Become a Patron!

Atlantis .5 ohm organic cotton coil/wick

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was wondering if anybody has tried these newer cotton coils from Aspire for their Atlantis, and if so how do you like them...
Because of the concerns about the stock ceramic fibre coil head being questionable I ordered a 5 pack of the cotton replacement Atlantis coils from
Kidney Puncher last night...figure they got to be safer and may vape better than what I've got now..but they won't be here till later this week..can't wait to try them out against the stock coil...
Also I've ordered the newer yet Arctic Sub Tank that also uses s cotton wick
and a dual coil at .2 ohms...supposed to make the Atlantis like vaping a kid's toy..I will see for myself soon! Lol

sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was wondering if anybody has tried these newer cotton coils from Aspire for their Atlantis, and if so how do you like them...
Because of the concerns about the stock ceramic fibre coil head being questionable I ordered a 5 pack of the cotton replacement Atlantis coils from
Kidney Puncher last night...figure they got to be safer and may vape better than what I've got now..but they won't be here till later this week..can't wait to try them out against the stock coil...
Also I've ordered the newer yet Arctic Sub Tank that also uses s cotton wick
and a dual coil at .2 ohms...supposed to make the Atlantis like vaping a kid's toy..I will see for myself soon! Lol

Update
Well I got my cotton Atlantis coils in the mail today along with my Arctic Subtank..too separate orders that happened to get here at the same time..
Indeed the cotton Atlantis coil is an improvement over the questionable stock heads but the Arctic Tank absolutely kills it..
The .2 ohm cotton wick in the Arctic has long juice inlets making for huge clouds and flavor vaping it at 60w..the Arctic vastly outperforms the Atlantis so much its amazing..so good in fact I thing I'm done dripping as this tank produces the same clouds and flavor for me without the constant re-dripping I do on my RDA's... This tank is a winner, least it is so far with me till something even better comes along...BTW, I have the Kanger Subtank too but its sorta like vaping a kid's toy for me compared to the Arctic..lol

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Update
Well I got my cotton Atlantis coils in the mail today along with my Arctic Subtank..too separate orders that happened to get here at the same time..
Indeed the cotton Atlantis coil is an improvement over the questionable stock heads but the Arctic Tank absolutely kills it..
The .2 ohm cotton wick in the Arctic has long juice inlets making for huge clouds and flavor vaping it at 60w..the Arctic vastly outperforms the Atlantis so much its amazing..so good in fact I thing I'm done dripping as this tank produces the same clouds and flavor for me without the constant re-dripping I do on my RDA's... This tank is a winner, least it is so far with me till something even better comes along...BTW, I have the Kanger Subtank too but its sorta like vaping a kid's toy for me compared to the Arctic..lol

maybe you can make a detailed new post on that one, @smacksy
and give more detail on the coils etc used and to be rebuilt, maybe?? :)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi smoky
Unfortunately the attic coil can't be rebuilt.. But I think it will last at least a month before needing replaced...I will try to post a few picks under the arctic tank topic...

Last edited:

Scooby

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Update

Does it get hot when/if you chain vape? I don't mean warm I mean like hot like my Atlantis gets. Haven't used the Atlantis in about a month anyway just curious because maybe I'll pick up an arctic

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does it get hot when/if you chain vape? I don't mean warm I mean like hot like my Atlantis gets. Haven't used the Atlantis in about a month anyway just curious because maybe I'll pick up an arctic
Depends on how high the wattage is..the coil is rated for up to 100w but I vape it at about 60w ..it does get a little warm after 4 or 5 hits in a chain...but man, with 5mgs of nic I break out in a sweat! Lol

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Overall, do you have a verdict on the Actual Atlantis OCC coil. I put my Atlantis on the shelf while Aspire sorted out their mess. On a Lemo now. I see your coils came in and was wondering how you actually felt about the coil performance now.. flavor, vapor, l ongevity etc..

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Overall, do you have a verdict on the Actual Atlantis OCC coil. I put my Atlantis on the shelf while Aspire sorted out their mess. On a Lemo now. I see your coils came in and was wondering how you actually felt about the coil performance now.. flavor, vapor, l ongevity etc..
Hi
Well they are an improvement.. That said these new cotton coils produce better flavor, bigger clouds, and I can vape at higher wattages without fear of a dry hit....38-42w seems to be best for me with 100% VG....so far I've vaped about 25ml of juice on one coil and still hits as good as the day I installed it...I think these new cotton coils are great..

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Thats great to know. Just put my order in for a pack of them from KP. I do love the Atlantis but my biggest gripe has been lack of flavor and then of course the suspect materials in the coil. If this works out then there wont be a need to get the sub tank unless my out of control vape habits make me do it hahahah

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats great to know. Just put my order in for a pack of them from KP. I do love the Atlantis but my biggest gripe has been lack of flavor and then of course the suspect materials in the coil. If this works out then there wont be a need to get the sub tank unless my out of control vape habits make me do it hahahah
Just be sure after you fill the tank to let it sit 5 min or so before taking your first hit..cotton might burn if it's not wet first...I started off at 30w and bumped it up gradually to find my sweet spot..I think you're gonna like these new cotton coils too..

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Thanks Smacksy. I usually let my coil sit 30 mins or so before touching off the fire button. That Is After Taking Some Pulls On It To Help The Priming. They certainly sound promising

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Smacksy. I usually let my coil sit 30 mins or so before touching off the fire button. That Is After Taking Some Pulls On It To Help The Priming. They certainly sound promising
Let us know how you like them..

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just saw this on Kidney Punchers site

"NO RETURNS ! PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING !

Yes, these are Genuine Aspire coils.

Yes, they have Cotton wick. If you take one apart and torch it, it will burn up just like it should.

Yes, the packaging looks exactly the same as the old coils EXCEPT for our label / barcode.

We have heard that, for whatever reason, some Aspire representatives (these must be Aspire USA reps since China is on their long New Years holiday at the time of this writing 2/19) are denying that they have released the Cotton coils. This could be for a couple of reasons 1) The reps are genuinely unaware that the coils have been released 2) They are butthurt that we got the Cotton coils before they did.

Bottom line: If our word on this is not good enough for you that these are Genuine Aspire and actually Cotton, then don't buy them !"

So one shop in the USA gets the only supply of cotton coils in the world for the Atlantis. and Aspire in the USA don't know that the coils exist or have been released from China ??? Also Aspire in China said no new coils had been released prior to them going on their New year holiday. I will follow what Kidney Puncher said on the last line and wait until Aspire makes an official announcement. Aspire has said all along their coils are ceramic "Cotton" Fiber
If you dry burn the original ceramic cotton fiber coils they will burn up as well.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well if your still unsure about these cotton coils you might get the Artic SubTank from Horizon Tech. I have it and it's got cotton coils ..it ihits great with the .2ohm BTDC coil at 65w...that said I got the Atlantis also with the cotton .5 ohm coils from KP...they produce good clouds and vapor at 45w..I don't have a problem with either.....you guys that worry too much about factory made coils I suggest learn how to build an RDA and use the wick of your choice ....just sayin

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just saw this on Kidney Punchers site

"NO RETURNS ! PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING !

Yes, these are Genuine Aspire coils.

Yes, they have Cotton wick. If you take one apart and torch it, it will burn up just like it should.

Yes, the packaging looks exactly the same as the old coils EXCEPT for our label / barcode.

We have heard that, for whatever reason, some Aspire representatives (these must be Aspire USA reps since China is on their long New Years holiday at the time of this writing 2/19) are denying that they have released the Cotton coils. This could be for a couple of reasons 1) The reps are genuinely unaware that the coils have been released 2) They are butthurt that we got the Cotton coils before they did.

Bottom line: If our word on this is not good enough for you that these are Genuine Aspire and actually Cotton, then don't buy them !"

So one shop in the USA gets the only supply of cotton coils in the world for the Atlantis. and Aspire in the USA don't know that the coils exist or have been released from China ??? Also Aspire in China said no new coils had been released prior to them going on their New year holiday. I will follow what Kidney Puncher said on the last line and wait until Aspire makes an official announcement. Aspire has said all along their coils are ceramic "Cotton" Fiber
If you dry burn the original ceramic cotton fiber coils they will burn up as well.
Phil's Aspire China video shows the new cotton coils being made, and that was video'd some time ago.

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes they sure were being made but I can't believe any shop would have them and Aspire USA not be aware of them. Something is really fishy.
How can one shop in the world be the only place selling them. Something is really really fishy. The Aspire forum in China stated the cotton coils were not released yet and that was the day before the China Holiday started. So maybe Aspire has a spy in the group and KP has something on them. Yea lets go with that. I still like the original coils anyway. They have worked well for me. But when they are gone and when the cotton is available and Aspire says they are available I am sure I will try them. Until then I will continue to enjoy the original aspire atlantis coils and my Kanger Subtanks. Also Melo on the way as well. I am set no matter what. What is really surprising is when I emailed KP to ask about the cotton coils I received no answer. I sent another one and again no answer. So then I sent an email and had a question about a mod they had and lo and behold I get an answer. Something is not adding up.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You could be right... Not saying they are from Aspire or not, just that they are being made.. They could be rebuilding them for all I know. I am done with Aspire anyways.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
50ba69b9b99b7365281dfe3435fc06d9.jpg
Well you guys got me curious so I ran the number on the box of coils from KP on Aspire's website..it does not exist...hmmm....
So took one of those coils apart and looked at the cotton under a low powered microscope and compared it to what my organic cotton I use for dripping...they looked the same..So I put a piece in a pan and hit it with a propane torch...it didn't take long for it to burn up into nothing...
Maybe these coils from KP aren't made by Aspire after all, but I don't really care much...they vape great and are indeed cotton...better than those stock ceramic fibre coils for sure,.... Besides I got a better Subtank now called the Arctic.. It's killer! Lol

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
50ba69b9b99b7365281dfe3435fc06d9.jpg
Well you guys got me curious so I ran the number on the box of coils from KP on Aspire's website..it does not exist...hmmm....
So took one of those coils apart and looked at the cotton under a low powered microscope and compared it to what my organic cotton I use for dripping...they looked the same..So I put a piece in a pan and hit it with a propane torch...it didn't take long for it to burn up into nothing...
Maybe these coils from KP aren't made by Aspire after all, but I don't really care much...they vape great and are indeed cotton...better than those stock ceramic fibre coils for sure,.... Besides I got a better Subtank now called the Arctic.. It's killer! Lol

PUll that KP sticker and see whats underneath.. If its the Aspire Scratch and Check, then check.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PUll that KP sticker and see whats underneath.. If its the Aspire Scratch and Check, then check.
OK..
f3478fe569e5a2a90946a5b8c9624061.jpg

Scratched it off and this number still does not exist...doing this on my phone as I don't have a computer..numbers are correct though...

Last edited:

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
You typed a ) in with your number that's why it didn't show up. I just peeled the barcode off my pack from Kidney Puncher and it checks out on Aspire's website. Kidney Puncher indeed has the real deal. I don't think Kidney Puncher's statement was against actual real Aspire employees but more against the third party vendors that most shops buy through. I took one of my coils apart as well and it's definitely all cotton. I'm pushing an 80 VG juice through it at 60 to 65 watts with good flavor and vape production. Not quite as good as the Arctic with one of it's 0.2 coils, but definitely puts the Atlantis in a solid second place to the Arctic tank and it definitely blows the Kanger Sub Tank and Joyetech Delta 2 away in my opinion.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You typed a ) in with your number that's why it didn't show up. I just peeled the barcode off my pack from Kidney Puncher and it checks out on Aspire's website. Kidney Puncher indeed has the real deal. I don't think Kidney Puncher's statement was against actual real Aspire employees but more against the third party vendors that most shops buy through. I took one of my coils apart as well and it's definitely all cotton. I'm pushing an 80 VG juice through it at 60 to 65 watts with good flavor and vape production. Not quite as good as the Arctic with one of it's 0.2 coils, but definitely puts the Atlantis in a solid second place to the Arctic tank and it definitely blows the Kanger Sub Tank and Joyetech Delta 2 away in my opinion.
Thx big Daddy!
I've got to get a laptop or a bigger phone as numbers are hard to enter accurately sometimes...glad to know they are indeed authentic

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool! At least they are real coils... Now, are they real from Aspire Cotton coils?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I got my order from KP as well the last couple of days. These are def not the standard coils we were getting. My experience shows that it took longer to get the cotton taste out. With the old coils, it took about a hour to fully taste the juice. With these new coils, it was several hours for the cotton taste to completely diminish. The cloud production is huge with these coils. In terms of flavor, there is a noticeable improvement in flavor from the original coils but I am not ready to say that they are the cure all. I would say that the flavor went from a 3.0 to now a 7.5, not bad. I put the coil in Monday and as of now (Thursday) and approx 50 ml later, the initial coil is still going strong with no sighs of it fouling. I have been using combination of fruits and custards so I am impressed with that aspect. The original coils would foul relatively quickly when vaping custards and high VG. These just keep chucking. In case you were wondering, I would give these a thumbs up. Certainly an big improvement over the original stock coils. Have fun fellow vapers

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I decided to contact Aspire again and ask them if any cotton Atlantis coils had been released and they said they were working on cotton coils but had not been released. They said if there was any sellers selling these then they were fakes. So maybe another china company is already cloning the cotton coils. Aspire does not mfg the parts. They purchase the parts and then put everything together. (Watch P Busardo's video on his visit to Aspire) So the coils may be getting cloned and that is what KP is selling. According to Aspire they are not their coils. They said check their website for any updates on when their coils will be released. No mention of cotton coils on their website.

BzztYeow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
vspotvapes has the new cotton coils- 5 pack for 16.99. I have ordered the standard coils from them, and they verify ok- going to give the OCC coils a go today.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
So I decided to contact Aspire again and ask them if any cotton Atlantis coils had been released and they said they were working on cotton coils but had not been released. They said if there was any sellers selling these then they were fakes. So maybe another china company is already cloning the cotton coils. Aspire does not mfg the parts. They purchase the parts and then put everything together. (Watch P Busardo's video on his visit to Aspire) So the coils may be getting cloned and that is what KP is selling. According to Aspire they are not their coils. They said check their website for any updates on when their coils will be released. No mention of cotton coils on their website.

I cant say for sure if the coils from KP were authentic Aspire coils but I can say this. They were packed in the same Aspire Atlantis coil packaging and the code did check out on their site so IDK. These are def cotton coils, the flavor is great and the clouds are huge. If someone did clone them, then they did a great job at it. I will make sure to purchase the Aspire coils once an official statement comes out that they have been released. Will be interesting to compare them to see if there is any difference.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Just ordered my first Atlantis, anyone know which coils come by default? Found a pretty good deal w/ free shipping compared to $40 at my local b&m

http://vapecity15.storenvy.com/products/12354783-aspire-atlantis-free-shipping
I am not sure but if there is an Atlantis in stock it most likely has the original coils in them. I bought a Kanger subtank to use since I was not sure about the Aspire suspect coils. Once I put the cotton coils in, I actually like my Atlantis above anything else I have. Just my opinion and preference what what it may be worth. Enjoy

BzztYeow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
New cotton coils on left, old style on right- both codes check out. - from vspotvapes.com.

Packaging is identical except for codes and foil backing.

These do appear to have a longer break in period- about half way through my first tank the flavor is starting to pop. I'll post any further thoughts as I use it. If one lasts more than a week, I'll be very pleased !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
@BzztYeow I experienced the same with my cotton coils. The break in period is def longer.. However the taste I found is Fantastic once you get past that initial break in period. Now for the big question, longevity.. I have been vaping mine pretty hard over the past week and I am still on the first coil. I would not be exaggerating if I said that I have put through over 80 ML on this single coil and it is still going strong.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Jesus, looks like these things aren't going to be easy to get ahold of for a little while. OOS at KP and vspot.

I'm SO glad Aspire did this though. Literally the only thing keeping that tank on the back burner for me. Very much looking forward to getting it back into heavy rotation. With better flavor.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I have purchased many other tanks (Lemo, Kanger etc) while I waited to see if Aspire can regain my enthusiasm with the new cotton coils. As stated above, these coils are great. I have however found one thing about these that I am not a fan off. I have the Atlantis tank extender to 8ml (
Kraigen). This is a great mod to the Atlantis, however in order to fill it (top fill), you have to remove the two screws on top AND shut off the air control fully or you risk flooding the coil. Well no matter what I do to fill this the proper way, every cotton coil I use ends up flooding. The original stock coils do not. I am not sure if they do not have sufficient cotton in these to be used in this tank setup (the regular Atlantis tanks2 ml and 5 ml are fine) but I thought it was worth mentioning to those who have the Kraigen and are going to the cotton coils. For now, I take the tank off and hold it together tightly with my hand when filling from the bottom. It is a real PITA but it works. This I believe is the tank problem and not the coil design since there is not a lot of room to relive the escaping air when filling a system that is virtually designed to be under vacuum. Thanks for reading

VU Sponsors