Become a Patron!

asking if this kind of rebuild can work safe.

siebert.brian

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I recently purchased a kanger subtank and istick 30w. Can i use one of the loose extra coils found in the kanger subtank package for a rebuild of a mini bvc in which id also like to use the cotton provided in the kanger subtank package together with this coil , so that i feel better about vaping with my nautilus mini. Im a mouth to lungs vaper and the mini nautilus works well for me in this regard. However the kanger subtank doesnt work well for me doing the mouth to lungs vape which is why id like to rebuild the nautilus mini bvc to use the nautilus mini instead.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think those coils might be 0.5 ohms, which is too low for the nautilus. (If you're talking about the actual coil head it won't fit the nautilus) Also, rebuilding the BVC coils is much trickier than rebuilding the regular coils - have you rebuilt a BVC before? I do mouth to lung on all my subtanks, and it does work well - did you put the airflow on the single hole?

siebert.brian

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes i put the airflow on the single hole and im using the .5 head that came preinstalled. I loved the mouth to lung hit from the nautilus mini but i dont trust the ceramic paper in the bvc atomizer. Its to rough for mouth to lung hit with the kanger subtank with .5 coil to me . I bought the subtank because the atomizers are occ. If i cant use the extra coil to rebuild the mini bvc to use the nautilus mini with the occ then maybe i should try the 1.2 ohm atomizer with the kanger subtank instead, to see if i can mouth to lung hit it that way.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes i put the airflow on the single hole and im using the .5 head that came preinstalled. I loved the mouth to lung hit from the nautilus mini but i dont trust the ceramic paper in the bvc atomizer. Its to rough for mouth to lung hit with the kanger subtank with .5 coil to me . I bought the subtank because the atomizers are occ. If i cant use the extra coil to rebuild the mini bvc to use the nautilus mini with the occ then maybe i should try the 1.2 ohm atomizer with the kanger subtank instead, to see if i can mouth to lung hit it that way.

You probably need to lower your nic level to use the subtank at 0.5. Try the other coil, and see if that works better for you. If you have the subtank mini you can also build the RBA head to whatever you like!

siebert.brian

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In case misunderstood i was meaning rebuild the mini bvc with loose extra coil in subtank package and then using the min nautilus with the eleaf 30w

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In case misunderstood i was meaning rebuild the mini bvc with loose extra coil in subtank package and then using the min nautilus with the eleaf 30w

No - as I said earlier, it's probably a 0.5 ohm coil (and in any event it probably wouldn't fit in the space for the bvc). Have you ever rebuilt a BVC coil? Did you know they're coming out with BVC coils in cotton for the nautilus?

siebert.brian

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Till i figure out how to rebuild the mini bvc with occ and use the mini nautilus im gonna take the .5 ohm out of kanger subtank and store it in a ejuice filled container like empty ibuprofen bottle so it dont dry out and possibly be ruined. Then stick the 1.2 ohm in the kanger subtank and try mouth to lung that way.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Till i figure out how to rebuild the mini bvc with occ and use the mini nautilus im gonna take the .5 ohm out of kanger subtank and store it in a ejuice filled container like empty ibuprofen bottle so it dont dry out and possibly be ruined. Then stick the 1.2 ohm in the kanger subtank and try mouth to lung that way.

You cannot use a 0.5 ohm coil in the nautilus (it'll probably burn the insulators).

siebert.brian

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ive tried the lung hit which works but feel it is harder on my lungs health wise. Tried researching and couldnt find anything on the difference between mouth to lungs and straight to lungs.

siebert.brian

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Now I'll need to find the safest wire to use when rebuilding a bvc atomizer with organic cotton,probably the Japanese pads ive read of .

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I'll need to find the safest wire to use when rebuilding a bvc atomizer with organic cotton,probably the Japanese pads ive read of .

If you're new to rebuilding I don't recommend starting with a BVC coil. Take a look at a video (you can find them on Youtube). The BVCs are trickier than most. You probably have an RDA with the subtank, no? That's much, much easier to rebuild. But don't even think of building anything without a good ohm reader! (Kanthal is the wire most people use).

siebert.brian

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So i guess im on the wrong forum , because im not gonna be building anything yet. All ive done is spent money searching for the best fit for myself. Thought i had found it with the clk 1280 and nautilus mini ,but then found out about the ceramic paper. Bought the kanger subtank because of occ and the istick 30w to work it safely. The store i bought this stuff from had a 100 percent mark up on everything compared to online order prices ,but thats the price of getting it now versus ordering and wait. Im gonna learn to rebuild the nautilus mini bvc with organic cotton .

siebert.brian

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the advice. Ive done a little research on rebuilding the mini bvc with organic cotton already . I will continue to do research

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quite frankly I wouldn't be overly concerned with the current BVC coils. I have lots of friends that use them and love them! As I said you can now get BVC coils in cotton, so if you're concerned just get those maybe? In any event, if you're going to rebuild the BVC coils you won't need the coils from the subtank (if that makes sense?).

VU Sponsors