Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
  • CheriePie
    Battery Specifications and Safety
    Please share all useful information related to batteries here. This includes specifications, sub-ohm calculations, and more.

To start us of, here's a great battery chart/calculator:

Battery mAh & C Rating = amp Calculator
  • 03-11-2014, 08:08 PM
    CheriePie
    This is from Techonaut's thread at **Sub-Ohm Vaping** Discussion, Safety, Battery Info, & Warnings
    (thanks Dan Knight)

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...psir9ckljv.jpg
  • 03-11-2014, 08:11 PM
    CheriePie
    Understanding Batteries
    A great primer on the different types of batteries, abbreviations, and recommended usages:
    Understanding Batteries

Batitude's Blog at ECF:
    Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR?
  • 03-11-2014, 08:20 PM
    Kent Brooks
    http://i.imgur.com/zuDHLjr.png
  • 03-11-2014, 08:23 PM
    CheriePie
    And another voltage chart:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...gechart-lg.jpg
  • 03-11-2014, 08:26 PM
    CheriePie
    Calculating Battery Drain Current
  • 03-11-2014, 08:26 PM
    Nailz
    I guess I vape to high then, I use 1.5ohm dual coil cartos and vape at 10 watts, and also vape at 10 watts on my kayfun builds that are about the same ohms.
  • 03-11-2014, 08:38 PM
    CheriePie
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nailz
    I guess I vape to high then, I use 1.5ohm dual coil cartos and vape at 10 watts, and also vape at 10 watts on my kayfun builds that are about the same ohms.
    I wouldn't pay a whole lotta nevermind to what color a number falls on in those charts, especially if it's in the red. With older toppers that have been around awhile (EVODs and such), and 80 PG/ 20 VG liquid, yeah you might get burning at numbers that fall within the red. But micro coils sub-ohm and thicker liquids have all but eliminated all that these days.

I would say those initial red/yellow/green zones are really just a good starting place for a new vaper with thin liquid and entry level vaping gear. :)
  • 03-12-2014, 05:52 AM
    DaBucs
    I like to use this ohms law calculator to determine watts when in voltage mode:

http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohm...calculator.php
  • 03-12-2014, 09:08 AM
    CheriePie
    Ahhh yes, I forgot about the calculators. Good call DaBucs!

Here is another that I use regularly:

Ohm's Law Calculator at OnlineConversion.com

I love the above site because they have conversions for everything there. Check it out and see.

Also, if you want to know all the formulas behind the calculations:

Electrical Equations
  • 04-08-2014, 10:06 AM
    Experimental Strategies
    Very nice thread, this is an awesome start at helping others understand battery safety. What is the margin of control on the battery list and its suggested safe lowest ohm rating? 20%? Is it based on burst or steady current (steady hopefully, the numbers look right) Just curious and TY​
  • 04-28-2014, 10:30 AM
    IMEDICx90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Derty
    Mornin guys. another rough one. on a brighter side i'm getting a Turtle Ship clone. Recommendations on batteries? from what i read i think i want ultrafire (?)
    Intending on enjoying flavors in a IGO-w3, not cloud chasing.
    Come on Derty! Anything with the name fire in it is bad. Go with any of these:
    Sony vct3
    Sony vct4
    Sony VCT5
    Mnke
    Efest(purple ones)
    EH
    AW
    Obatronics
    Panasonic
    LG
    Samsung

Any of those will be fine. Just stay away from ultra fire and trust fire. Also a quick google/forum search would lead you right to your answer. :)
  • 04-29-2014, 12:57 AM
    IMEDICx90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Experimental Strategies
    Very nice thread, this is an awesome start at helping others understand battery safety. What is the margin of control on the battery list and its suggested safe lowest ohm rating? 20%? Is it based on burst or steady current (steady hopefully, the numbers look right) Just curious and TY
    It's 15% I believe and it is based on continuous amps. No reason to base it on the burst capability, as that's not really what the battery is capable of, but it will handle the burst amps. It will kill the battery sooner, but it shouldn't cause it to enter into thermal runaway.​

VU Sponsors