Become a Patron!

Battery/Charge

Hi!

So I went to Florida for a week and half. I didn't bring my vape with me, I left it at home not connected to the charger. I came back to find that it's on really low battery, I couldn't even vape from it. So, I tried to find the charger, but I couldn't. I left my vape alone until I could get another charger for it. I just bought another charger today. My vape is completely dead to the point it won't even turn on. I plugged it into the charger, but it still wont turn on. Should I let it charge for a bit before turning it on? I'm not sure if I messed with the battery or if it's just super dead because it hasn't been charged in weeks.

Thanks

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hello! Welcome to the VU! :wave:

Yeah, unless it was faulty before your trip I'm sure it just needs to be left alone on the charger. What kind of mod is it? I know I have a ton of Egos that haven't been charged in a year and they still work.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I would suggest you get an actual charger, like a LUC4. It's better for the batteries to charge them on an actual charger rather than a micro usb.

I would suggest you get an actual charger, like a LUC4. It's better for the batteries to charge them on an actual charger rather than a micro usb.

Until I do, will my vape turn back on? lol. I'm so worried because it would suck not having it turn back on after spending so much money on it

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Until I do, will my vape turn back on? lol. I'm so worried because it would suck not having it turn back on after spending so much money on it
Most likely it will. But also, if there is a problem... it's most likely the batteries and not the mod itself.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some mods will actually run the batteries down low enough that regular chargers will not charge them.
There can be safety issues involved when charging batteries below a certain voltage. 1.5 or 2V I forget the exact voltage.

Some mods will actually run the batteries down low enough that regular chargers will not charge them.
There can be safety issues involved when charging batteries below a certain voltage. 1.5 or 2V I forget the exact voltage.

So I bought the i4 for charging my batteries. I put all my batteries in but I'm not sure if they're charging or not? The lights on the battery charger are flashing for three of my batteries, but one of them it's not.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I bought the i4 for charging my batteries. I put all my batteries in but I'm not sure if they're charging or not? The lights on the battery charger are flashing for three of my batteries, but one of them it's not.
Don't have an I4 so my conclusion is that either 3 or 1 of your batteries is bad?
Or maybe 1 is fully charged?

Hopefullly someone with knowledge of that charger will help you out.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I have the I4 and as far as I know if it isn't lit up or flashing it is not charging. When fully charged all lights are lit. If incorrectly installed then all 3 lights flash for that cell. Check to make sure it is making good contact for the one that is not lit up. Since I never had to deal with a bad cell I can't tell you how it reacts but reading the manual will help.

I have the I4 and as far as I know if it isn't lit up or flashing it is not charging. When fully charged all lights are lit. If incorrectly installed then all 3 lights flash for that cell. Check to make sure it is making good contact for the one that is not lit up. Since I never had to deal with a bad cell I can't tell you how it reacts but reading the manual will help.

Okay! I just put in new batteries that I've never used in the charger. They all have one light lit up, I'm assuming that means they need to be fully charged?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As they charge 1 will flash then the next will flash and one stays lit until the 3rd starts flashing and when they are fully charged the 3 lights will just stay lit.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I finally broke down and bought a separate battery charger this year after three years of charging on mods, smartest thing I've done in vaping so far. After reading a ton of reviews bought an Lii-500 from Fasttech and love this charger, tells me everything, voltage, mah charged, charge time, has a battery capacity test, and doesn't get too hot when charging 4 batteries at 1A.
https://m.fasttech.com/products/1421/10018115/3730504-authentic-liitokala-lii-500-2-9-lcd-4-slot

VU Sponsors