Become a Patron!

Any owners of the Hana mod or clones....

supersport13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I currently have a Provari (which I absolutely love) but would like to be able to run my .6 ohm Fogger v4 on a regulated device. So I am thinking of getting a Hana mod or a clone of it. My main concern is if the Hana or clone of it keeps the same power to the atomizer from first vape to the last regardless of battery power left (just like the Provari does)? The only reason I don't care for mechanicals is that the quality and amount of vapor decreases so rapidly with each vape. I need consistensy with each vape and I need the cloud production of a subohm build. If I'm correct....I think a 30 watt or higher box mod would give me both. Any info would be much appreciated! Oh yeah, everyone have a safe 4th as well!:D

supersport13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a hana clone from cloupor. it is my favorite vw mod i have. I like it more than my provari, mvp or vamo. it will do what your looking for. you wont regret it...
Thank you for your reply. So, am I right that it keeps the same power output from first to last vape?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have one of the clones on the way.

But the original DNA 20 chip does indeed seem constant to me.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Chana's got a bit of a bad rap initially. Yes, there were a few manufacturer defects, which it seems have been fixed on the recent batches. But did it seem to anybody else that alot of the "failures" and "omg this is a POS! I can't believe what happened!" was mostly about people who were trying to test the limits of these things and just generally doing stuff that probably wasn't a good idea in the first place? Nothing against the "cloud chasers" and the more extreme side of vaping..but don't go buy a $60 largely publicly untested device, slap a .1 "parallel stove top dragon super sleeper" coil on it "just to see what happens" and then scream bloody murder that China is trying to kill you or that the device you got didn't perform the way it was sold to you. My Cloupor Chana has worked flawlessly since day 1. Old 510 and all. It's kicks major ass with all my Kayfuns and I'm thinking about getting a couple more in different colors since all the fixes have been done. Solid buy all day long IMO :)

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i have one, you get same voltage from first vape to last since the chip is regulating the current.. that is why they say do not fully discharge/empty the battery

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bought the Cloupor clone because I got caught up in all the pre order hype and was able to get one while everyone else was still waiting for weeks. Just an impulse buy really, but what a surprise. This clone has exceeded all my expectations and has relegated my Provari to a backup mod. That's saying a lot considering how much I've enjoyed, and relied on, my Provari. No regrets, this mod has been very consistent and fires my atties that I couldn't fire on my Provari due to being lower that 1.2ohm. Just ordered a second Cloupor mod and that will make my Provari a backup to my backup Cloupor. Sorry Provape, the Provari is just too limited in the way I can vape.

The bottom line answer to your question is yes. Any of the regulated mods will do what you want. Your only minor learning curve is you will be setting the wattage, not the voltage as you did on the Provari. Vape will be consistent. As for which one you get, that's no different than it has ever been, get the one you like. Don't get hung up in the numbers game, 30w, 50w, 100+w. It is as it was in the old car days, "my 396ci is faster then your 383ci". either will get you a speeding ticket. ANY of them will get you were you want to be for a normal good consistent vape. Your not going to use the big numbers except maybe when playing, or cloud chasing. Hell, I have a 120w box, but right now, I'm sitting here, enjoying a great vape at on a .7 ohm coil, at 17w

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The bottom line answer to your question is yes. Any of the regulated mods will do what you want. Your only minor learning curve is you will be setting the wattage, not the voltage as you did on the Provari. Vape will be consistent. As for which one you get, that's no different than it has ever been, get the one you like. Don't get hung up in the numbers game, 30w, 50w, 100+w. It is as it was in the old car days, "my 396ci is faster then your 383ci". either will get you a speeding ticket. ANY of them will get you were you want to be for a normal good consistent vape. Your not going to use the big numbers except maybe when playing, or cloud chasing. Hell, I have a 120w box, but right now, I'm sitting here, enjoying a great vape at on a .7 ohm coil, at 17w
I am waiting on parts to build my first box mod. I am trying to figure out how to hook an old Harley battery to a mechanical mod for home use. I might stack 2 120w boards just to see if it works. It's entertainment for me. Changing 18650 battery's is a pain. 12 v will last all day. If it will crank a 114 in. S&S it will keep me vaping all day.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Kay Fun 3.1 with my own juice mix. on a Vamo V5. Smooth as a woman's tit. I want to explore making my own box. I really doubt I will use the watts, but, I won't know till I try. Have a 75 watt coming. Have a 120 watt here. I don't know how to build it, so I will use the cheaper chips to learn.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have just gotten word from Doris at Focalecig that the new batch of the Hana DNA30 mod has arrived to replace the shipment of defective merchandise they originally received from their manufacturer and they will start shipping them this coming Tuesday. Mine included.

Here is the link...

http://focalecig.com/Product/HANAA-MODZ-Pack-DNA-30-StyleModblack-19557

I magnified the images and the construction seems to be very good indeed. Nothing like the one from FT where the seam from the battery compartment cover runs across the top of the housing right beside the connector. And the 510 connector looks first rate as well. AND it has an separate internal cover. for the electronics.

Its looking pretty good from where I now sit.

But I do have a quick question about batteries. I have been told with these type of devices a really high amp battery is not really necessary and a good quality high mAh battery is what you should use.

Any thoughts?

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have both a Cloupor Chana DNA 30 and a SX350 Box mod i love both but have noticed that i use the SX350 more for my Kayfuns. Both mods are great I love the size on the Chana clone but it does not regulate down on voltage. That being said since i have got the Chana and SX350 I don't touch my mechs anymore because I get the consistent vape at the wattage I want start to finish.

DAY-VAPE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My main question/concern is if it's considered safe to charge these Chanas using the USB port? Since I'm assuming the 'no green light' thing is still an issue... Is it ok to leave the batteries in and use said port?

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I havent had an issue with mine so far using VTC5's. There is an LED that you can see reflected on the USB cable but there isnt a hole to see it directly

DAY-VAPE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh so you do get the red when charging and green when charged?

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is an LED on the USB board but they didnt drill another hole so you can see it clearly, it just reflects off the cable.

DAY-VAPE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can see the red if it's plugged in... Just wondering if it switched to green as well? From what I've read it does not. I hate not knowing if I'm damaging the battery by overcharging or something. I suppose the smart thing to do is take it out and use my Xtar charger. Thanks!

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I am going to track down some extra screws.

Perhaps something with a larger head and charge my batteries externally.

Those .5 amp internal chargers are OK for a smaller battery but the larger mAh rated ones will just take too much time to charge.

DAY-VAPE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Very true. I installed a couple of rare earth magnets in mine and can now quickly/easily get to my battery. Works great and beats having to take two screws out every time.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Day-Vape you have pics, i have been thinking about adding magnets to mine

DAY-VAPE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah... Once I figure out how to post them. LOL.

DAY-VAPE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://imgur.com/Wn6XFrI
Kind of crude still... But wanted to see what worked the best. Hell, I taped one set down and gorilla glued another set. Both ways seem to work just fine so it may stay like this for a while. Just make sure to use the magnets that are 3/16" I think. Not the thinnest ones... A step up I believe it is. Hope this pic thing works.
It holds really well to I might add. Not a single rattle or chance of it coming off.

DAY-VAPE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not a problem. ; )

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would you happen to have a link for the magnets you use.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can see the red if it's plugged in... Just wondering if it switched to green as well? From what I've read it does not. I hate not knowing if I'm damaging the battery by overcharging or something. I suppose the smart thing to do is take it out and use my Xtar charger. Thanks!

cloupor said themselves that they installed overcharge protection.. i believe they said this on their facebook page when someone else asked about it. i leave it on the charger every night when i go to sleep like a cell phone

DAY-VAPE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Excellent. That's good to hear. I did get one of the most recent ones that had the changes. So hopefully it's all good. Now what charger do you use? Do I need to find one the has the correct output or can I use my phone charger? It's like 1150mA. Isn't it supposed to be 500mA? Thanks!

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Excellent. That's good to hear. I did get one of the most recent ones that had the changes. So hopefully it's all good. Now what charger do you use? Do I need to find one the has the correct output or can I use my phone charger? It's like 1150mA. Isn't it supposed to be 500mA? Thanks!
I just use the cell phone charger that came with my Samsung Galaxy S4. When I'm using my laptop, I use the USB charger that came with my Innokin MVP 2.0. Both work fine.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i use the one that came with it and an iphone connector.. sometimes i hook it up in my usb port in the computer

DAY-VAPE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cool. Thanks again. That helps with some of my hesitation. ; )

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Some "nice to haves" on future iterations:
1. Actual power on/off functionality. I think battery life on these devices are not as good as with something like that MVP because you have to wait 2 min. for the clone to go to sleep.
2. Puff counter.
3. Ability to allow more tank sizes to fit ... specifically, the Kanger Aerotank Giant.

Can anyone think of anything else?

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Power on off would be kinda nice. But the OLED display really does not use that much power.

Not to sound rude but the big tanks will fit and work. But instead of seeing a tank attached to a battery you will see a battery attached to the tank. It will work, just looks stupid.

Not a huge fan of puff counters. But an AM/PM time would be good.

And a full 1.0 amp internal charging circuit for charging 18650 batts would be great. IMHO a .5 amp charging circuit is not up to snuff for 18650 batts.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the Giant and it doesn't fit in the mod's circular recessed area. Thus the pin and connector don't make proper contact. "Check atomizer" keeps showing up in the display when I try to fire.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have the Giant and it doesn't fit in the mod's circular recessed area. Thus the pin and connector don't make proper contact. "Check atomizer" keeps showing up in the display when I try to fire.

All will be well if you invest $4 in a eGo/eGo or 510/ego adapter. If the small gap that is left bothers you track down a PT beauty ring.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My main question/concern is if it's considered safe to charge these Chanas using the USB port? Since I'm assuming the 'no green light' thing is still an issue... Is it ok to leave the batteries in and use said port?
ive veen charging mine for a month using the usb, no problems....

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks much RJ, will definitely look into it

DAY-VAPE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sweet. Thank you! I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much. I just would hope that it's as safe as charging my cell phone or something like that. LOL.

DAY-VAPE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does it make a difference what charger I use? I didn't get anything but the cable. Thanks.

Synsi1916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been using my Samsung charging block with oem style 6' cables from eBay. A 5 pack just in case.

DAY-VAPE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Charger? Will my Motorola phone charger with 1150mA work?

VU Sponsors