Become a Patron!

Audiobooks

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I did a search for audiobooks here...not many found

Who hear listens to audiobooks?

I listen to them on my commute to work...all 45min one way of it

I have "read" many books...it does take a bit getting used to...but I can remember the books...and if I use my imagination I can imagine the scenes being described (a throwback from my old D&D days [and TMNT and other strangeness as a GM])

Not sure I can share my personally hosted audiobookshelf here (MOD please respond) and not sure my personal internet bandwidth can handle it..but if it's allowed, hit me up in PM for the address

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love audiobooks, I can get more things done while listening. I've always been an avid reader, still like to sit and relax with my Kindle, but chores need to be done. What are your favorites to listen to?

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My favorite by far was the Black Ocean: Galaxy Outlaws series by J.S. Morin

So far I have like 400+ series on my personal server...been going thru them as fast as I can...my commute to work is only 45 min one way...so a decent audiobook takes a few days of listening to get me thru a book.

Never did hear from a moderator if I can share the link or not...

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not sure I can share my personally hosted audiobookshelf here (MOD please respond) and not sure my personal internet bandwidth can handle it..but if it's allowed, hit me up in PM for the address
Just go ahead and post a link. If mods don't like it they will edit your post and delete the link ;)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just go ahead and post a link. If mods don't like it they will edit your post and delete the link ;)
Because the forum is out in the open and google can find it easily, it's probably not a good idea to put the link out in the open forum. It could kill his bandwidth and other bad things could happen.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Well I mean, if they aren't public domain then you're pirating by sharing those links so that others can download, so I'd be surprised if it's allowed here, since the server this site is hosted on can have the plug pulled on the site (but likely a warning first). If it were that easy there would be no such things as audiobooks.

I got a hard drive full lol

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't allow download...only listening

But I pick up what you are putting down

I guess if anyone wants a peek just to poke around PM me for the generic guest login

VU Sponsors