Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vaptio Super Bat 220w Mod Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Vaptio Super Batt 220W mod. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Vaptio Super Bat 220W Mod is the latest mod from vaptio and their first true dual 18650 one as well (they had one that could to dual or triple 18650) As you can get form the name and form their previous wall crawler mod, it follows in the superhero trend and is designed to look like a batman mod, because who doesn't love batman? The front has a batman mask with 2 LEDs for the eyes and the back has a batman like wign design with LEDs as well. It’s available in 3 colors, black, red and silver

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Size: 85.5 x 46.0 x 30.0mm
  • Max. Wattage: 220W
  • Mode: VW/TC/Bypass/Custom
  • Display: 1.3-inch full color TFT screen
  • Temperature Control Range: 100℃-315℃/200F-600F
  • Battery type: 2x high-rate 18650 cells (not included)
  • Charging: 5V/2A USB
  • Thread: 510 thread
  • 220W powerful TC Kit with super cool bat hero appearance
  • Colorful LED lighting system
  • Super power with fingertip control
  • Super safety shield
  • 1.3 inch high-definition screen
  • Lighting recharge
  • Easy USB firmware upgrade
Included in box:
  • 1 x Vaptio Super Bat 220W MOD
  • 1 x USB Cable
  • 1 x User Manual
Picture Album
https://imgur.com/a/ac8DqE3

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this mod, i really liked the looks and design. I do enjoy comic themed things and batman is one of my favorites. I loved the small form factor and fire bar. It was like a cross between the alien and predator but with a large color screen, LEDs, and batman design. Probably the best way to describe this mod. I love the LEDs although I know some people don’t but you can turn them off if you want, and the bright color screen looks great on it. The fire bar is nice and clicky as well. Overall really like the looks and design on this.

Performance
Performance wise, i had some major issues with this mod, so there won’t be a chart or spreadsheet and i’ll explain that in a bit. I was able to get some max specs however and got 222 watts with a .11 ohm coil and 45 amps making ti accurately rated with a very high amp limit. With a .47 ohm i got max 7.258 which means no boost circuit but is good for non boost dual 18650 mods. Now the reason I can’t give a chart or spreadsheet was because the mod was too inconsistent due to issues reading resistance. The resistance would creep lower and lower for no good reason at all. Putting on a .15 ohm coil for instance would read .15 ohm then it would chance and go lower and lower for no reason all the way until it hit .12. Even with the .2 ohm coil it kept creeping lower and lower until it finally stopped around .13. It seems to me like more of a firmware issue, but due to the sudden and frequent changes in resistance, it was impossible for me to see how accurate it was since output always fluctuated due to this making it a poor performing mod that I couldn't’ assign numbers to. It also ruined the TC experience as well making it hit harder and harder each time due to resistance fluctuating and never providing a smooth consistent vape.

Other Usage Notes
The mod has the predator shape to it. A symmetrical design with a fire bar on the side and front screen. The 510 though isn’t centered. It’s offset but can handle a 26mm without overhang. It’s solid metal but pretty lightweight. The paint job is nice and looks like it shouldn’t fade away or scratch off. It’s designed to look like batman's mask on the front with the LEDs for the eyes. There is no button rattle on this mod at all. It’s built solid. The screen is large and bright and full color. The fire button is a fire bar. The adjustment buttons are to the left and right of the LEDs and look nice with the design of the mod. The battery door is a bottom fed one that closes nicely with no gap and fits well.

Usage is simple. 5 clicks on and off. 3 clicks to enter menu, use plus and minus to scroll and fire to accept. Very straightforward and laid out nicely.

Pros:
  • accurately rated
  • Build Quality
  • Batman style looks
  • color options
  • handles 26mm atomizers
  • Small Size
  • no button rattle, solid built
  • Nice large color screen
  • programmable LEDs
Cons:
  • Power mode performance is inconsistent
  • temp control performance is inconsistent
  • issues reading resistance (resistance drops and drops for no reason)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not? I don’t like to do the hard yes or no, this one is going to be a hard no though. It seems like a firmware issue though and maybe the mod isn’t fully finished yet as there is even a “theme 2 coming soon” option in the menu, but still i can only review what’s in my hand, and this one has issues with reading resistance causing ti to perform inconsistent. Reminds me of the performance of the Wismec RX mods which is pretty bad, hence the easy no. it’s a shame because Vaptio was quietly making some really good products up until this mod, hopefully they get the issue fixed for their next mod. Obviously I won’t be adding this to my sheet. There is a much better mod named the bat however that did come out this year from OBS on my sheet, so please don’t confuse those 2.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Vaptio

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors