Become a Patron!

Any pumpkin lovers here?

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Searched and didn't find much pumpkin discussion. A friend whom I'm trying to get off the analogs is a self-described pumpkin freak. I haven't dabbled in pumpkin flavoring at all, so I'm hoping there's someone where who has tried a lot of them and could give me some recs. TIA hopefully. :)

STAINLESS1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got 2 flavors in tfa, pumpkin and pumpkin spice. I am mixing with them tomorrow, will advise on my results.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just a word that Capella is currently reformulating their Pumpkin Pie Spice to be diacetyl-free and the new version will be Pumpkin Pie Spice V2, when it comes out. (I only mention this b/c Capella is such a popular flavor vendor.) I just got Nude Nicotine's Pumpkin Velvet (diacetyl/A/P and acetonin-free) and I liked it quite well mixed at the right ratio. Just don't overdo. It has a nice pumpkin-spice flavor.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank's to both of y'all! @STAINLESS1, I'll be curious to see what you think about those flavors, since from the little bit I've read people haven't liked them too much.

And @"11", thanks much for the info! CAP's is one of the ones I was considering, but I'll definitely wait for V2. NN's sounds like a good option. HIC, in another thread, mentioned that NF's pumpkin is also good (better than the other available options), so looks like there's two decent options to choose from, at this point in time.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got Tfa pumpkin mixed it at 2% could go to 3% might be better but it tastes just like pumpkin. Needs sweet added. My guess maybe brown sugar this would add sweet and the brown would back the pumpkin. The it much better than I thought it would be.

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
[...] CAP's is one of the ones I was considering, but I'll definitely wait for V2.

Someone linked to this handy list in another forum, of Capella's current flavors that are being reformulated, and which are diacetyl-free already, or have already been re-formulated. In case it helps anyone... (as you'll see PPSpice is in the bottom section of flavors waiting to be reformulated): http://www.capellaflavors.com/a-p-status/

STAINLESS1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ended up having to work, so haven't mixed yet. Will try pumpkin at 2/3% following wally ' s lead, thanks wally! No brown sugar in my arsenal yet, but have several caramels that I plan to use.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a word that Capella is currently reformulating their Pumpkin Pie Spice to be diacetyl-free and the new version will be Pumpkin Pie Spice V2, when it comes out. (I only mention this b/c Capella is such a popular flavor vendor.) I just got Nude Nicotine's Pumpkin Velvet (diacetyl/A/P and acetonin-free) and I liked it quite well mixed at the right ratio. Just don't overdo. It has a nice pumpkin-spice flavor.
What percentage have you found that works best with NN's PV?

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

For me the magic number was 1d per ml or 5%, but I use 100% VG and NN's flavorings are 100% VG. If you use PG you might need far less. Maybe 3%. But I'd start at 1% and work your way up since everyone's taste buds are different. :D

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In another thread HIC recommended NF's Pumpkin Pie flavor as a good option, though one that needs to be spruced up with other flavors. So, I ordered that one, and will report back after I have a chance to play around with it a bit.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Food wise? yeah pumpkin and squashes are nom.
Flavored? blech!! nooo!!! it is like cherry... overdone and screwed up.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm truly enjoying...
2.5% NN Pumpkin Velvet
.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
.25% TFA Holiday Spice
.25% TFA Pumpkin spice.

It's like a pumpkin pie eggnog. 10 day steep.

I would say I taste flavor pretty well. I tried PUMPKIN velvet standalone at 5% and 2.5% I didn't notice much change at all in taste. Fresh mixed it is spicy with less pumpkin. After 10-14 days is a creamy velvety pumpkin with a light spice. I really like the NN pumpkin velvet flavor.

STAINLESS1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mixing today and have landed on this mix. It is decent shake and vape, and will see how it develops as it steeps. Wife wanted a pumpkin latte. All tfa.
3% pumpkin
2% pumpkin spice
5% Kalua & cream
2% coffee
2% vanilla bean ice cream
2% sweet cream
2% sweeter

I started mixing a good tasting creamed coffee base, and mixed the pumpkin starting at 2%, slowly upping it until it tasted accurate with a little holiday spice.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mixing today and have landed on this mix. It is decent shake and vape, and will see how it develops as it steeps. Wife wanted a pumpkin latte. All tfa.
3% pumpkin
2% pumpkin spice
5% Kalua & cream
2% coffee
2% vanilla bean ice cream
2% sweet cream
2% sweeter

I started mixing a good tasting creamed coffee base, and mixed the pumpkin starting at 2%, slowly upping it until it tasted accurate with a little holiday spice.
Looks tasty, start a thread over in the recipe section so more folks will see it for improvements or just slaps on the back saying you did good...

VU Sponsors