Become a Patron!

Aspire cleito exo leaks when blowing into it and spits..wth?

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey, i just bought a aspire cleito exo becuz i was having issues with a subox leaking and spitting.
this tank is suppose to be leak proof...and it was great for about 5-6 fill ups..then all of a sudden i started tasting juice..i tried re-sealing everything to make sure it was tight enough..didnt work...When i blow into it after filling, juice comes through the air holes on the sides...and it spits up through the coil into mouth...
i unscrewed it and the coil came up with the mouth piece...i thought it might be the coil not tight enough...nope...i screwed it in tight and still happens...finally after messing with it for 30 mins or so..i finally got it to stop leaking..but thats the 2nd time in a row this problem has come up when re-filling...im worried its defective...any answers?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
hey, i just bought a aspire cleito exo becuz i was having issues with a subox leaking and spitting.
this tank is suppose to be leak proof...and it was great for about 5-6 fill ups..then all of a sudden i started tasting juice..i tried re-sealing everything to make sure it was tight enough..didnt work...When i blow into it after filling, juice comes through the air holes on the sides...and it spits up through the coil into mouth...
i unscrewed it and the coil came up with the mouth piece...i thought it might be the coil not tight enough...nope...i screwed it in tight and still happens...finally after messing with it for 30 mins or so..i finally got it to stop leaking..but thats the 2nd time in a row this problem has come up when re-filling...im worried its defective...any answers?
The only way I see that happening with that particular tank is if your coil is flooding. How old is it? It's possible you have a bad coil.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had the same happen with the Cleito, bought another one and had the same identical leaking issues, asked around and too many folks saw this happening as well, so I moved on to a different tank.

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only way I see that happening with that particular tank is if your coil is flooding. How old is it? It's possible you have a bad coil.

dude, i just got it last week... ive only filled it like 5 times....ive got receipt and everything..im thinking about replacing

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had the same happen with the Cleito, bought another one and had the same identical leaking issues, asked around and too many folks saw this happening as well, so I moved on to a different tank.
just to clarify..thgis is the cleito EXO..not the original cleito glass tank

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just to clarify..thgis is the cleito EXO..not the original cleito glass tank
That one did the same thing
tKyGSYf.jpg
9s9mTBR.jpg

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
dude, i just got it last week... ive only filled it like 5 times....ive got receipt and everything..im thinking about replacing
It's still possible you got a janky coil out of the box. It does happen. It sucks but it happens. I own the Exo and the only time that has happened is when the coil is shot. It's a double barrel chimney so for that to happen the coil has to flood.

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
this sucks man...my girlfriend has the exacxt same one and hasnt had a single problem..I boguht the damn thing becuz its suppose to be "leak proof"..this is bullshit man...now i gotta find receipt..and take the damn thing back..urghhh....not to mention ive wasted a whole tank of e-juice from troubleshooting...

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What wattage are you at? Did you try bumping the wattage up? Might help if you are using thin juice.

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
im on the 0.4 coil...vapeing at 35w... the weird thing is this...its almost like if i tighten it an position the middle piece perfectly..it stops leaking...but it like has to be in 1 position and if its too tight or too loose it spits up...if i mess with it long enough and get it to the right spot...then it seems to work ok...but by the time i find that sweet spot..my full tank is down to around half left....so annoyed

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

No tank is leak proof. No matter what they tell you. If that was true the manufacturer would say 100% guaranteed. They don't. No tank is 100% guaranteed.

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the tips and suggestions everyone...I think my only option at this point is to replace it at the store.
thanks again guys.

eJuices.com

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 3 and all had the same issues. After a bit of trial and error I found the issue was that I wasnt properly seating the coil and wasn't putting it together properly. I was being sloppy but after a few times of tearing it apart and re-assembling I found that I didnt have the o-rings properly seated as well.

truztno1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 3 and all had the same issues. After a bit of trial and error I found the issue was that I wasnt properly seating the coil and wasn't putting it together properly. I was being sloppy but after a few times of tearing it apart and re-assembling I found that I didnt have the o-rings properly seated as well.
I dont know how to position the o-rings, or where they even go. I only know of the one at the base of the tank.. are their more? Ive only been vaping a month, Im still a rookie with this..sorry. Ive had nothing but problems with it. The subox it came with was horrible..leaked everywhere..then i bought a new exo (leakproof) my ass...and its doing this...and yesterday it even started not firing properly...ugh...garbage..gta buy a good, durable mod i think

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My original cleito leaked and spit like fuck but the exo has been less problematic for me personally

I bought my new Cleito EXO from a local shop about 2-3 weeks ago. This thing has leaked from the get go! 1st it leaked at the very base. I cleaned it up and reassembled it which stopped that leak. Then it started spitting, getting worse and worse. Today changed the coil and leaked like a sieve!
I discovered the problem! The wide o-ring is too small. It does not seal, even close to the glass tank!
I really have wasted time and juice on this POS!

VU Sponsors