Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Vaporesso Nexus AIO Kit Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Vaporesso Nexus AIO Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Vaporesso Nexus AIO Kit is latest beginner/stealth AIO from vaporesso which is the style that is hot right now in vaping as many companies are making them. Vaporesso decided to take it a little further this time with a new temp control feature where you can adjust the temperature of your vape. It’s an AIO but not a pod system as you can’t remove a pod to refill ro clean it. It’s built directly into the device itself. It’s available in 8 colors Silver, Black, Orange, Blue, Green, Purple, Ruby, and Dark Blue. It’s available online in the 20 USD price range.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimensions: 34 x 17.2 x 85.7mm (D x W x H)
  • Construction: Zinc Alloy, Glass
  • Draw Activated Firing
  • Output wattage: 7-12W
  • Charging Current: 1A
  • Refillable Pod / Cartridge System
  • Capacity: 2ml
  • Battery: 650mAh Internal Cell
  • Adjustable Airflow Control
  • 8 Second Cut Off
  • External ON/OFF Button
  • Passthrough
  • LED Battery Indicator
  • Streamlined Portable Design
  • Auto Temperature Control
  • Low Liquid Detection
Included in box:
  • 1 x Nexus Ultra Portable AIO System
  • 1 x 1.0 ohm NX CCELL Coil (Pre-Installed)
  • 1 x 1.0 ohm NX CCELL Coil
  • 1 x Micro USB Cable
  • 1 x User Manual
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Vaporesso nexus is short flat style AIO (all in one) kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does not have replaceable pods so you can’t carry spares. The tank is non removable and built into the the device itself. It’s pretty small though and a nice size for this kind of vape. I have some comparison pictures in the album above. There is adjustable air which is nice and It has a loose MTL draw to a tight MTL draw depending on your setting. It’s also pretty close to a restricted DTL draw fully wide open. It has a good capacity of 2 ml and barely uses much juice at all. The battery is listed at 650 mah so a little on the small side for an AIo like this but due to i’s small size overall it’s acceptable. It features built in USB charging listed at 1A and charges in about 45 minutes. It also features Pass Through Vaping while charging. The drip tip is proprietary but very comfy. It has a wide flat duckbill like shape.

It has 1 LED Light on it. The light is on the bottom and easy to see and somewhat bright. It has a few functions to it as well. When vaping it’ll tell you the charge of the battery. White is 70% to full, Yellow is 30-70%, and red is less than 30%. It also is used for the temp control function which i’ll explain shortly in the how to use it section. Filling the device is very easy, just pull off the drip tip which is easier to get off then the beta. Seems like they changed the orings on it. You can grab it from the sides where the air comes in but it would have been nice to have texture to grip and easier. Then pull out the large rubber plug and fill through the fill hole.

Usage is fairly easy but has a lot of options, The LED is also the only button on the device. 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off. inhale to vape, There is no fire button option it’s only a draw activated fire. It’s worked for me every time no misfires. Holding down the button lets you know what mode you are in for temp and while they call it temp control it’s really just adjusting the power output. To adjust press the button 3 times and it’ll cycle each time you do that. White is for high temp (12.5 watts) yellow is medium (10.5 watts) and red is low (9 watts). You also don’t need to turn it off, since it’s draw activated. I never really turned mine off persoanlly. There is no plug for the mouthpiece. It would have been nice to include a cap for it when you pocket it. The juice level is also easy to see through the cutouts on the front and back of the device. The tank is clear so it’s not tinted making it hard to see.

One more thing to note, the manual lists some protections and such. Short circuit, Low voltage, over vaping, low battery, overcharging protection, and no juice protection.

Coil Performance and details
The kit comes with 2 coils. Both are the same 1 ohm 7-12 watt ccell coils. There is a non ccell 1 ohm coil as well available but i didn’t receive one. Also note ccell coils ae ceramic which some vapers tend to avoid. Performance wise sadly this is the main issue for me. Even when turned all the way up to high and air really low it’s a very cool almost flavorless vape. I have a beta one too which performed a little better but the flavor in this device even for the type of device it is, is pretty lacking. Vaporesso makes some pretty nice stuff but across the board their one weak point is their coil performance. I’d really like to see them improve in that area

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • Color Options
  • Simple looks
  • Low Juice Consumption
  • great for beginners due to ease of use
  • easy to fill
  • passthrough vaping
  • easy to see juice level
  • adjustable output
  • battery meter
  • really small size
  • fast charging
  • adjustable air
  • good capacity (2 ml)
  • Price point (MSRP 24.99)
Cons:
  • coil performance
  • no replaceable pods
  • mouthpiece could be easier to remove
  • no cap for mouthpiece
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this AIO or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one is going to lean towards the no. It’s a solid device but the coil performance is really the killer here. It’s one area vaporesso needs to improve on for sure. I won’t be adding this to my list but hopefully it’s a good stepping stone for a better device in the future. I like the idea of temp control in a beginner AIO. If they had some better coils and SS316 ones and real temp control in an AIO device with removable pod, that could be just killer. Maybe in the future someday?

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from vaporesso

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors