Aspire Atlantis spitting like crazy!

Sir Fluffy Whiskers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello all!

I recently refilled my aspire atlantis, not the first time I've done this etc... might have been a little tipsy at the time so I may have made a noob error but I can't seem to put my finger on what it was.

Anyhow, I have noticed it spitting a lot. Literally every hit. I'm thinking I may have accidently got some liquid in the chimney but I'm not 100%.

If I have got some in there, how would I get it out? I only got this tank a few days ago I'm still learning the ins about outs of it :(

Tom Allen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got a 3" wide bore drip tip... works like a charm

Sir Fluffy Whiskers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay so I just twisted some toilet roll, took the drip tip off and put the toilet roll down the chimney and soaked up some liquid. I did this several times, until the toilet roll stopped showing any signs of excess liquid. I put the drip tip back on and took a hit. Same problem. Mouth full of liquid and no vapour. I don't know why but I can' use my mod until it's fixed! Please help I'm getting desperate :(

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Process of elimination, try a different head/Coil in it
Yup.
Time to change the coil.
Had the same thing happen to me.
Twice.
Flavor was still pretty good and no noticeable drop in vapor production but it was stinging my lips and tongue with every hit.
Some tanks taste like crud. Some quit making clouds. I guess the Atlantis spits at us when it's time for a change.

I had the same problem with lower VG juices. Seemed to go away with higher watts, think around 32-35 watts did the trick without really reducing flavor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sir Fluffy Whiskers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had only had it around a week or so when it started doing this! :( And it's not even a little spit it's like a pool. There is loads of it.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As with any of the different model heads, they do have some duds, yours may be one of them

Sir Fluffy Whiskers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah crap. Okay I will change the coil later and report back. If I remember correctly the tank comes with a spare.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had only had it around a week or so when it started doing this! :( And it's not even a little spit it's like a pool. There is loads of it.
Yikes.
I get about ten days or so out of the 0.5 ohm heads running at 25 watts.
Shouldn't be 'pooling' that's for sure. Are your o-rings/seals good? The head screwed into the base securely? Loss of vacuum could cause that.
Aside from a bad coil, that's all I can think of...
Let us know if you solve it, ok?

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good luck.
I'm sorry to say it but I get much better Information here than I do from my local B&M.
They are basically a roll-your-own shop that sells gear on the side.
I stopped in the other day and a kid tried to sell me one of the 'newest innovations'... a CE2 clearo!
Sad.
44.99 for a Spinner II. Unbelievable

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lots of retail stores just hire people off the street. Applies to pretty much every type of retail market in every industry, not just vaping. Kids off the street are a dime a dozen, especially during the summertime when school is out.

Hello all!

I recently refilled my aspire atlantis, not the first time I've done this etc...

I have same prob, every hit on every coil. Is authentic...and using aspire sub ohm battery.
I went to a head shop and bought pipe screens, and cut the screen to fit in the hole that drip tip plugs into. Prob solved, and doesn't restrict airflow. You'd be amazed at how much liquid it catches! I clean the screen and drip tip a couple times a day and no longer have hot juice spitting in my mouth.

jjhabe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yikes.
I get about ten days or so out of the 0.5 ohm heads running at 25 watts.
Shouldn't be 'pooling' that's for sure. Are your o-rings/seals good? The head screwed into the base securely? Loss of vacuum could cause that.
Aside from a bad coil, that's all I can think of...
Let us know if you solve it, ok?
I just joined this forum a few days ago and was worried about too much negativity. Your comment was so kind. I'm just browsing around, but I feel comfortable on this site because of people like you. Thanks!

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just joined this forum a few days ago and was worried about too much negativity. Your comment was so kind. I'm just browsing around, but I feel comfortable on this site because of people like you. Thanks!
Best of luck and I hope all your experiences here are positive

OE Burntpiston

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My Triton acts the exact opposite after a few days but does it every once in a while it will spi a little. I found that when it does I just open the vent at the tip all the way. Also you need to find a good local shop. We have quite a few around here and for the most part very knowledgeable. Oh crap, just relized it said atlantis at the top..

VU Sponsors