Become a Patron!

Aspire coils - Nautilus and Triton mini

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
So, I've been searching for a while, trying to find this information. I have found a few places that say they do fit, but I wanted to see them in person. It seems no one around me has them. Others I have spoke with were wondering the same thing? Do the Triton mini coils fit the Nautilus mini?

Yes, they do. They also do fit in the in the Nautilus full size. That opens up a whole new world too! I ordered the 1.2 ohm kanthal and the 1.8 ohm Clapton. I have thus far only used the 1.2 ohm. I will add to this as time goes when I try the other out.

So far, the 1.2 ohm has been the best coil in the Nautilus tanks IMO. I use both the full size and mini tank, but lately I have found myself using the full size almost exclusively. I usually vape a 1.6 ohm coil at 12-14 watts. The 1.8 ohm coils are just not any good to me. I was never able to get a good flavor or find a good wattage to run them at. I get 3-5 days out of them when I was getting up to two weeks with the 1.6 ohm coils. Two weeks didn't happen very often, but a couple of times, so I am just letting that be known.

I started out where I was Vaping at with the 1.6 ohm coils, but have slowly increased that. My current settings with the 1.2 ohm coil is 24 watts! Using the 1.4mm hole on the Nautilus and sitting on an IPV D2. The flavor is crazy good! I am totally surprised at where it is along with the amount of vape it produces. I chain vape all day, go through 2 or 3 tanks a day on the full size Nautilus (I do not run it completely empty, close though), and I'm on day 4 at this time. The vape is not hot, maybe body temp? And the tank itself is not too warm, but the IPV D2 sure is! Not to hot to handle, but noticeably warmer than it was with the other coils.

If I can get a week out of each coil, I will be happy. More to come!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
Update.

I made a rookie mistake. Everything was going great until I filled my tank with cold juice. I took the bottle out of my cooler, filled the tank, and failed to turn down the power. I got a super bad burned hit and could not save it. Well...Dang!

Next up: the 1.8 ohm Clapton!

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just bought 3 more packs (aspire triton mni clapton coils) at vaporbeast. They are running a sale for 16% off and free shipping over 35. You'll need coupon code.

Update: coupon code is madness good until April 4th. I'm not trying to pimp these guys but it turns out cheaper in the long run if you order 3 packs of coils.

Last edited:

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
Update.

I ended up getting 5 days out of the 1.2 ohm coil, and probably would still be going had I not screwed up putting cold ejuice in the tank...

Now on to the 1.8 Clapton coil. So far, day one, and I have to say it is really good. I'm not sure which is my favorite. I get as much flavor, and maybe just a little bit more with the 1.8 ohm clapton over the 1.2 ohm kanthal. I am only at 17 or 18 watts with the 1.8 vs the 1.2 at 20 to 24 watts, but I did switch to the 1.8 mm air hole on the base of the Nautilus. That is almost too much, but the 1.4 mm seems to be just a tad too small. Time will tell.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm averaging about two weeks using a clapton coil. I make my own eliquid and tobacco flavors don't gunk the coils. I have my vape set at 20.5 usually with the widest air hole open.​

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
If I get two weeks from this coil, it will be by far my favorite coil. The flavor seems to be getting better and better as I use it.

This is day two and I can chain vape it like crazy! I have not tried going above 18 watts much, I don't really feel the need too. I mean, I have hit it a couple of times at 20 or 22 watts, but that's only right after I refill the tank and some ejuice dripped into the tube so I was just clearing out the flood.

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
Something I did not mention in my original post.

I make my own ejuice and my favorite flavors are sweet: creams, custards, and fruity blends. In the Nautilus, I run 50/50 PG/VG blends. I use the Ejuice Calculator (the one with the penguin), save all of my recipes, and measure meticulously. If I make any changes to a flavor, it gets saved as "step 2" or 3, whichever step I'm on.

Currently I'm running a Bavarian sweet cream vanilla cupcake. Another two favorites of mine are a creamy pineapple and a pina colada. So, with that said, and by now I know, the sweet and dark blends gunk up coils. With these two coils (both the 1.2 kanthal and 1.8 clapton), it doesn't seem to be near as bad, but then I haven't tore any of the coils down to confirm that. What I was judging is how as time goes with the original 1.8 ohm kanthal/1.6 ohm kanthal the draw gets tighter and richer. Not so far with either of these.

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
Artemis

I hope so. I definitely liked the 1.2 ohm and I really jacked around with different wattages just to see what I could get away with on it. I don't know if anything else is different on these bs the original 1.6 ohm and 1.8 ohm coils, but these 1.2 ohm and 1.8 ohm clapton coils seam much better.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hope they sell these coils for a long time. I have one nautilus that is 3 years old. I'm thinking about picking up a few more now. I gave a few away thinking about the latest and greatest tanks. I did buy the triton mini tank and I'm not really pleased with it. It might be because of it's small size. I'll save it for a back up.

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
I hope so too. The Nautilus is the tank I recommend for starters, along with the Kangertech Subtank Nano, although less on the Nano. The Nautilus is IMO the best starter and these coils REALLY push it over the top. I use the standard Kangertech Subtank with the RTA for flavor, but these new coils in the Nautilus are as good, if not better, for flavor! Off focus for a second....but I think I'm going to build a couple of clapton coils for the Subtank RTA now!

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
Update on the 1.8 ohm clapton.

I only got about 3 days out of it. Switched to the 1.8 ohm on Thursday and by late Saturday it was burnt. It started out slightly better than the 1.2 ohm kanthal, but just didn't last. I had the same issue with the 1.8 ohm clapton as I did with the 1.8 ohm standard Aspire kanthal coil where I just could not find the perfect setting.

Back to the 1.2 ohm for another round. I still have 4 of the 1.8 ohm clapton coils left so I will switch back to them when this 1.2 ohm coil goes out. I know sometimes any coil get be bad out of the package, so I will most likely go through the 1.8 ohm clapton coils back to back until they are gone to see if there is any consistency to them. I began with 5 of each to test (gave one of the 1.2 ohm to a friend to try). After all are done, I should know which one is best (at least for me) and will add my results here.

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
After a few days with the new 1.2 ohm coil, I ran out of my cupcake flavor, and tried to switch to my fruit flavor. That didn't work. Swapped it out for a new 1.8 ohm clapton coil and that only lasted about 4 days. Vape at 15 watts the whole time. I have three left and those are all I'm going to use until they are gone. I'll add the results at the end of those three coils.

Nightowl001: Thank you for sharing your experience with the coils. I have a Natilus and was using the 1.6 coils and was pretty happy so I am hoping the 1.2 will be great. I am also curios if you would share your info for the creamy pineapple or pina colada juice? I have been vaping for a year now and have not been able to find good ones. I currently using Strawberry or Honey Dew or Cucumber.

mbrennan1130

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the aspire nautilus atomizer. Get no flavor from my juice.
I will be trying the triton coils this week.
Do you think that will solve my problem ?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Falconeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm a big fan of the Nautilus mini tank - in fact I have four of them in the UK and a couple out in Spain. Last year for some reason Nautilus Mini coils simply were not be be had in Fuengirola...but the young lady in the Vape shop there told me that the Triton Mini coils fitted Nautilus Minis and worked just fine.

She was right; they did indeed fit and work just fine. I use unflavoured 50/50 16 or 18 strength DIY liquid and on average get about 10 days out of either a Nautilus or Triton Mini coil. I found that intially the Clapton mini coils seemed to offer a real flavour burst but as they broke in I couldn't tell much taste difference from a Nautilus 1.6 or 1.8 ohm coil, but that could be just me as I did smoke a pipe for the best part of 40 years

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
I have the aspire nautilus atomizer. Get no flavor from my juice.
I will be trying the triton coils this week.
Do you think that will solve my problem ?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
It very well could. I have had good flavor from the 1.6 ohm coils. But I get a much better flavor from the 1.2 ohm. I even get slightly better flavor from the 1.8 ohm Clapton coils, but the flavor drops off very quickly and the burn within 4 or 5 days. My favorite is the 1.2 ohm by far.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So, the Nautilus Mini coils would fit the Triton? I thought I bought the Triton but apparently now have 4 Atlantis tanks. I have one box of standard Triton coils. I'm all one for interchangable coil replacements. So, what coils will fit what? I have the Nautilus Mini and the original Nautilus, Atlantis and would like to get a Triton Mini.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nautilus mini coils/triton 2 mini coils wil fit a Triton 2 mini and not the regular full size Triton tank.

DarthVaper101

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It very well could. I have had good flavor from the 1.6 ohm coils. But I get a much better flavor from the 1.2 ohm. I even get slightly better flavor from the 1.8 ohm Clapton coils, but the flavor drops off very quickly and the burn within 4 or 5 days. My favorite is the 1.2 ohm by far.

Quick Question ... I just ordered this pack of 10 Clapton Coils from vaporrange.com

And it simply states on the bottle "Duel Coils Are Equal to .85 Ohms"

So that mean one of these claptons are 1.7 Ohms total!? And I shud set my mod (Alien by Smok) to .85 Ohms if I am using a G-2 Duel Deck ??? Here are some photos of what I ordered... in going to be using the
TF-RTA for these, after I use the prebuild on the deck ... I just don't have an Ohm reader ... #VapingOnABudget ... lol some help ?? ... I got the Claptons , take a look ...

Attachments

• IMG_4985.PNG
    IMG_4985.PNG
    292.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4986.PNG
    IMG_4986.PNG
    201.7 KB · Views: 9

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
The OHM's are set by the actual resistance of the coils installed. There is a setting in the Alien MOD that can be changed for the initial ohm, but do not adjust that unless you know what you are doing and why you would change that. I do not know why that would be adjustable so I do not adjust it. Also, the information you provided is contradictory. The front of the label says dual coils equal .85 ohms and the description says each coil is .85 ohms. Until the coils are installed in the tank and the MOD is reset, you won't really know what the actual ohms are. Am ohm reader would help for sure. They way I check my ohms, because I do not have an ohm reader as well, is to leave the tank off the MOD, turn the MOD on, screw the tank onto the MOD, then hit the fire button. The Alien MOD will ask if this is a new coil. I select yes and it will display the ohms of the coils installed in that particular tank.

FrostyMtl

Member For 4 Years
The 1.8 Ohm Triton mini clapton coils are absolutely incredible in a Kabuki tank.
My DIY ejuice never tasted so good :)
They seem to be getting scarce around here, many places either don't carry them or are out of stock.

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
I love the 1.8 ohm Clapton coils too. I just can't get them to last more than a few days. The 1.2 ohm kanthal coils are so close to as good and they last me so much longer, at least twice as long, they are my go to coils for sure!

VU Sponsors