Become a Patron!

Any substitutes for PG or VG?

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys, I bought a kit last week that was a DIY e juice kit. I used up all the VG but I have PG left. I'd rather use a 50/50 mix but my walmart and walgreens doesn't sell glycerin. Is there anything I can substitute for VG or PG (Preferably VG) I was thinking about corn syrup,but then I read that the sugar will mess up the atomizer. So any ideas?

EDIT: If I could use only a PG mix, with no nic, what would the percentage be? How would I put it into a e juice calculator?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are any number of online retailers to purchase from. Trying to substitute would be a bad idea.

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There are any number of online retailers to purchase from. Trying to substitute would be a bad idea.
What'd be the cheapest place? I'm broke as fuck, Also I need a place that accepts PayPal

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Straight PG might be a bit thin and possibly leak, but I know people have done it. You'd just use "0" as your nic percentage in your calculator, if you need to use one. You'll likely get a helluva throat hit, probably not a lot of vapor. You can get VG pretty cheap online. Never found any at Rite Aid?

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Straight PG might be a bit thin and possibly leak, but I know people have done it. You'd just use "0" as your nic percentage in your calculator, if you need to use one. You'll likely get a helluva throat hit, probably not a lot of vapor. You can get VG pretty cheap online. Never found any at Rite Aid?
I don't have a rite aid close. I checked at walgreens by the first aid and found nothing. CVS Is up the street. Just haven't felt like going.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
CVS and rite aid should both have it in the wound care section, should be listed as Glycerin or Glycerine.
Cut it with some distilled water and you are golden in a pinch.

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
CVS and rite aid should both have it in the wound care section, should be listed as Glycerin or Glycerine.
Cut it with some distilled water and you are golden in a pinch.
Thank you, but I just got it from Huckleberried's link. I'll still check though as there is one a town over.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you, but I just got it from Huckleberried's link. I'll still check though as there is one a town over.
If you need larger, bull city, wizards, rts, heartland, mfs and sure there are others decent pricing.
in severe pinch mode if you have a whole foods near you Now brand is passable, 12-15 for 475 ml.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't I remember from a previous thread that you were gonna start a juice business selling to your buddies? Why don't you get them to kick in. You can get liter of PG and VG for like $20 plus shipping at myfreedomsmokes.com Even with shipping, that's less than a carton of smokes and you'll be set for AWHILE. They also have a special on a liter of 100mg nic for like $40 I think? We found the money when we were smoking.....just saying :)

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't I remember from a previous thread that you were gonna start a juice business selling to your buddies? Why don't you get them to kick in. You can get liter of PG and VG for like $20 plus shipping at myfreedomsmokes.com Even with shipping, that's less than a carton of smokes and you'll be set for AWHILE. They also have a special on a liter of 100mg nic for like $40 I think? We found the money when we were smoking.....just saying :)
My buddies and I don't use nic. As they are trying to quit. But yes, I ordered more flavor concentrate and I'm steeping a juice I made called "Peach Melon" Basically a combo of watermelon and peach. Now I'm steeping it. It'll be a week Tuesday. Then I'll come back and check it. My buddy is buying my energy juice for $5. I didn't make profit...yet. But my other friend said if I made energy with menthol he'd buy shit loads. Which figuring $20 ish?

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you need larger, bull city, wizards, rts, heartland, mfs and sure there are others decent pricing.
in severe pinch mode if you have a whole foods near you Now brand is passable, 12-15 for 475 ml.
Okay thank you!

VU Sponsors