Become a Patron!

Bad Taste from my 510???

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Solved - was just leaking into and below the 510 plate, then cooking with heat. I put a 510 drip tip o-ring on the base of my RDA to stop the leaking. I also completely disassembled (and reassembled) my mod! :slowclap:

Hi all, I have a Therion BF 75C

It gets this weird yucky taste less than one day after cleaning the 510

I tried soaking my bottles in isopropyl alcohol last night, and cleaned the 510 (again) but it already taste funky again. Why???

I noticed some greenish gunk on the underside of the 510 a while back, and I think that's causing it, but WHAT is it, Why does it start so fast, and how can I make it quit getting yucky? My bottles dont leak anywhere (that I can see)

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Replace the orings and seals..... they probably used crap ones that are being disolved by juice and eroded by friction.. assuming you mean the 520 on the mod.. sounds like leakage and build up. Cleaning things more often might also be th e solution.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Replace the orings and seals..... they probably used crap ones that are being disolved by juice and eroded by friction.. assuming you mean the 520 on the mod.. sounds like leakage and build up. Cleaning things more often might also be th e solution.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I've been scared to take apart the 510 in my mod, not sure if it's even possible, but I will look deeper into that and see how to do it...

Edit: I have taken the 510 plate out, and cleaned inside it, but the pin itself is inside a closed spring-loaded doohickey that I have not tried taking apart yet

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi all, I have a Therion BF 75C

It gets this weird yucky taste less than one day after cleaning the 510

I tried soaking my bottles in isopropyl alcohol last night, and cleaned the 510 (again) but it already taste funky again. Why???

I noticed some greenish gunk on the underside of the 510 a while back, and I think that's causing it, but WHAT is it, Why does it start so fast, and how can I make it quit getting yucky? My bottles dont leak anywhere (that I can see)
Sounds like you have exposed brass in the 510. The greenish gunk is a clue.
I had one el cheapo sqounker with a bare brass 510 inside the tube. Tasted horrible to me. And why I will never buy a brass or copper atty.
Replaced the 510 with a decent one and a few hours later the board went bad in the POS. It is lying somewhere in the woods behind the house.
Only mod I ever just plain trashed.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sounds like you have exposed brass in the 510. I had one el cheapo sqounker with a bare brass 510. Tasted horrible to me. And why I will never buy a brass or copper atty.
Replaced the 510 with a decent one and a few hours later the board went bad in the POS. It is lying somewhere in the woods behind the house.
Only mod I ever just plain trashed.

I was afraid of that. Makes sense, with the green gunk. Damn it, why would a $120 mod not use SS, the $#&@ China crappers

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What I think is necessary:

Screenshot_20180821-231116.png

What is actually necessary:
15349112668881950136312.jpg

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Updating that it was solely juice leaking from the 510 connection, out from between the rda and plate, and to below the plate where it became stanky. O-ring at top of my rda's 510 threads stopped the leaking

My baby is loved again

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Updating that it was solely juice leaking from the 510 connection, out from between the rda and plate, and to below the plate where it became stanky. O-ring at top of my rda's 510 threads stopped the leaking

My baby is loved again
:bliss:

VU Sponsors