Become a Patron!

aspire Plato

Spyroklown

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got an aspire Plato kit yesterday, I changed the coil from the 1.8 that came in it to the .4 coil that came with the kit. I screwed it in all the way to slightly below flush to make sure it was air tight. Also I run it at about 35.0 watts, however I keep getting lots of juice spitting in my mouth. I have tried to clean out any excess with a que tip and turning it upside down on a paper towel. Both attempts make it slightly better but it is always there. Any other tips to fix this would be great as I am still Fairly new to this.

Edit:also to add the juice I'm using is legend cactus breeze 3mg with vg/pg ratio of 70/30

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Double check all o-rings are in place and not torn/broken. If that's all good, then it sounds like oversaturated cotton in your coil. What you did is right, but try this. First, take a paper towel and loosely(you don't want to block the air just catch the juice) wrap it around the airflow holes and if you can manage down to the drip tip, leave one of the airflow holes open. Fire the mod and blow into the open airflow hole while the whole thing is upside down (to get anything dripping down below). This should leave a nice juicy mess on the paper towel where the airflow is covered. This should clear it out better than the que tip and paper towel. But, you'll want to qtip down the drip tip again to clear any lingering juice there.

That should clean it up. Then you have to address why it's happening. Juice will eventually do this if you leave a rig set up for say a couple days without use. Also it'll happen with bad o-rings, or with bad cotton(or whatever wicking material). One other thing is perhaps try upping the wattage a little bit that can help if you're getting some gurgling when you do vape it.

All the general troubleshooting stuff I know.

Spyroklown

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I checked o-rings and did ur tip and it helped a good bit but it's still happening and I can't figure it out :(

Redscaddy22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I heard the plato and egrip 2, the mods where the coil is at the top. (Top feeding). And like the coil is part of the chimney, are prone to spit back. Just part of it. Kinda sucks. Sorry for the no help, pess/ah/miss/tick post

Redscaddy22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe do research to find a drip tip that has the swivel affect, or has a spit back guard on it. Good luck

Vmember

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I heard the plato and egrip 2, the mods where the coil is at the top. (Top feeding). And like the coil is part of the chimney, are prone to spit back. Just part of it. Kinda sucks. Sorry for the no help, pess/ah/miss/tick post

I've got 3 Platos and I don't have this problem at all. I use the Aspire Triton mini 1.2 ohm coils and they just work perfectly and for a very long time. I'm going 8 weeks on my first coil. I just wish they'd make us an RBA.

Spyroklown

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've got 3 Platos and I don't have this problem at all. I use the Aspire Triton mini 1.2 ohm coils and they just work perfectly and for a very long time. I'm going 8 weeks on my first coil. I just wish they'd make us an RBA.

Well I prefer the sub ohm coils ..after reading redscaddy's reply I did some research and other ppl have had the same problem

Vmember

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I prefer the sub ohm coils ..after reading redscaddy's reply I did some research and other ppl have had the same problem

Yes, I believe the poster above. Anyone can have legitimate problems with a new Mod. I'm just glad my 3 are working so beautifully. Aspire did something right with this one!

Spyroklown

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, I believe the poster above. Anyone can have legitimate problems with a new Mod. I'm just glad my 3 are working so beautifully. Aspire did something right with this one!
Haveu tried out the .4 coil? That may be the reason why u don't have that problem is that u use the 1.8 coil instead..I haven't tried it out so I wouldn't know

Vmember

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haveu tried out the .4 coil? That may be the reason why u don't have that problem is that u use the 1.8 coil instead..I haven't tried it out so I wouldn't know

I said (above) that I use the "Aspire Triton Mini 1.2 ohm coils" (not the 1.8 ohm). The 0.4 ohm coil worked fine but I like the 1.2 ohm better.

Redscaddy22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True. Maybe cause your not vaping super sub ohm. But I'm sure not every device does this. Just some i heard about have spit back issue.
I agree on rba. I love the rba for my nebox. It's all i use. Twisted 26g ss316L. Like 5 wraps. Around .3 , .4. Great vape.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I've heard that this RBA works well in the Plato, although I do not own one and have not tried it, so YMMV!
http://www.vvtf.com/vvtf-nautilus-rba-deck/

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Edit: found ebay. On FB they claim the V2 does not work with the plato.

Last edited:

Vmember

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Per the manufacturer this is their sale listing.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/VVTF-KABUKI-...2-REBUILDABLE-COILS-HEADS-ATTY-/152127261989?

I refer you back to my original post, I do not have one of these to try. All I can say is that it was recommended to me by another vaper that claims it works and works well.

Thanks for that page. Under 'Main Features' it says....

Material: stainless steel, fluoro & silicone rubber, pa66.
Compatibility: kabuki tank, aspire nautilus 5ml & nautilus mini 2ml. (Not fit plato and tritonmini.)

Does that mean it doesn't fit in the Plato? Seems to.

-----

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I only have one recommendation for it, so if it were me, I would tread lightly on what to believe. For $10, I might be willing to risk it if I *really* wanted an rba for the Plato. From a little bit of research it appears that the V1 variant worked, but had issues, so the V2 redesign may have killed all compatibility.

Vmember

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I only have one recommendation for it, so if it were me, I would tread lightly on what to believe. For $10, I might be willing to risk it if I *really* wanted an rba for the Plato. From a little bit of research it appears that the V1 variant worked, but had issues, so the V2 redesign may have killed all compatibility.

"....the V2 redesign may have killed all compatibility."

Or fixed the issues? Well...I think I'll hold off for a bit. That "Not fit Plato..." bothers me. I appreciate your help!

Vmember

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I guess that's all we need to know. Thanks!

So Aspire...get busy please...we really want an RBA for the Plato! :)

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess that's all we need to know. Thanks!

So Aspire...get busy please...we really want an RBA for the Plato! :)
People use to rebuild the aspire coils back in the day. A ton of you tube tutorials related to rebuilding.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
He is referencing the Nautilus coils, they have been around a long time. I don't know how easy it will be to rebuild the .4 ohm coils ... they are a completely new design, although I have not looked to see if it has been done yet or not.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm having to replace one coil right now. It lasted 20 days. I probably need to clean it. I'm going to pop in a triton mini clapton in.

On rebuilding/micro/dual coils on the Nautilus/triton mini I was referring to the MTL (mouth to lung) coils. I have no idea on the sub ohm version. I don't Sub ohm/cloud chase.

I have the Aspire Nautilus and Plato. I've been rebuilding my own 1.8 ohm coils for ages and prefer my rebuilds to the originals. I drilled a larger hole through 2 of the 4 liquid feed holes in the side, fit a horizontal coil and feed cotton through the larger holes and through center of the coil which also locks the coil in place. After the larger hole mod more often than not I only have to change the cotton by pulling it out with tweezers, burning the coil to clean it then replace cotton. I use 26 gauge and 6 turns. Seems to be about 1.5 ohm that way. Tons of vapour. :)

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the Aspire Nautilus and Plato. I've been rebuilding my own 1.8 ohm coils for ages and prefer my rebuilds to the originals. I drilled a larger hole through 2 of the 4 liquid feed holes in the side, fit a horizontal coil and feed cotton through the larger holes and through center of the coil which also locks the coil in place. After the larger hole mod more often than not I only have to change the cotton by pulling it out with tweezers, burning the coil to clean it then replace cotton. I use 26 gauge and 6 turns. Seems to be about 1.5 ohm that way. Tons of vapour. :)
Please do a video! YouTube it and become famous! LoL...sounds like a good solution.. or maybe post a couple of pics for us here? Please..The lack of RBA is holding me back from getting this device and looking at others that do have one..

I just got an aspire Plato kit yesterday, I changed the coil from the 1.8 that came in it to the .4 coil that came with the kit. I screwed it in all the way to slightly below flush to make sure it was air tight. Also I run it at about 35.0 watts, however I keep getting lots of juice spitting in my mouth. I have tried to clean out any excess with a que tip and turning it upside down on a paper towel. Both attempts make it slightly better but it is always there. Any other tips to fix this would be great as I am still Fairly new to this.

Edit:also to add the juice I'm using is legend cactus breeze 3mg with vg/pg ratio of 70/30
I have had issues with spit backs and leaks at different times. The most common cause is the coil gets flooded. The simplest fix is, once the fluid level is at least half way down the wicking holes, open the top fill cap, put a finger over the drip tip and then blow in from the airflow holes.
The best way to prevent flooding is, use a unicorn tip squeeze bottle to fill the Plato, don't fill above the top of the glass.

VU Sponsors