Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Rincoe Manto Kit With Metis Tank Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Rincoe Manto Kit With Metis Tank. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. This is an early sample version but i didn’t notice any difference in the retail release when i seen them

Introduction:
The Rincoe Manto Kit is a kit that contains their First mod the Manto, paired with their First Tank the Metis tank. Rincoe is a new company in vaping that started this year. Their first release was the ceto pod system. The Manto is a dual 18650 mod rated at 228 watts and is styled similar to a charo mini or vaporesso polar but more rounded with a large full color screen but more rounded. Looking around i see the mod itself online for around 40-50 USD and the kit version for around 60 USD so pretty standard price point. It’s available in 5 colors Red, Blue, SS, Black, and Rainbow. All colors are black on the front and back and colored in the middle. All colors include a matching Metis Tank

Manufacturer's Specs: Mod
  • Dimensions: 3-7/16" x 1-13/16" x 1-1/8"
  • 510 Threaded
  • Wattage Output: 1.0 - 228.0w
  • Variable Temperature Control : Nickel 200 / Titanium / Stainless Steel / TCR
  • Temperature Control Range: 100 - 315C / 200 - 600F
  • Resistance Range: 0.05 - 3.5ohm for Temperature Control Mode
  • Resistance Range: 0.08 - 5.0ohm for Variable Wattage Mode
  • Instant Firing Speed: Approximately 0.002 Seconds
  • 3D User Interface
  • 2.0" TFT Color Display Screen
  • IML Panel
  • Zinc Alloy Construction
  • Magnetic Battery Door Cover
  • Requires (2) 18650 High Amp Batteries (Sold Separately)
  • Front Micro USB Charging Port
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • Reverse Polarity Protection
  • Short Circuit Protection
Manufacturer's Specs: Tank
  • Size: 25mm*41.3mm
  • Tank capacity: 6ml
  • Coil: Mesh coil (0.15ohm), Hive coil (0.15ohm)
  • 810 Drip Tip
  • Thread: 510
  • Material: Resin, Stainless Steel, Quartz bubble glass
Included in box:
  • 1 Manto 228W Mod
  • 1 Metis sub ohm tank
  • 1 USB charging cable
  • 1 0.15ohm mesh coil
  • 1 Spare parts
  • 1 Warranty card
  • 2 User manual
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, it immediately reminded me of the revenger mods but with a nicer larger screen which i like a lot. It’s also very similar to the smoant charon mini and vaporesso polar in size, shape, design, screen etc. but more rounded. Also i got a rainbow one and i love the coloring on it. The screen and layout is really nicely done and easy to navigate. The metis tank is a pretty standard sub ohm tank and is compatible with baby beast styled coils as well. Overall I really liked this kit from the start

Watt Mode Performance (chart and spreadsheet in picture album)
Now let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. I used Sony VTC5A batteries for the testing. Testing resistances were done at .12, .15, .2, and .62 ohms. wattage points were max (228), 200, 150, 100, 75, 50 and 25. At .12 ohms it maxed out at 178 watts and 39 amps. For the rest of the testing it was a little on the low side 1-6 watts. Pretty accurate at such a low resistance where many mods struggle At .15 it maxed out at 207 watts. The rest were pretty good within 1 watt except 200 where it did 207 and 25 where it was 2 watts high. For the .2 test it maxed out at 193 watts. Again pretty good but a little on the high side 1-3 watts except at 150 where it was 5 high. For the .62 testing it maxed out at 85 watts and 7.258 volts. For the rest of the testing 1-5 watts high. The volts shows there is no boost circuit in this mod like most dual 18650 mods although it is nice when a mod has one.

Overall I felt the performance of this mod was pretty good. It didn’t really struggle with the .12 ohm build which was surprising I was able to get 178 watts at that resistance. It mostly hits slightly high. I was able to get 207 watts max, so I consider it to be accurately rated at 228 watts. It’s close enough and does over 200 and could have maybe gotten a little more had i tested a .17 ohm build. The 7.258 volt limit shows there is no boost circuit. Their manual lists the max Volts at 8V so it’s a pretty accurate rating but a little overrated IMO. They list an amp limit on this mod of 50A. The most i got was 39 with a .12 ohm coil which is average for a dual battery 18650 mod but way short of the listed spec. They should have listed it at 40. Personally If i was listing the specs I’d call the mod 210 watts, 7.5V and 40A. So overall not bad listings except the amp limit which i feel is way overstated. The mod never got warm when stressing it at 150 or less watts however over 150 it does take on a lot of heat from the atomizer. Not unsafe hot but more than i would feel comfortable with using all the time. Still i don’t recommend vaping over 150 watts on a dual battery mod and make sure to always use 20a CDR batteries or higher. For people’s normal vaping habits and the safe limits the mod won’t run hot. The mod also fires very fast and the preheats all work correctly.

Simplified TLDR Power Performance summary
Mod performance is really good. Mostly hits just a few watts off on the high side. Accurately rated for watts (207), No boost circuit, average amp limit of 39 but falls short of the 50A listed. Volts tested at 7.258 so a little short of the 8V listed. Pre-heats work as they should.

Temperature Control Performance
Using SS316 wire in TCR mode with a TCR of 92, I tested 6 builds. 1 simple round single coil, 1 simple round dual Coil, 2 large fancy single coils builds, and 2 large fancy dual coil builds. The mod has full adjustable watts and full adjustable TCR in TCR mode but no adjustable TCR in preset TC modes like SS, Ni200, and Ti. With that said in TCR mode the TC was surprisingly good. I wasn’t expecting much from a new companies first mod but I had no issues at all. It was always consistent, smooth throttle, no dry hits and a warm vape in the 420-460F range. No complaints there at all. I liked it so much I didn’t bother to use the pre-set SS mode too much but it does hit hotter than TCR mode so i assume it has a higher TCR setting and just stuck in TCR mode instead. Adjusting the temp also changes the ramp up and is easy to do. Overall pretty impressed and a good mod for TC

Other Usage Notes
The mod uses a standard 5 click to turn on and off. The menu system is good and easy to navigate. Really well laid out and simple to use. 3 clicks takes you to the menu and you can choose from VW mode or TC mode or settings. In VW mode you have 4 preheat options min, normal, high, and max. In TC mode you have 3 preset options Nickel, Ti, and SS as well as TCR. Use fire to select when in the menu. Selecting TCR prompts you to set the TCR value while any other selection locks in the mode and takes you back to the home screen. In settings you can set the screen brightness, the screen timeout, and the color for the screen as well as reset the puff counter. It does a good job of having all the options you need without being overbearing or over complicated although a watt curve mode would have been nice to have as well. When in TC mode you can hold minus and fire to adjust the wattage or plus and fire (TCR only) to adjust the TCR. Holding plus and minus locks the adjustment buttons but you can still fire.

The Rincoe Manto adjusts by .1 watt increments under 100 watts and full watt increments 100 or more, not a bad setup overall. It also does round robin wattage which is nice. The mod itself is built solid with no rattle at all, and has a good weight. Feels solid but not heavy. The Battery door is a standard magnetic backplate and It’s easy to get batteries in and out without damaging wraps and takes 2 18650 batteries. There is no ribbon in the battery sled but instead the batteries just stick out a little like the charon mini and vaporesso polar so are easy to grab onto and pull out. The battery door is solid metal but also has a coating sticker on the inside which is great and acts as a layer of protection as well

The paint looks nice and doesn't scratch off, and i have no visible wear on mine except on the the bottom. I love the coloring on the Rainbow one. The front and back panels are IML (in-Mould Labeling) which decorates the panels with the design and makes it more resistance to scratching. The fire button is nice and clicky and a good size. It’s a black smooth rectangle similar to the polar mod. It works well and It never gets stuck or anything though which is as it should be. The 510 pin gave me no issues and every atomizer i used on it worked great with no gaps. The mod handles 25mm atomizer flush. Anything bigger will overhang. The 510 is centered and on it’s own round platform. The screen is a Massive size 2 inch color screen that is nice and bright and easy to see. Even in sunlight it’s pretty visible. Love the screen on this thing. This, the charon mini, vaporesso polar, and innokin proton to me are the nicest screens on the market. Also for branding the mod itself is pretty nice overall and not heavily branded. There is a small Rincoe on the front above the screen and small Manto on the bottom on the back.They list 2A charging as well but i don’t recommend charging internally in your mods and I don’t test charge rates.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Rincoe Metis Tank
The kit comes with a Metis tank. They only give you 1 coil with it which is a .15 ohm mesh coil rated for 40-80 watts and it’s cross compatible with “baby beast styled coils” so coils will be easy to come by. Sadly 1 coil included doesn't help much and mine was a bum coil that leaked so couldn’t really judge it at all. They also have a .15 ohm hive option on their site which is funny because i remember calling a similar coil in a different review a honeycomb coil so hive is kind of fitting. They also have a triple mesh and Quad mesh coils. The triple mesh I didn’t get to try much at ECC however the quad mesh I did get to vape at ECC and it was pretty amazing if you can handle high watts. I’ll just copy what i wrote about it in my ECC post. “It’s rated 130-180 watts. I wanted to push it. I pushed it all the way to 200. 200 was too hot but didn’t burn. 180 however was perfect. Best flavor i’ve gotten from any tank. I didn’t want to stop vaping it or give it back. I chain vaped it at 180 watts and it was a little warm and very tasty. Very impressed. I vaped about 10-14 ml of juice in it at 180 watts in a span of 20 mins or so” I’d imagine the triple mesh would be more popular overall though due to the lower watt demands.

The tank itself is a nice capacity 6ml bubble glass tank which is great for a tank. It follows the same design concepts of many sub ohm tanks on the market like the ello duro, smok tanks etc. The coil screws into the base then into the chimney on the top cap. Nothing different or special. The top fill is a standard screw off the top cap to expose 2 large fill holes that can be filled with any bottle or just pouring it in. The threading on this was also very nice. Pretty Standard tank to start with but can't really judge the performance of it to see if it stands out in a crowd until i can more thoroughly use some quad or triple mesh coils from it. But if the quad mesh coils can last and work as good as they did for me at ECC i’d be impressed with the tank. It’s pretty bare as far as accessories go however. The included 810 resin tip is really nice and you get some o-rings and a 510 adapter, however no spare glass is really odd and bad and plus coming with more than 1 coil is a standard they should have met.

Pros:
  • Build Quality of mod
  • build quality of tank
  • tons of color options with matching tank glass
  • Power mode performance
  • Accurately rated for watts
  • good amp limit
  • great menu system
  • batteries are easy to get in and out without damaging wraps
  • full watt adjustment 100+
  • excellent size and color screen
  • large juice capacity in tank (6ml)
  • nice fill method in tank
  • nice fire button
  • centered 510 pin
  • temp control mode was good in TCR
  • nice resin 810 tip on tank and 510 adapter
  • tank compatible with “baby beast” style coils
Cons:
  • Tank lacks basic accessories (spare coil and spare glass)
  • Couldn’t really judge the performance of the coils
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I’ll break it down by section. For the tank itself it’s really to hard to judge since I don’t have any of the best coils to use thoroughly and the 1 coil it came with was a dud. Worst case though if you got the kit is you can use any baby beast style like the vaporesso GT mesh coils and have an average tank but i can't recommended buying one separate until i can test some of their better coils. The mod however leans heavy towards the yes. I really couldn’t find any issues or faults with it. It does lack some features of the charon mini like the watt curve mode but outside that is just as good of a mod as any i’ve reviewed this year and is simple to use without being overbearing and just works. Hard to complain about that. I’ve added only the mod to my list but hopefully i’ll get some triple mesh and quad mesh coils to try out and see if they compare to the best tanks out there.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Rincoe

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors