Become a Patron!

Authentic Mod maker goes after deals blog listing clones for sale

johnnyyuma

Member For 4 Years
Dear Customer,

We have received a complete Trademark complaint alleging that Trademark infringement is taking place on your hosted site. This notification was submitted pursuant to GoDaddy’s Trademark Infringement Policy, which can be found here:

https://www.godaddy.com/agreements/showdoc.aspx?pageid=TRADMARK_COPY

In accordance with this policy, as well as the hosting agreement you consented to upon purchase of the service, we will need to suspend this hosting account if this matter can not resolved by removing this content within the next 24 hours or submitting a complete counter notification as described in the policy.

http://vapingdealsndiscounts.com/my...tient-infringement-on-a-blog-who-would-think/

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
of course GoDaddy cant be bothered with asking for copies of said copyright papers in order to confirm the allegations (there of course are no such papers to produce, as a machined metal tube that is functionally identical to every other similarly purposed machined metal tubes).

johnnyyuma

Member For 4 Years
of course GoDaddy cant be bothered with asking for copies of said copyright papers in order to confirm the allegations (there of course are no such papers to produce, as a machined metal tube that is functionally identical to every other similarly purposed machined metal tubes).

I don't think I've seen the mod mentioned, but could they be referring to a trademarked logo
09ZoFhP.png

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It is possible, but a model logo would not likely be trademarked, unless it is also a company logo, which would be trademarked when the company became listed. Honestly, and in light of the ECC fiasco, it is most likely a bluff. At the end of the day, you can only successfully litigate what you can prove.

johnnyyuma

Member For 4 Years
It is possible, but a model logo would not likely be trademarked, unless it is also a company logo, which would be trademarked when the company became listed. Honestly, and in light of the ECC fiasco, it is most likely a bluff. At the end of the day, you can only successfully litigate what you can prove.

And I'm guessing GoDaddy would rather drop the site than fight it.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
And I'm guessing GoDaddy would rather drop the site than fight it.
Considering the volume of subscribers, then can afford to just drop a customer or two rather than face off with attorneys in a commerce related proceeding.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The trolls are busy.... similar thing on Angelcigs FB account when posting about certain mod. Admin banned/blocked, threatened site to be closed, etc. BUT, they had massive amounts of merchandise seized at customs (I heard).

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
"Sir, we have reason to believe that there are two shipping containers on that incoming vessel that contain black market military grade weapons, what are our orders?"

"NEVERMIND THAT AGENT KOWALSKI!!!!, there are five containers containing cloned mods! SEIZE THEM NOW, or the terrorists will WIN!!"

Zombiewoof

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OMG, Who fucking cares already. Beat a dead horse why don't ya...I bet you lose all sorts of sleep over this :rolleyes:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, this is a bit of
Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

Good for them if they actually took steps to protect their logo, but when its registered isn't that on a government site and not some free legal zoom looking site?

VU Sponsors