Become a Patron!

Beginner rda for use with mvp or istick

Not looking to sub ohm or anything like just want to get a simple to build rba/rda that will work on mvp or istick. Just want to try dripping to see if it's my thing or not. I have all the equipment and materials to do this and have watched many, many videos. Think I can do this safely. What rba/rda would you recommend? Don't want a really expensive one...a clone will do. Suggestions are appreciated. Been vaping about 5 months breaking a 49 year habit to the analogs. Love this stuff!

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With an MVP you have a "soft" 1.2Ω/3 amp limit... with the iStick, not a clue as to it's lower resistance limit. Keep that in mind because you may want a RDA that will allow for a single, thicker wire, coil build as well as dual parallel coil builds.
The difference is that the AFC will allow a single air hole adjustment as well as dual air holes. The Origen V2 would be an example of this.

As to RTAs... although there are shit tons of variations out now, the original Kayfun Lite + or Kebo R91% pattern attys are still some of the best single coil RTAs around, and either, at 1.2Ω-1.7Ω, work quite nicely with modestly powered APVs.

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just to get your toes wet you cant beat one of those tugboat clones that are selling for $5-$10 everywhere. My favorite and easiest to build imo is the plume veil which would be maybe $15-$20. I enjoy both. Like above poster said with mvp and istick you're going to have a minimum resistance limit. I think the eleaf will fire down to 1 ohm, mvp around .8 but with the amp limit you're not going to get true output at .8. Still with a 1 ohm coil on a $5 rda at 20 watts (istick) it should give you a decent idea of dripping.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You can get a Patriot dirt cheap.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
magma clone...
adjustable air flow, deep drip well, single/dual coil, top 3 in flavor, no "O" rings to mess with...

Seanchai

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
+1 magma. I run it in single coil on my MVP all the time, works great. It's super easy to build, and like Ellipsis said, there's no O rings, so nothing to wear out. The advantage to getting an RBA that runs both single and dual coils is that it can "grow" with you - if you do get a mod with a higher amp limit down the road, or you decide to get into mechs, you'll be able to dual coil the magma if you so choose.

Having said that, I usually run it in single coil even on my mechs, but I like having options.

I got mine from fasttech for $15 and change, liked it so much I picked up a second one.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
+2
on the Magma , awesome RDA and top shelf for pure taste , i have run mine on an MVP and with a single coil and it works fine. I like 10 to 11 watts with the MVP , thread wick through coil and tuck both ends of wick down into the drip well and your good .

When i inquired about a dripper to go with an MVP a while back , most said a simple Nimbus but the Magma is superior.

I have been looking at the magma. Looks pretty simple and I'm sure there are many videos on YouTube about it. I need to check out the tugboat and patriot and see how simple they look. I'm also doing research on rtas. Thanks all for the input. I'm sure I'll have more questions

OK...an update on my dripping quest. I first bought a little cheap smok rda. That convinced me to go further and I've placed my order for a magma. Wow, flavor just comes alive with dripping. I can now see a Reo in my future! Thanks to all who responded. Thanks for your expertise and advice.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your very welcome but i'm no expert , others here are though. If you like the RDA you got now the Magma will blow your socks off , no joke , it's the ultimate if taste is what you live for .

Enjoy

VU Sponsors