Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Voopoo Caliber Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Voopoo Caliber Stick Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Voopoo Caliber kit is the latest Vape Stick kit from Voopoo and comes with the Caliber Battery Stick and the Uforce Tank. It’s the first kit this style from voopoo and made to be their version of an ijust3, cascade one plus, or smok stick. It features an internal 3000mah 23600 battery and is a simple non adjustable stick. It features a LED on top of the fire button. The included tank is the Uforce tank and has quite a few capacity options ranging from 3.5ml to 8ml but comes with the 3.5ml and 5ml bubble glass. It’s available in 11 colors, Black, Bronze, Orange, Red, Gold, Army Green, Green, Rainbow, Blue, Purple, and Silver and is available online in the 40-50 dollar price range

Manufacturer's Specs Battery:
  • Material:Stainless Steel
  • Size:85*24.5mm
  • Max Output Wattage:110W
  • Battery Capacity:3000mAh
  • Resting Current: <10uA
  • Charge Rate: 1A
  • Output Current 30A
  • Input Voltage:DC3.2-DC4.2V
  • Output Voltage:0-4.2V
  • Resistance Range:0.15-3.0ohm
  • Gold Plating Badge Style Button
  • Over Time Protection
  • Over-Temperature Protection
  • Output Over-Current Protection
  • Overcharge Protection
  • Over-Discharge Protection
  • Short-Circuit Protection
Manufacturer's Specs Tank:
  • Material:Stainless Steel + Pyrex Glass
  • Colors:Black,Silver,Rainbow,Blue,Purple,Gold
  • Size:56.6*28mm
  • Capacity:5.0ml
  • Thread:510
  • All Parts Detachable
  • 0.23Ohm U4 Quadruple Coil Head,50-120W,Best 60-80W
  • 0.15OHM U6 Sextuple Coil Head,65-110W,Best 80-90W
  • Triple Balanced Inhale System
  • Convenient Top Refill Design
Included in box:
  • 1x Caliber Battery
  • 1x Uforce Tank
  • 1x 3.5ML Glass Tank
  • 1x U4 Uforce Coil
  • 1x U6 Uforce Coil
  • 1x USB Cable
  • 1x User Manual
  • 1x Warranty Card
  • 1x Gene Chip Card
Picture Album
album

Voopoo Caliber Battery Rundown and Performance
The Voopoo Caliber battery is a non adjustable simple stick with a fire button and nothing else. There is an LED above the fire button that is only blue and doesn't tell you the charge and is also very dim and hard to see. When charging the blue light remains lit and when it’s complete it’ll turn off. It uses a 5 clicks to turn on and off like most devices. There is also a standby when it hasn’t been used for 30 minutes it’ll enter standby where you need to click the fire button once to wake it up. It’s a nice feature to have if you don’t turn your battery off. Not much else to it at all.

The stick itself is really nice. There is not much of a design it’s just a basic stick, and the coloring is beautiful. The only design part is the top that has a gold ring around it. The rest is just a simple stick with voopoo written on the bottom. It can handle a 24.5 mm atomizer without overhang which is the size of the uforce tank and makes it have an AIO type look to it. It feels well built and is all metal, but it’s also really light. The USB port is on the back. And it’s listed at 1amp charging.

Performance of the stick was excellent. I reviewed the iJust 3 and was very disappointed in it. The Cascade one plus performed great however. Compared to those 2 the Caliber performs great. Very similar to the cascade one plus but actually puts out a few more watts then the cascade one plus at .15 and .2 ohms. The main difference is the caliber wouldn’t fire a .11 ohm build at all so the safety features were kicking in there where the cascade one plus fired a .12 ohm build no issues. Not a big deal since They don’t make a coil for the caliber that goes below .15 ohms and also list the minimum resistance at .15 ohms. With a .15 ohm coil i got 80 watts of smooth output (23 amps, 3.471 volts), with a .2 ohm coil I got 3.682 volts and 68 watts. With a .61 ohm coil I got 26 watts and 3.997 volts. They list it at 110 watt output max but i don’t believe it will do that so i consider it overrated since it won’t fire a coil with a low enough resistance to make that happen. It would have to be around a .1 resistance to achieve that and it wouldn’t fire the .11 build I tried and is also listed as a minimum of .15 ohms resistance so I think they should remove that 110 watt max statement personally. Outside of that though it does work very well for the resistance range coils would be for use on this battery.

Voopoo Uforce Tank performance
I’m not going to get into detail about the tank itself since i’ve already reviewed it before but a few quick specs on it. Uses an 810 drip tip and comes with a matching resin one, 3.5 and 5 ml capacity bubble tank included and optional 5.5 and 8 ml tanks as well. Uses a slide back to fill method. My main focus on this will be how does the tank perform with the caliber battery.

It comes with 2 coils, the U4 and U6 options. I ran only 50ml through both coils because the performance was poor. I also had some minor leakage with the U6 coil. They aren’t bad if used on an adjustable mod, but the stick really underpowered them leading to a weak muted flavor vape as well as the leakage. They should have designed coils made for a mod like this like smok did with their “M” coils. Originally when the smok stick came out the included coils weren’t good for a non adjustable direct output battery so they made some specifically for use later on. I feel like voopoo needs to do the same with this kit here. This seems to be an issue with many of the stick kits where companies slap a tank that’s been out a while on a stick in a kit without thinking about if the coils themselves will perform correctly with a direct output. I had similar issues with the eleaf ijust3 as well on top of that battery just being a poor performer. Overall not a good performer in this kit

Pros:
  • Build Quality of mod and tank
  • Color Options
  • Size and Weight for portability
  • Simple Sleek Design
  • Battery Life (3000mah battery)
  • Large 5 ml capacity in tank (and optional 8ml capacity)
  • AFC is easy to adjust and smooth
  • Standard 810 matching resin tip
  • Easy to refill
  • great performance from the battery
Cons:
  • No Battery Indicator
  • LED is dim
  • No passthrough vaping
  • coils do not match the output of the battery
  • weak muted flavor from coils
  • no 2 amp fast charging
  • overstated specs
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this is going to lean towards the no pretty heavily. The battery itself lacks too many features (battery meter, fast charging, dim LEDs, no passthrough vaping) and the Coils for the tank aren't designed well enough to work with a direct output device. If your in the market for this style of device get the cascade one plus instead. Out of all the stick kits i’ve done it’s the one that has all the features it should (2 amp charging, large battery, passthrough vaping, etc) and the coils work well with a direct output device. This one however just doesn't stack up and goes into the don’t buy bin along with the eleaf ijust3.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Voopoo

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

Last edited:

VU Sponsors