Become a Patron!

Anyone familliar with the Prometheus?

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its a Genny. I know nothing about them, aside from the fact that one of my local B&M's stocks them.

Most of the rta's out there are of no interest to me, but the talk of delicious Genny flavor has me wondering if I'm missing something in my vaping life.

Anyone familiar with this little guy?

I had a lot of problems getting the Prometheus to wick properly. I do not recommend it. I'm currently using the lemo drop and its awesome!

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Out of curiosity, what were you using for wick? Stainless mesh, or?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Prometheus came out shortly after the Kraken...they both came out as an attempt to straddle the fence between gennys and drippers...they were both designed to be dual coil gennys that could deliver big clouds and big flavor..for a short time some guys were taking their Krakens to cloud competitions...also unlike most gennys at the time they both came out with an AFC that allowed them the airflow to handle two wicks with lower ohm builds. Unlike say the gennys like Doc Dave designed which did not have a huge airflow ...the vast majority of genny users don't vape dual wicks,and .8 is considered very low..Even "U" wicks seem to have disappeared among genheads. Both the Kraken and the prometheus are gennys that caught the attention of drippers far more than the attention of serious genheads.I personally think the prometheus was the better of the two...a better alternative for a dual wick genny nowdays is the origen genisis v2......
if you are new to genisis atomizers dual ss mesh wick builds can be daunting.nothing like building dual coils in a dripper.
as a single wick genny neither one of them is great,but better than alot....I didn't think they even made the prometheus anymore is it a clone? All that being said the prometheus will give you an idea of the flavor a genny can deliver, there just better flavor gennys around.

Last edited:

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks a bunch for the insight.

The one I was eyeballing on the b&m site is a $35 clone and they have 2 left. Since genesis style tanks seem to have fallen out of fashion, I wasn't sure if or when I'd see another in a store. All things considered, I'll probably skip this one... But ya never know, I do have a 15% discount at that store sitting there unused. :)

VU Sponsors