Become a Patron!

Any info on ipv4 update???

dubblec87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone know if and when we will get an update for the ipv4? I had heard around July 10th but that has come and gone.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know if and when we will get an update for the ipv4? I had heard around July 10th but that has come and gone.
What type of update did you hear it will be?

ckone180

Member For 4 Years
Titanium and Joule memory settings fixed, I think. Last I heard was Monday they would test it again, but no guarantee.

dubblec87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you think it will get updated to 120w as well?

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
yep... 120 and Ti. They HAVE the firmware they just haven'[t released it yet.
Was supposed to go public on the 10th (when they released the ipv4-S version) but last contact i had form P4Y said maybe monday. Hmmm

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The Pioneer4you website doesn't even show the IPV4 in their product list. Concerning!!!!!

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With the IPV4 S being launched to replace the IPV4 I doubt they will release an update prior to the replacement devices launch.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's not like anyone who bought an IPV4 is going to buy an IPV4-S anyway so it hardly matters.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was speaking to the common sense of a company releasing an update for a legacy device they are replacing prior to the replacements launch to give an idea of timeline. Not purchasing decisions for consumers.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Releasing an update that was promised to existing customers over a month ago should be pretty important though. Especially when it has no bearing on the new product launch.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It should be important but it's obviously not to them. I agree with that. Since there is no discernible difference I'm aware of with the new unit they have had a viable update for some time I would think. My above statement was my only other rationale in my head as to why they wouldn't have released already.

Also idk if anyone else noticed, but here's our problem; we're expecting a product UPGRADE and they are providing us with a product UPGRATE. Our bad
Upgrate.jpg

ckone180

Member For 4 Years
Since there is no discernible difference I'm aware of with the new unit they have had a viable update for some time I would think.
It was my understanding that the new unit also uses a different chipset. I do not think the firmware would be the same. I am not a software guy, so I do not really know for sure.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It was my understanding that the new unit also uses a different chipset. I do not think the firmware would be the same. I am not a software guy, so I do not really know for sure.

Yeah I was mistaken. Read the post about the IPV4 S again and it is in fact a hardware/software change. And Mav's additional response proves its not the same software I guess. Hopefully they will drop an update for you guys that still have the device sooner than later.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is where it just took P4U over a month to realize that a firmware update for a different chipset wouldn't work on the IPV4.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if they will actually release a firmware update for the IPV4. If prior experience tells us anything, they will say it's in testing and hope the clamor for an update dies down. They make their money by selling new product, not by upgrading a model only a month old. If they don't provide an update to the IPV4, they are on my list of never to be recommended mod makers. Cloupor is #1 on my list at the moment.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I'm already done with P4U.

The fact that the IPV4 was so poorly made and handled is part of it, the fact that they released the clearly better designed IPV3-Li less than a month later was just the icing on the cake.

Don't get me wrong, I love my IPV4; to me, it feels good in the hand, is very consistent in its vape, looks sexy with the hardware I put on it, yada yada yada. BUT, and it's a big but, don't tout a device as up-gradable with promise of TI support, 120 watts, fixed temp memory, and maybe more then NOT make good on it. Just rocketed P4Y to the top of my sh!& list if they don't come out with the update. I had never bought anything from them and then in one month I bought an IPV Mini 70w (should have waited for the Mini D2 but oh well) and IPV4 based on specs and good first impressions. Then this crap. Get off your butts and get us the update guys!

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I'm already done with P4U.

The fact that the IPV4 was so poorly made and handled is part of it, the fact that they released the clearly better designed IPV3-Li less than a month later was just the icing on the cake.
Agreed.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wonder if they will actually release a firmware update for the IPV4. If prior experience tells us anything, they will say it's in testing and hope the clamor for an update dies down. They make their money by selling new product, not by upgrading a model only a month old. If they don't provide an update to the IPV4, they are on my list of never to be recommended mod makers. Cloupor is #1 on my list at the moment.

Yes sir. That Clouper GT 80 looks really nice. Especially for sub $50.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And mods that don't fire at even half their advertized watts.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Damn. Is it still that way or have they turned the explosion corner? Guy in a local spot had a T6 I believe it was that looked nice. Nice size but I didn't ask him if he has had any issues with it.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My T6 worked at max 64 watts out of 100. Most people got a max of 43 watts wide open. Mine shorted out and the guts melted after about 2 months of use. Cloupor stated they were going to update it with firmware releases last January. Never happened. After seeing a local dealer take back 200+ mods, Cloupor mini's, with a lot of them burned, melted, and DOA, that firmed my resolve not to recommend a Cloupor product to anyone.

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yikes that's crazy. Yeah I guess they will be on my future ignore list lol. Thanks for the info. Good to know.

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
couldn't agree more!!!

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi friends

Thanks for your reply, I am Denny from iPV
Yes,the new software still on testing, I hope can get it soon, the engineer still testing it and aging test it
I will upload our site or sent it to your email when I get it well
thank you
very sorry for delay

Please feed back me for any questions any time

Best Regard
Denny Zhang
Sales Manager of Green Leaf

-----------------------

Hi
We will update in our website in these day!
Please keep in touch!
Thanks!
Best regards,
Cici

发自网易邮箱 iPhone 版

Sometime these days I suppose lol

Last edited:

dubblec87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've gotten the same emails, sounds like alot of smoke being blown up our asses.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Denny shared with me today via skype that he AND I QUOTE... "get a wrong date (on the firmware release). The firmwaere will be posted at the end of thisbmonth"

Yeah... end of the month. Really?! Seriously?!

Here is my reply:
"Let me share something with you and please pass this on to your leadership. Just from a consumer perspective (and based upon the overwhelming negative feedback on several forum sites) folks are generally upset with P4Y right now. It seems like with each product release there is a follow up release with improvements and fixes based upon the feedback given from initial buyers. It is sort of like the first round buyers are BETA TESTING for P4Y and finding the flaws only to have a follow up release with them fixed. Just of the top of my head.... we had the Ipv2... 2s... 2x then the ipv3... and the 3Li then the ipv4... ipv4s. In most cases these releases are in such short succession that the buyer of the initial product feels cheated. (Like buying a new phone and the next month an improved version is out - fixing the initial problems that should have been caught before release. And to add insult to injury it is nearly the same price as the released. You can see how this would piss off folks.) In any case for the sake of the folks that bought the ipv4 - mostly return customers - I think P4Y ought to do right and get this update out ASAP. One thing the vape community has is a very long memory and it is tied tightly to their wallet.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
In hind sight it might sound preachy and presumptuous of me to actually represent a larger crowd. \
I hope i haven't overstepped by boundaries on my reply to P4Y.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In hind sight it might sound preachy and presumptuous of me to actually represent a larger crowd. \
Spot on as far as I'm concerned.

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Said it better than I could. I just said "I've made my last purchase of anything P4Y" I just can't deal with the fact that they believe we are so stupid that we can't see what's going on! Definitely a company that plans to make their "buck" and they'll be gone!!!!

I'm done with their conniving approach to their business! To me the only way that they could make it up is if they sent anyone who bought an ipv4 their choice of the ipv3LI or the ipv4s and a gift certificate to Shenanigans! I think I'd still have a sour taste in my mouth though

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Said it better than I could. I just said "I've made my last purchase of anything P4Y" I just can't deal with the fact that they believe we are so stupid that we can't see what's going on! Definitely a company that plans to make their "buck" and they'll be gone!!!!

Yeah I'm at pretty much the same point.

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'm done with their conniving approach to their business! To me the only way that they could make it up is if they sent anyone who bought an ipv4 their choice of the ipv3LI or the ipv4s and a gift certificate to Shenanigans! I think I'd still have a sour taste in my mouth though
AGREE!!!! There is no way they didn't know when they released the IPV4 that the 3li was coming in just a few weeks and the 4s in less than 3 months after the 4. VERY POOR business practices! But, not the first time P4Y has done this. I'm done!!!! But, they don't care! Enough people vaping now so they make the quick buck and to hell with the customer.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I particularly like how Denny said he was testing the firmware update, then the engineer was testing it, and now the dates were all wrong and there won't be an update until the end of the month.

rolltidevaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I particularly like how Denny said he was testing the firmware update, then the engineer was testing it, and now the dates were all wrong and there won't be an update until the end of the month.
I think that's Chinese for "you own the IPV4 - you're screwed" "no update for you".

pardon my ignorance on this...but what's the difference with the ipv4 and ipv4s?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Not enough to purchase one having bought the ipv 4 already... Apparently a few minor design flaws were improved, the allegedly combustible charging port, couple little crevices around the top now sit flush, comes with the 120 watt upgrade and supports ni200 and titanium wire in TC mode... Also I believe it is a better built chip not just an updated ipv4 v1... I miss anything?

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors