Become a Patron!

aspire nautilus bvc rebuild

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone rebuilt them yet? I gave it a try and was not really to hard. 1st attempt I wrapped Japanese cotton around it and was to thick and blocked the hole and flooded. Second attempt I did 28 gauge 8 wrap, wet some cotton with juice and wrapped around the coil not to thick and with a tooth pick placed through the coil and cotton wrapped around it I slipped it down the chamber, put it together and fired up at 1.4, no flooding and flavor was just as good as a new pre-made coil. it's that cotton pad there using around coil that's turning black after a few weeks that causing the need to change to new coil . Anyhow, you guys have any thoughts on that, I did not find it had to be to packed, key was to not have the hole down center of coil blocked

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you tried a rinse of the coil to clean it?
and Way to go rebuilding it.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did try soaking some coils and rinsing them and after it dried a few days still tasted not so good. Once you take one apart you will see that cotton pad they use was completely black ...so makes sense why the cleaning was not so successful . Anyhow,,using a toothpick in place as you lower in chamber kept the center clear and the draw is not tight. Seems to be working good, going to try a few more when I get a chance

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I get that with mom's pt coils.. they hit a certain point and a cleaning rewick is not going to do any good.
She gets about a week to two out of a parallel set up I do for her.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
RipTrippers has a rebuild video for it

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can get a few weeks out of a BVC if you put them into boiling water when changing flavors , they last a long time compared to the BDC coils.

VU Sponsors