Become a Patron!

BBC engineer who loved his job becomes 'Britain's first' e-cigarette suicide after drinking liquid n

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Bottled cider has recently become all the rage in Northern and Central Europe. It's been around, but not heavily marketed, as it has been, as of late...
Because most families made it themselves, stupid easy to make. Buy a big gallon or 4 liter bottle of fresh squeezed apple juice, take the cap off, stuff a bit of sterilized cotton in the mouth of the bottle, place in a cool place and come back 5 weeks later to cider.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Because most families made it themselves, stupid easy to make. Buy a big gallon or 4 liter bottle of fresh squeezed apple juice, take the cap off, stuff a bit of sterilized cotton in the mouth of the bottle, place in a cool place and come back 5 weeks later to cider.
Same with wine in Italy, but I spent a summer on the Amalfi Coast back in the day when wine coolers were all the rage. I imagine if someone had committed suicide by drinking too many it would have made the news...

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wine coolers were a way to take crap house wine and add fruit juice and soda to make it palatable. Then it caught on and they marketed it, like putting a lime wedge in your beer....

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Same with wine in Italy, but I spent a summer on the Amalfi Coast back in the day when wine coolers were all the rage. I imagine if someone had committed suicide by drinking too many it would have made the news...

They took cisco off the market when I was a teenager and made them re market it with
"This is NOT a wine cooler"
plastered across the bottle.
Shit is 20% alcohol by volume and college kids (especially girls) were drinking it and turning up dead left and right.
In Baltimore it was called "liquid crack"
One $3.00 bottle was all you needed
Buy 3 between you and a friend and you woke up the next day and didn't remember shit.

LOL looks like it was much bigger than a Bmore thing: http://www.bumwine.com/cisco.html

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They took cisco off the market when I was a teenager and made them re market it with
"This is NOT a wine cooler"
plastered across the bottle.
Shit is 20% alcohol by volume and college kids (especially girls) were drinking it and turning up dead left and right.
In Baltimore it was called "liquid crack"
One $3.00 bottle was all you needed
Buy 3 between you and a friend and you woke up the next day and didn't remember shit.

LOL looks like it was much bigger than a Bmore thing: http://www.bumwine.com/cisco.html
LOL, Cisco. Had a bottle once. Still can't remember where my socks went the next morning. No kidding. My socks vanished while I was still wearing my Keds.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
R.I.P. he obviously needs the prayers. Sad it needs to tarnish our industry.

http://www.eliquidcopackers.com/#!Not-All-Caps-Are-Created-Equally/lxgtn/5660826d0cf203d325e8a188

"The idea of liquid nicotine getting into the hands of minors is scary. As eliquid manufacturers, it's our responsibility to take precautionary measures to assist in preventing accidents. CRC or Child Resistant Caps are one way ejuice manufacturers can do this. Responsible care for location and placement of eliquid bottles, on behalf of the consumer, is equally important."

For the love of anything and everything in this universe PLEASE STOP CALLING IT "liquid nicotine"
It's not liquid nicotine, it never was liquid nicotine IT IS ELIQUID

liquid nicotine is a term ANTZ and asshole Corrupt Mafia Style Democrat Senators & Congressman use to make it sound really scary to the average non vaping sheep.

We do not call coffee Liquid Caffiene
We do not call beer Liquid Alcohol
We do not call Cough Syrup Liquid Dextromethorphan

So why in the fuck do people think they have the right to call a bottle of something that is 98.6% to 99.85% NOT NICOTINE "Liquid Nicotine"???

This just boggles my fucking mind.

We shouldn't even call nicotine base (which is 90% not nicotine) Liquid Nicotine should we???

When the typical government fearing politically correct sheep hears the term Liquid Nicotine they think of a bottle of liquid that is 100% nicotine and highly toxic and poisonous.

The government, FDA, CDC, Centers For Tobacco Free Kids, ACS, ALA, Douchebag Stanton Glantz, and the rest of "Public Health" has been lying to these sheeple since 2008 about eliquid being "Liquid Nicotine" but any Vendor, Vaper, Advocate, Bottle Maker, Anyone who doesn't want to see vaping fail SHOULD NOT go around telling people who do or don't know any better that a bottle of 98.5+% Something Other than nicotine is the equivalent of 100% Nicotine.

That is what you are telling people when you call it "Liquid Nicotine".

You might as well go one step further and call vaping a fucking tobacco product like our fine piece of shit government has been doing for close to a decade.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors