Become a Patron!

Bad buttery taste

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
I am now officially confused.

Many juices I've tried have what I call a buttery after taste. Not horrible but annoying and sticks with me for a day or more. I do understand that the vilified diacetyl could be the culprit but thought juice makers were steering clear of it. I guess I've been wrong in thinking majority VG adds to that buttery flavor, no? Let me add that the alleged health questions with diacetyl are probably overblown IMO but if it's the sole source of the nasty buttery flavor, fuggedaboudit.

I'd call myself a paleo-vaper, ex-cig smoker more than happy with tobacco juices only. Any other juice has that buttery taste, so do most tobaccos but some very little. I also chase throat hits and prefer more PG than VG. Finding majority PG not that easy.

My favorite has been St.Louis local juice maker Maximum Vapors' "Humpty Dumpty" and "Red", head and shoulders better than anything else I've tried. Really nice and 60PG/40VG. Sad to say there's been turmoil there throughout the Summer and getting juice from them is sketchy at best. Even worse, I'm told they'll be going to 50PG/50VG, crap....

So I was happy to see Yaeliq offers many choices of tobacco flavors and PG/VG mixes at great prices. Let me go 70PG/30VG, oh boy!! My order came yesterday and yikes, buttery galore, unvapable. Double crap...

Can it simply be diacetyl causing this buttery taste, do VG/PG factor in, something else? Would Yaeliq be using diacetyl at this time? Help!!

I will no doubt end up in the DIY E Liquid section soon to find recipes I can whip up with no butter as the primary consideration.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might also be a good question to ask in the DIY section too. Hope you find out what it is. :)

VU Sponsors