Become a Patron!

Are painted tanks a concern? atomizer rta rda coating coated

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
I usually just go with the silver unpainted-looking option. But nowadays even silver looks like it's painted. I just don't trust these paints, one more thing to worry about.

I love that cotton wicks so well and we don't use silica anymore even though people used to swear that a vape doesn't get hot enough to start burning silica but it's just peace of mind that I'd rather maybe smoke a little tad of cotton vs some weird man-made silica.

I don't like plastic juice bottles either or a lot of tank o-rings.
I don't like brass possibly being in screws or decks even though people swore it doesn't get hot enough to matter.

To be honest I think the 'flavor' part of the e juice mix is probably of the most concern, although I do vape flavorless often and it's still good.

Like I said, nowadays even the silver options look like paint. I used to go for surgical grade 316 stainless atomizers. I gladly pay $30 for an Authentic if it's 316L vs a clone for $5 which might be shady metal.
I know it's not painted like with a spray or paint brush lol, it's basically powder coated baked into the metal or something but I still just don't like it. I'm not about to limit my tank choices to only pure, unpainted tanks either though. I might have come across some review videos though and people said the paint does actually chip off in some tanks, especially if using 'acidic' (wrong lingo word but forgive me) juices like pineapple, cinnamon, citrus, etc.

so does anyone actually know for sure what we're dealing with with these painted-looking tanks?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have never had any paint problems with any MOD's or my Tanks but I only buy Authentic so I can only comment on what I own.

VU Sponsors