Become a Patron!

Avocado 24mm or Tornado?

Khaoticfury

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looking to get an RDA experience in an RTA and am trying to decide between the GeekVape Avocado 24mm and the iJoy Tornado. Which one is better and why?

Reactions: CJ

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking to get an RDA experience in an RTA and am trying to decide between the GeekVape Avocado 24mm and the iJoy Tornado. Which one is better and why?
They are very different kinds of atomizers to compare

Khaoticfury

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
be that as it may....both claim to be the closest to an RDA that an RTA can get.....I am just wondering 1. which is more successful at that claim?, and 2. which is better overall in ease of building, flavor, and vapor production?

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
be that as it may....both claim to be the closest to an RDA that an RTA can get.....I am just wondering 1. which is more successful at that claim?, and 2. which is better overall in ease of building, flavor, and vapor production?
I've tried a Tornado and didn't really like it the boreas is better. I haven't tried the theorem but have heard a lot of complaints and the iJoy limitless rdta is basically an improved version of the theorem and Avocado. So I would say neither. The closest I've experienced to a dripper would be the boreas.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As far as build ease the Tornado can be a pain in the ass. The theorem should be pretty simple just have to put a gap in the wick hole

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The Tornado is a PITA, so if you're between those two, I would get the Avocado.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
why is it bad? I have the Moonshot and like it.....the Tornado just looks like a suped up Moonshot

Well, then you know about using the chimney or a screwdriver then to pulse your coils. For me doing 6 in the Tornado that way was a pain.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The Tornado, as I now own one, is like an even more pain in the dick Moonshot. There's absolutely zero benefit to it. You get a big deck. That's it. The flavor is sub-par at best, the deck is an absolute nightmare to build on, doing anything other than dual coil builds leads to your coils getting poor airflow to them, and it's just NOT a good vape. In terms of the vape, the Tornado falls short of the Moonshot in every way. The flavor and vapor density off the Moonshot far surpass that of the Tornado. The Tornado is a novelty RTA, kind of like the Mason 40mm RDA's and things like that. They weren't made to be daily driver, all day vape equipment.

If you want an RDA experience out of a tank, get the Boreas RDTA, the Aromamizer Supreme RDTA, The Modfather RDTA or the SMOK TF-RDTA. The Boreas in my opinion is the best out of the lot. The Avocado, Fodi, Theorem and Haze style tanks are in no mans land. They don't give better flavor than most straight up RDA's, nor are they cloud chuckers. The Genesis style format leads to a lot of tilting to get it to wick unless it's at full capacity, and filling them can be a bitch too. Not to mention unless you like building little ass coils to run at tootle-puffer range low wattage settings, the new Genesis Style tanks give off AWFUL spit back except for the Haze due to its offset drip tip.

Unless you just want a big build deck, there's virtually ZERO reasoning behind buying a Tornado or Avocado. If you truly want the most RDA-esque experience out of a tank, get a Boreas/Supreme/MF/TF-RDTA.

AdubbaU

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agree is a pita to build and not got flavor up to par. Find that some flavors are about the same with the tornado Vs better tanks. So not really a benefit to do Tornado Vs all the others. Just doing dual coils now. Would I buy it again, yes. Would I recommend it to anyone I know, probably not.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors