Become a Patron!

Battery RFI

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey there, I'm currently vaping with a SUBOX Mini complete with two Samsung INR 18650 batteries.
Now, I have this portable charger (pic included) and was wondering if it is safe to completely disassemble and use with my SUBOX as well. Far as I can tell (with my limited knowledge of batteries) it's roughly the same or similar to what i'm currently using. Any provided help or information will be greatly appreciated.
battery.png

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey there, I'm currently vaping with a SUBOX Mini complete with two Samsung INR 18650 batteries.
Now, I have this portable charger (pic included) and was wondering if it is safe to completely disassemble and use with my SUBOX as well. Far as I can tell (with my limited knowledge of batteries) it's roughly the same or similar to what i'm currently using. Any provided help or information will be greatly appreciated.
View attachment 24547

Hey bud...look, I did about an hour and a half's worth of searching trying to find that battery in your picture...and so I am going out on a limb here and guessing but I am pretty sure from the looks of it that your battery there is a "Bestfire" brand battery....and the reason the word "fire" is in the name is that's because that's probably what that battery will do if it's used for something vape related...there is a whole range of "xxxxfire" brands and they're all scary horrible batteries that should be avoided at all costs regardless of cost.

One thing I do know is the "ICR" in the serial numbers after the 18650 is the kind of battery it is...it is an 18650 ICR battery...and those with a few exceptions (such as the LG HD2 where it is clearly labeled and documented in the spec sheet that it is a very special blend of chemistry that even makes it possible,) that ICR batteries have a maximum continuous drain limit of 2C which is twice their mah rating....so if you have a 2000 mah rated ICR battery it's maximum continuous amp drain limit is 4000 mA or 4 amps....and the pulse limit on it is just a few amps higher and that pulse limit is for a short number of seconds, I mean usually 10 or less.

Like I said, there are a few special blend ICR batteries, most of them made by LG to my knowledge and I wouldn't be surprised if they just documented it wrong in the English text for us, that can be fired past their 2C drain limit, but it would be well documented and easy to find that information on the web since they're made by a legitimate and reputable company and not just a rewrap factory like eFest or MXJO.

Bottom line is I would stick to your trust worthy Samsung INR's and chuck that battery in the bin as fast as you possibly can and never speak of it again for safety's sake.

Not trying to be a jerk, just looking out for the health and well being of you and others around you should use choose to gamble on that battery.

I wish you the best of luck and happy vaping bud...sorry if this isn't the answer you wanted for your question but it's the best one I can give.

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You're answer is quite sufficient. I too have had no luck locating this battery anywhere on the web (maybe noteworthy that it's a portable charger a friend gave me which came straight out of a dozen box of beer) other than a YouTube video showing a way to apparently fix the charger if it breaks.
I will heed your advice on not ripping it apart for use in my subox but will still keep it in it's entirety as a portable charger for my phone and other devices.

Your time spent researching and the consideration employed within your response is greatly appreciated - thank you muchly [:=

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You're answer is quite sufficient. I too have had no luck locating this battery anywhere on the web (maybe noteworthy that it's a portable charger a friend gave me which came straight out of a dozen box of beer) other than a YouTube video showing a way to apparently fix the charger if it breaks.
I will heed your advice on not ripping it apart for use in my subox but will still keep it in it's entirety as a portable charger for my phone and other devices.

Your time spent researching and the consideration employed within your response is greatly appreciated - thank you muchly [:=

Sorry I couldn't give you a better answer, but if your battery came from a beer box...well....here's your sign...especially since batteries are typically priced by their mah first and then their amp drain limits second it works out to our advantage as vapors as we need the highest continuous amp drain limits possible and this means we aren't going to get and those batteries definitely do not have the highest mah ratings the batteries we need are fairly inexpensive...still....as a rule of thumb...if you're going to spend a bunch of money on a nice mod and rda or tank, why would cheap out on the most important parts....the battery and the charger....it's like buying a porche' than trying to run it on moonshine, just not a good idea or very safe :)

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ur reply was informative, no need for an apology [:=

....it's like buying a porche' than trying to run it on moonshine, just not a good idea or very safe :)
beautiful ha hah

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@KayOhBe .... Hey bud...in all the excitement I almost forgot...Welcome to the Vaping Underground...I hope you like it here...you can get lost for hours just reading threw the threads and following links "down the rabbit hole." I don't know how long you've been vaping or what you know so I will just say this..I am glad you asked that question before you ripped apart and ruined a perfectly good power bank...I hope you feel free to ask as many more ask you'd like ....There are no stupid questions...only stupid reasons not to ask them....everyone here is friendly and helpful for the most part and is here to help each other and share our love of vaping....enjoy and once again welcome :)

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I appreciate the warm welcome!
I'm certain to like it here and to clear things up a lil:
I've been ah chukin does vapes for nearing a year and a half. I've watched a hundred+ YouTube vids pertaining to vaping in the form of product showcasing, building tutorials, competitions, and various general chatter/boasting.
I've also been heavy computer savvy for around abouts 20 years and am quite familiar at how to surf a good forum. From what I've seen of this forum thusfar, I'm extremely pleased with the environment portrayed by it's inhabitants and will assuredly be staying for quite a while.
As it stands I'm fairly new to vaping - I've owned (in order) random oldschool pen vape, EVOD2 with spare colored tanks & batteries, EMOW Mega, KBOX with Subtank Mini, and now my Subox Mini. My next purchase is going to be an RDA deck from a local vape shop.
And finally, I'll be sure to try and lend a hand wherever I can and whenever I'm seeking information for myself or others and cannot locate it within the forums, I certainly wont hesitate to inquire via post [:=
Thanks again for the helpful suggestions

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@KayOhBe ...

I'm glad you like it here and decided to stay :) Please understand...when I answer a question I do my best not to talk down to anyone, that is never my intention...but I try and write it out as if someone had never vaped so if someone has the same question with no knowledge at all that is scared to ask for whatever stupid reason that hopefully they will find this thread and know they're not the only one that has thought if it and there's an answer waiting for them just the same :)

Sounds like you've done the standard progression threw vape gear that most of us have done...at least you missed out on the dark ages of tea bags and blue aquarium foam :)

It's never to early to start helping people...it's my favorite thing to do here...if I know something I say it, if I don't then I don't so I don't mislead or give bad info, but for me the greatest part of vaping is helping new vapors get started and threw their first few vaping "baby steps." It's one of the greatest ways I know how to PIF and the more people I can help the better and this is one of the best ways I know to help is taking the time to answer questions here. You'll find in time it can be way more fun and rewarding and way less drama filled than "this flavor is better than that flavor" or "the dark horse is better than the MX V4"..... Vaping is a personal journey...I can't tell you what to buy or like, I can only tell you what I like and my experience with that...you'll have to take the time and research to figure out the best RDA for you next...but I have pleanty of "unoffical guides to vaping" around here we've writtin up to help you with that as well :) The best way to shop, even if you can't afford to buy in store, that I have found is go to the biggest vape shop you can get to if you can get to one at all that has the biggest selection of gear in your area....believe me I know they can be pricey and I vape on a tight budget these days and have to buy online...but I still buy like an ego charger or something for taking up there time...but look at and hold as many rda's as you can...there's no amount of words and pictures on the internet that can describe an item better than you looking at it in person...it will help you find the RDA that is for you :)

Best of luck and happy hunting and looking forward to seeing you around the Underground :)

VU Sponsors