Become a Patron!

Any info on ipv4 update???

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like how they market it as an updated IPV4 rather than as the non broken to shit IPV4.

I also like how they insist on keeping the IPV4 models limited to ~100w while the IPV3 range breaks 200w.

vapereloaded

Member For 4 Years
Not enough to purchase one having bought the ipv 4 already... Apparently a few minor design flaws were improved, the allegedly combustible charging port, couple little crevices around the top now sit flush, comes with the 120 watt upgrade and supports ni200 and titanium wire in TC mode... Also I believe it is a better built chip not just an updated ipv4 v1... I miss anything?

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
thanks for the info...does P4Y indicate this on the box. or maybe new packaging. I just checked their website and they only have the same IPV4

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

AGREE!!!! There is no way they didn't know when they released the IPV4 that the 3li was coming in just a few weeks and the 4s in less than 3 months after the 4. VERY POOR business practices! But, not the first time P4Y has done this. I'm done!!!! But, they don't care! Enough people vaping now so they make the quick buck and to hell with the customer.
Yeah we are just spoiled 'mericans with expectations of the vendors we choose to support not pissing directly into our faces!

thanks for the info...does P4Y indicate this on the box. or maybe new packaging. I just checked their website and they only have the same IPV4

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Their website is garbage, search it on your favorite search engine!

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
120 watts in power mode
added tc for ti
100j for ti01
still 50 j for ni200
min joules is 10 max 50 (ni200) 100 (ti01)
min watts is 10 (power mode) max watts 120 (power mode)
tc presets do not set, still factory settings only. thats about it.
Overall I'm a happy camper just upgrate both of my iPV4 to the S lol
Bout damn time P4Y :p

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
well i am glad. I guess the squeeky wheel does get the grease.

Just wondering... is the lower limit in power mode still .10?

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
Take atomizer off and batteries out. Connect to computer with usb cable that came with it. Download the latest SXI from pioneer4you.com. When you launch it, you'll need to click Connection first, then Install Driver. Then click the button for Start Windows 7 or Windows 8 x64 setting if your in 64 bit OS like I am. It should then pop up a box that will have your device listed. Then hit Install WCID Driver. Onest that's all done, slick the SXI logo to go back to main and choose the Upgrade button and upgrade using the IPV4 "Test" patch file. If f you don't see your IPV4 listed, (Mine is listed as SX330-V4 at first but now shows SX330-V4S) you might need to try another data cable. Other than that, I don't know what might be wrong. Maybe try a different computer. Also, I noticed neither it nor my IPV3 Li like to be connected to the USB3 port. So try and make sure you are using USB2.

BigDaddyQ

Member For 4 Years
BUDKISS I don't know about the lower ohm in power mode. I don't have anything built lower than 0.2.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
figured it out. wouldnt connect with the usb cable that came with it. connected immediately with my galaxy s4 micro usb charging wire. updated it, thanks.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
yea it didnt work with a cheap-o, pharmacy checkout line usb wire either.

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Maverik_X or @dre do you have any idea how the update works?

Windows doesn't find the device like others posted...im using a good Samsung USB cable...
I'm very computer literate but can't figure this out either....
File is an .SXI extention... when googled is only opened by Open Office??.....

EDIT:
There is a software MSI installer package that recognizes the SXI file update
"New SXi upgrate package"
http://www.pioneer4you.com/article.php?id=27

Last edited:

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Maverik_X or @dre do you have any idea how the update works?

Windows doesn't find the device like others posted...im using a good Samsung USB cable...
I'm very computer literate but can't figure this out either....
File is an .SXI extention... when googled is only opened by Open Office??.....

EDIT:
There is a software MSI installer package that recognizes the SXI file update
"New SXi upgrate package"
http://www.pioneer4you.com/article.php?id=27

http://www.pioneer4you.com/article.php?id=28

follow same steps but use iPV4 firmware

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks BigDaddyQ Maverik_X ...I didn't refresh the page while posting, editing....so didn't see your posts....

Problem was I had the batteries in....took em out, upgraded right away....

dubblec87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I open the file it says file unsupported undefined but Support sx330 v4s. Won't let me upgrade. Also kept saying the driver install would fail

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Install the driver, then the W*** (forgot the name), but first take the batts out, connect to the pc with the USB, then run the SXI install software.

I installed mine, it works, Ti works. The Memory locations still do not work.

mgmrick

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got mine upgraded did need to use the installer.

Have not noticed any bugs in firmware.

Here's to hoping ti wire is relatively safe to use as it's the best vape yet.

Bob Diaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for that run down, BigDaddyQ! It sounded a bit complex, however, mine installed easily. At first I wasn't sure if it took given that I'm running Ni...but a quick flop to power mode and it cranked to 100w. Now to source some Ti!
Happy vaping!

VU Sponsors