Become a Patron!

Avocado keeps popping

Hey guys, I just bought an avocado tank and it was working very well at first. But since I started using it, it's starting to pop and it's just not smoke able right now. Does anyone know what the problem is?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, ...

May be you're running the coil/s too hot.
The coil material may be from inferior grade.

Let's start with dialing the wattage / heat down. Go down as low as the regulated mod will go. Ah, you've a mechanical mod? ...

Please help me, help you. I am not aware of all your particular variables. I have no choice but to ask questions in order to possibly offer a solution. This process is called troubleshooting. :)

Last edited:
I'm running it on a fuchai 200w. I had it up to 80 watts before, and it started popping. Then I put it down to 60 watts and it's still doing so. I don't think it's the coils because I just put them on.

I think I fixed it.. I believe the popping was from they juice being on the coils, and the juice was burning at such a high temperature it started popping

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think I fixed it.. I believe the popping was from they juice being on the coils, and the juice was burning at such a high temperature it started popping

What are you using as wick for the coil. I ought to have suggested first hand to try rayon. As a buddy @inspects reminded me while helping someone else:

Yes, it's rayon, but you can pack in the coil fairly tight and still wicks well.

#

If your coil is packed up with wick, no air gets into the mix but what is needed. You may get the same from cotton. I know for myself rayon works, not tried cotton, happy with rayon. :)

VU Sponsors