Become a Patron!

Authentic Luxyoun Smaug 150watt for $119 Shipped OBO!

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get a 1A USB wall adapter and that will speed up that process... it would still be quicker to use an external charger of course as each battery could be charged at 1A if you had such a charger... Does it give you an all day smoke?
When your comparing the 50watts on the smaug to the 30 on the Sig 100 V2 what are you using to compare?

I am really curious about what Vape719 thinks about his Unik V2 and what kind of issue's he is having...
If you would like Freemind I can pass along your issue's with the Smaug to Luxyoun.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If I got to pull my batteries (unscrew the lid) I'm gonna shit can the mod. More effort to piddle with it then I care to give.

I do have a I4 Intelli charger, but I use that for batts I can take OUT of my mods easy enough.

Using a Billow RTA, with a .3 Ohm coil. 35 watts on the Smaug won't even make vape.

A charge on the Smaug lasts up to 9 hours. Then I have to get another mod for the rest of the day (9 hours)

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I should add, the 9 hours with the Smaug is about 1 and 1/2 fills of the Billow. So not a ton of juice.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I know my friend and it is sad really! They had the opportunity to really step up and make something of themselves in the marketplace but have decided to take the low road... putting out garbage and providing no customer service after the sale, once something goes wrong!
I watched your youtube video seems crappy. I guess if they know they are pushing crap, customer service is nothing but a bullshit blanket marketing term.
The charger does a shitty job. Takes 12+ hours to charge via USB.

It takes using 50 watts on the Smaug to equal 35 on the Sig 100 V2.

Fire button contact is not always good. Sometimes you have to press harder to get it to fire.

Wish I would have just bought a Sig 150. Next box probably will be, if someone buys my Smaug.

Maybe I am paranoid but from the things I have read I would be nervous of trusting their charging port to charge dual batts. P4Y had issues on the ipv3 and Sig doesn't even try. Trusting a questionable mod to be plugged in for nine hours sounds a little sketchy, of course I don't have one so what do I know lol.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I watched your youtube video seems crappy. I guess if they know they are pushing crap, customer service is nothing but a bullshit blanket marketing term.

Maybe I am paranoid but from the things I have read I would be nervous of trusting their charging port to charge dual batts. P4Y had issues on the ipv3 and Sig doesn't even try. Trusting a questionable mod to be plugged in for nine hours sounds a little sketchy, of course I don't have one so what do I know lol.

If they were in a series or the recharges were high, then I'd worry. I'm keeping an eye on it, but am ok with it for now.

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my dragon smaug yesterday and built a .4 ohm dual on my billow and .5 ohm stock on the delta II and I have been blowing CLOUDS!!! I think I got a great unit. So far SO GOOD!!! Ive been charging using my wall usb and on my computer and seems to charge just fine. I dont have a wall charger for batteries as of yet as my first mod was the istick 30 and also uses a usb. I like the billow build on the smaug. I've been puffing at 50 watts. Last night I had the stock delta II coil at 75 watts and took it to my vape store to show it off and build. The employees there were blown away and were all asking to take pulls at 75 watts because they could not believe the delta II was able to handle 75 watts No Problem! I'm using the OEM sony batteries and they seen legit. does anyone know how to test and see what makes a sony V5 legit?
I will post a youtube review after awhile as I am breaking it in and want to have confidence before I promote it. I do like it though.

As for the conversation i saw about it being parallel and series compatible, In the badly written instruction booklet that comes with it there is a sticker that was stuck over a paragraph that states to only use in parallel as using in series will short out the unit or cause wires to burn!! So maybe that is the problem some of you have had and they have become aware to only run it in parallel.

I like the istick 30 at 30 watts with the delta II and this will probably be my main "daily driver" until I get off work and fire up the dragon at night.
My first impression of the Smaug is that it is a nice affordable 150 watt that vapes strong. I am happy. I also think the gravity sensor to turn it off is interesting, when you click the fire button 5 times it goes into setup and if you tilt it right or left it adjusts wattage. If you click the fire button again it goes into puff counter and you can clear the data by tilting, and when you click the fire button again it goes into power mode and if you tilt it left it says goodbye and shuts off.

I haven't completely charged my batteries in it yet as I was a little sketchy as to whether or not it would automatically regulate and shutoff after full charge. But according to a poster on this thread it will so i will be testing that next.
The one thing I do not like so far is that if the power is off and you plug it into the usb port there is no indication that it is charging. So I don't know if it charges when the unit is off. I like that the Istick does have this feature.

I will keep you all posted.
Peace and cloudydaze!

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my dragon smaug yesterday and built a .4 ohm dual on my billow and .5 ohm stock on the delta II and I have been blowing CLOUDS!!! I think I got a great unit. So far SO GOOD!!! Ive been charging using my wall usb and on my computer and seems to charge just fine. I dont have a wall charger for batteries as of yet as my first mod was the istick 30 and also uses a usb. I like the billow build on the smaug. I've been puffing at 50 watts. Last night I had the stock delta II coil at 75 watts and took it to my vape store to show it off and build. The employees there were blown away and were all asking to take pulls at 75 watts because they could not believe the delta II was able to handle 75 watts No Problem! I'm using the OEM sony batteries and they seen legit. does anyone know how to test and see what makes a sony V5 legit?
I will post a youtube review after awhile as I am breaking it in and want to have confidence before I promote it. I do like it though.

As for the conversation i saw about it being parallel and series compatible, In the badly written instruction booklet that comes with it there is a sticker that was stuck over a paragraph that states to only use in parallel as using in series will short out the unit or cause wires to burn!! So maybe that is the problem some of you have had and they have become aware to only run it in parallel.

I like the istick 30 at 30 watts with the delta II and this will probably be my main "daily driver" until I get off work and fire up the dragon at night.
My first impression of the Smaug is that it is a nice affordable 150 watt that vapes strong. I am happy. I also think the gravity sensor to turn it off is interesting, when you click the fire button 5 times it goes into setup and if you tilt it right or left it adjusts wattage. If you click the fire button again it goes into puff counter and you can clear the data by tilting, and when you click the fire button again it goes into power mode and if you tilt it left it says goodbye and shuts off.

I haven't completely charged my batteries in it yet as I was a little sketchy as to whether or not it would automatically regulate and shutoff after full charge. But according to a poster on this thread it will so i will be testing that next.
The one thing I do not like so far is that if the power is off and you plug it into the usb port there is no indication that it is charging. So I don't know if it charges when the unit is off. I like that the Istick does have this feature.

I will keep you all posted.
Peace and cloudydaze!

Thats odd, I've had my Smaug little over 3 weeks. Great mod for me. On mine when i USB charge the screen lights up, and stays lite up untill fully charged, and the battery indicator keeps running left to right showing you it is charging. I vape while charging, when my batteries get to 4.26 the screen goes dark showing it has reached full charge.

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No
Thats odd, I've had my Smaug little over 3 weeks. Great mod for me. On mine when i USB charge the screen lights up, and stays lite up untill fully charged, and the battery indicator keeps running left to right showing you it is charging. I vape while charging, when my batteries get to 4.26 the screen goes dark showing it has reached full charge.
I mean when the unit is shut off it does not show that it is charging. When it is on it does illuminate and show the battery filling up and the volts. Since your on here and I am charging right now I can expect it to cut off at 4.26 volts?

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No

I mean when the unit is shut off it does not show that it is charging. When it is on it does illuminate and show the battery filling up and the volts. Since your on here and I am charging right now I can expect it to cut off at 4.26 volts?
Thats what mine shuts off at,

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I got to pull my batteries (unscrew the lid) I'm gonna shit can the mod. More effort to piddle with it then I care to give.

I do have a I4 Intelli charger, but I use that for batts I can take OUT of my mods easy enough.

Using a Billow RTA, with a .3 Ohm coil. 35 watts on the Smaug won't even make vape.

A charge on the Smaug lasts up to 9 hours. Then I have to get another mod for the rest of the day (9 hours)

You wouldn't have to pull out the batteries if you got a 1A wall adapter to USB that is what I am talking about. Use that to charge it via the micro-usb port.

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Unik worked decent for the couple of weeks it did work... As I stated the micro-usb on my Unik came loose within the first couple of days and I did not get around to resoldering it yet. My board failed a couple of weeks later... I am happy it is working good for you guys and I am curious how yours works down towards .3 of am ohm see how the mod acts...
I am still curious about the Unik V2 Vape719 has and what his experience has been...

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Unik worked decent for the couple of weeks it did work... As I stated the micro-usb on my Unik came loose within the first couple of days and I did not get around to resoldering it yet. My board failed a couple of weeks later... I am happy it is working good for you guys and I am curious how yours works down towards .3 of am ohm see how the mod acts...
I am still curious about the Unik V2 Vape719 has and what his experience has been...

Well here goes.
I screwed on 10 attys. I can get them all to fire. Lot of times I will run my big dripper on it at .3 my lancias at .4 Orchids at .5 Kayfuns little higer at 1.0. I would put one atty on and use it for a couple days. Honestly, if im going to use a atty at .3 it's better suited for a non regulated mod.

I will buy your unwanted Smaug paper weights for $10 hitme up!

Last edited:

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not a Smaug it is Unik 100watt and no I will not sell it to you for $10... the board has failed in it so I plan on getting it fixed if at all possible or I may just swap the chip in it myself...

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellas, So my smaug 150 does shut off I.E. screen turns off at 4.23 V. I ran my .4 ohm billow dual build at 20 watts to test vapor and it does give vapor but I also observe that at the lower wattage there is an audible tone kind of like an electric humm that occurs. For lower wattage I am going to stick with my I stick 30 and I will probably get the 50 when it comes out. I do think that the smaug is not producing as accurately as the istick in wattage, but at 40 + watts is very nice. Keep in mind that I vape a 18mg juice. I did tone it down to 6mg 80vg/20pg blend to get cloud production. I think that this unit is happy anywhere above 40 watts. At 40 watts that electronic hum goes away completely. And i am using a wall charger for my motorola tablet that is rated 1.6 amp output to charge and it charges fairly fast. i will time the next charge when fully depleted.
Have a cloudy day!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mine buzzes running the Billow at .3 running 50 watts.

50 watts on the Smaug gives the same vape as 35 watts on my Sigelei.

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Smaug and all Luxyoun box mods will give that buzzing sound if the battery voltage is higher than the output voltage going to the coils... IE it is reducing the voltage from the batteries and gives off that alarm or buzzing sound. If you read your manual from Luxyoun it will explain it further...
It mainly occurs if you are using low Ohm coils and or run lower wattage you will notice it more often.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The Smaug and all Luxyoun box mods will give that buzzing sound if the battery voltage is higher than the output voltage going to the coils... IE it is reducing the voltage from the batteries and gives off that alarm or buzzing sound. If you read your manual from Luxyoun it will explain it further...
It mainly occurs if you are using low Ohm coils and or run lower wattage you will notice it more often.
Nic you keep saying that, but in my case, it's not true.
1 Never got a manual.
The buzz goes away when I drop the watts to 45 or increase them to 55.

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, the manual that comes with this mod is like it was written by athird grader that could barely speak english, i will post picks of it tomorrow because im out tonight. I would say the manual is my biggest complaint about the mod so far.

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, the manual that comes with this mod is like it was written by athird grader that could barely speak english, i will post picks of it tomorrow because im out tonight. I would say the manual is my biggest complaint about the mod so far.

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it took so damn long Fly i've been swamped working

but here's a HEADS UP! Week 3 into 4 and we're down and out!

Tested multiple RDA's and i'm experiencing the EXACT same issues.
(D.Horse x 2 / LittleBoy/Patriot and my Doge v3_) all are jumping.

I was unable to fire anything lower the .4 for a long time, after a week we got down to .33 then came the real fun.

My standard .43 or .5 build reads @ .6 then 1.7, 1.8, 2.6, 3.6, 2.1,

Tonight I'm heading home to play with the Center pin, I'm itching to believe this is the same issue that caused the mass recall on the v1 sigelie boxes... (definitely the SAME designer...). When I dug around the net other sigeleis and IPV's had issue similar to this, many resolved with center pin adjustments and/or readjusting the actual wires inside post. My coil work is damn good. - damn good. So i know it's not my build. Spoke with a guy who builds a hefty amount of boxes and he said he's 99.% certain either it's a center pin issue or a flat out bad board.

It's a short, im dragging out 3-4 volts a pull! the F******************! - ripped my efest out of that puppy as fast as i could.

- I had all the basic warning signs, - sporadic dry hits - odd heatups and suddenly hot ass RDA's.

I'm gonna contract luxyoun tomorrow and let you guys know the results. I'm definitely going to cover everything.

right now I advised others heed caution. I steered away from Sig 150 for this exact problem only to have it happen to me anyways. I'm over SX1200/1500/350 rigged boxes. And from my understanding the clone boards are 99.9% fail rate. Wish i had more experience with chipsets and box's in general. It's just me and my paragon until I fix my or buy a new box

the only plus to the box mod is that it's unmatched at firing everything when it was fully functional with no issues. What potential.....what waste

today - i join you nic - incomes the fury

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well first test in sturdiness happened tonight! I was climbing out of my truck and had the smaug 150 in my pocket of my sweater and it fell from about waist high from my pocket somehow, bounced off the seat and onto the concrete!!! i ABOUT HAD A COW...But alas only a few minor scuffs on the top edge by the billow WHEW! I am so happy my rda did not crack! Still fires fine! Is it luck, maybe but it withstood this test! I am very careful with my belongings and have cases and holsters for my mods. But even when you have that stuff accidents still occur and i am grateful that my smaug is still working fine! Tragedy averted!

Soupnazi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are center pin issues usually. If you don't want to replace the adjustable pin, remove it and put deoxit on it. Seen it a hundred times. Deoxit is a little pricey.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well first test in sturdiness happened tonight! I was climbing out of my truck and had the smaug 150 in my pocket of my sweater and it fell from about waist high from my pocket somehow, bounced off the seat and onto the concrete!!! i ABOUT HAD A COW...But alas only a few minor scuffs on the top edge by the billow WHEW! I am so happy my rda did not crack! Still fires fine! Is it luck, maybe but it withstood this test! I am very careful with my belongings and have cases and holsters for my mods. But even when you have that stuff accidents still occur and i am grateful that my smaug is still working fine! Tragedy averted!
Yeah but it is still a finger magnet and all. Call Luxyoun and give them a piece of your mind, it was obviously made wrong since it slipped out of your pocket.

Flynic3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it took so damn long Fly i've been swamped working

but here's a HEADS UP! Week 3 into 4 and we're down and out!

Tested multiple RDA's and i'm experiencing the EXACT same issues.
(D.Horse x 2 / LittleBoy/Patriot and my Doge v3_) all are jumping.

I was unable to fire anything lower the .4 for a long time, after a week we got down to .33 then came the real fun.

My standard .43 or .5 build reads @ .6 then 1.7, 1.8, 2.6, 3.6, 2.1,

Tonight I'm heading home to play with the Center pin, I'm itching to believe this is the same issue that caused the mass recall on the v1 sigelie boxes... (definitely the SAME designer...). When I dug around the net other sigeleis and IPV's had issue similar to this, many resolved with center pin adjustments and/or readjusting the actual wires inside post. My coil work is damn good. - damn good. So i know it's not my build. Spoke with a guy who builds a hefty amount of boxes and he said he's 99.% certain either it's a center pin issue or a flat out bad board.

It's a short, im dragging out 3-4 volts a pull! the F******************! - ripped my efest out of that puppy as fast as i could.

- I had all the basic warning signs, - sporadic dry hits - odd heatups and suddenly hot ass RDA's.

I'm gonna contract luxyoun tomorrow and let you guys know the results. I'm definitely going to cover everything.

right now I advised others heed caution. I steered away from Sig 150 for this exact problem only to have it happen to me anyways. I'm over SX1200/1500/350 rigged boxes. And from my understanding the clone boards are 99.9% fail rate. Wish i had more experience with chipsets and box's in general. It's just me and my paragon until I fix my or buy a new box

the only plus to the box mod is that it's unmatched at firing everything when it was fully functional with no issues. What potential.....what waste

today - i join you nic - incomes the fury

I am extremely sorry to hear this brotha and I hope you paid via PayPal! I would file a dispute ASAP if so! I am working on that myself and by the responses Luxyoun is giving to PayPal is almost laughable! They are basically saying it is all user error and they do not know what is going on!
Freemind I sent you a message... I am not sure what the issue is then with your box if it goes away below 45watts... I know the buzzing is supposed to be there as I explained but it doesnt make since if it goes away below that 45watt mark. I think if we all work together against Luxyoun we can get this resolved! They act like they have never had any issue's and with speaking with numerous people online this is not the case! Again this is why I will no longer sell or deal with Luxyoun! I am glad I never sent them that large amount of money! I honestly think it could have ruined my business completely!

@Soupnazi I have swapped out the center pin on mine and still had the same issue's! This was one of the first thing's that I tried...

Good luck brotha!

Cheers!

Nic

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wouldn't have to pull out the batteries if you got a 1A wall adapter to USB that is what I am talking about. Use that to charge it via the micro-usb port.

Use a Samsung Galaxy S4 or newer charger and its 2A and a 4 hour charge from 40%, thats with either mxjo or efest 2600Mah 35A batts

I have a smaug and its perfectly fine .... when changing atty's you need to remove one .....fire the button to reset the chip and put on a new atty and it all works.

all i run is 0.3-05, hell i even build a 1.3 and a 1.8 just playing around and it works great all the time, 100% of the time, of course mine is authentic, not b-stock or a clone.

Know what you are buying, if it's way under priced from others then you should have an idea of what it is or what it won't be.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FreeMind the Smaug will allow you to place the batteries in Series or Parallel! You will see what I am talking about when you open up the box it will show you which direction to place the second 18650 to make it in parallel or in series. ;-) I hope this helps...

I know this may be a little late to reply to this but I just tried that series or parallel and it did not work it burnt the connection between the bottom 2 pieces and even had a little bit of fire to it until I yanked the battery out... now for a question does the box not have reverse battery protection cuz I thought so and if it does it did not work.. on the bright side I was able to solder a tiny piece of copper to make the connection and it still works suprisingly... I still prefer my sigelei 150 tho

VU Sponsors