Become a Patron!

Aspire V2 .3 coil burnup

I'm running an aspire V2 with a .3ohm coil on a sigelei 75W box.

Recently my coils have been lasting about a week when normally I can get closer to a month out of them..I run through a 30ml in like a week which I don't think is too crazy..I usually run it at 58 or so Watts and I don't let it overheat so I was wondering if anyone else has this problem with the aspire v2? Is it the juice I'm using?

...and no I don't let the juice run too low before I refill so that's not it..any ideas?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is it burning up or burning out. As in are you getting a burnt taste or is it just degrading? For me the .3Ω's at 50-60w it's just not enough power, I have to take deep hits to get enough out of it to be enjoyable, this means holding the button down for a while. With that as coils start to fade I find I can up the wattage and give them extra life. If they are simply fading and not getting a burnt taste I'd say try upping the wattage a bit and see if that helps? If they're burning up I wonder if you're doing what I did in having to apply the heat for longer periods and if that would adversely affect the lifespan? For me the .3Ω's probably last 50-60ml or 3 weeks depending on which comes first. While you may not use it simply leaving juice in the tank will degrade the cotton over time, so I find 3 weeks to be the cap for me, but I imagine I could extend the life if I made sure to finish off the tank before setting it aside to sit for a day or so. When I was vaping my Atlantis solely though they lasted me about a week which was 50-60ml at the time.

I run my .3Ω's on 70-85w, and I'd say it's a pretty average lifespan for a wick from my experience. A particularly good coil would last me 1.5 weeks and close to 100ml, but typically I'd be switching them out every week. I will say I preferred the .5Ω and they'd typically last me an extra couple days running at ~50w.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To me it seems like lately a lot of coils have been hit or miss. That's why I finally sat myself down and learned how to build my own. Tons of coils are being pumped out the factories to feed the rapidly growing demand and quality control suffers as a result. Doing it yourself gives more quality control and customization that any factory will. It also saves you a lot of money.

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
Which 0.3 aspire coil are you using? The reason I ask is there are now two 0.3. One's a stainless steel (black seal) and the other is kanthal (white seal.) The stainless coil is only good up to 55 watts.

VU Sponsors