Anthony Vapes: Liasmo Wyvern 235 Mod Text Review and Tech Test Results

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here

for my honest review of the Laismo Wyvern 235 mod. Disclaimer Wise, none will be needed, I purchased this item myself but i have a funny story in it if you watch the video. Hint it involves a giveaway ;)

Introduction:
The Laismo Wyvern 235 is a 235 watt dual 18650 mod. The design is supposed to be inspired by a ferrari. It features a large bright color screen SS,Ni,Ti, and TCR modes. It’s firmware upgradable and comes in 2 colors. All black and black and red. The name “Wyvern” is a type of creature that is a cross between a dragon with the body of a reptile.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimensions: 85.7mm46mm30mm
  • Output Wattage: 10-235W
  • Output Voltage: 0.5-7.5V
  • Temperature Control : Ni200/Titanium/Stainless Steel/TCR
  • Temperature Control Range: 100-350C/212-662F
  • Resistance Range: 0.05-2.5ohm
  • Battery: 2*18650 high-drain batteries
  • Firmware Upgradeable
  • 1.3” Color Screen
Included in box:
  • 1 x Laismo Wyvern

• 1 x USB Cable

• 1 x Manuals and warranty info
Pictures and test results
Stock Shot Colors:
Laisimo-Wyvern-Mod-12.jpg

Wyvern Pic:
flame_wyvern_by_tyvik-d5s3pgm.jpg

Test Chart:
VtARk43.png

Spreadsheet:
K3qQSgf.png

Screen Info:
9LtYhIy.png

Fire Button:
i0Jbcj2.png

Soft cell cut off: I’m marking at 3.2. Batts were both 3.17 but the mod was firing really weak a little prior to me removing as well

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this mod, I was pretty impressed with the screen. It’s large, colorful, very bright, and has plenty of information that’s not all jammed up. It has a very clean and easy to read UI. I purchased the red personally, and I have to say I love the way it looks. The mod itself is very lightweight. It doesn't have a lot of heft to it. The battery tray is very easy to get on and off and batteries go in and come out easy with minimal chance to tear a wrap. Feature wise, it’s a simple mod that has all your basic mods. Power, Ti, Ni, SS, and 2 TCR settings. Every Time you put on a new atomizer or leave it sitting for a while it’ll ask “new atomizer” then let you go through the menu to select the mode for it. It’s very simple to use and well laid out. I also love the fire button on an angle. It’s a great right handed feel with the way the screen and fire button is if you like to thumb fire like me.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. Resistances for this mod’s testing were done at .1, .14, .19 and .53 for the high resistance test. The mod read resistance stabile (locks in resistance not live resistance) and pretty accurate. About .01 lower usually which is more then ok. The wattage testing points were max watts (235) 175, 150, 100, 75, 50 and 25. At .1 ohms the mod maxed out at 136 watts due to the amp limit of 37 which is in line with most dual battery mods (usually around 35-40) the rest of the testing it ran 3-9 watts high depending on the settings. At the .14 test it maxe dotu at 182 and ran 3-10 watts high depending on the setting. For the .19 test it maxed out at 183 and ran 6-14 watts high. For the high resistance test of .59 it maxed out at 97 watts and 7.153 volts. For the rest of the testing it was 5-13 watts high. My max wattage overall was 183 not close to the 235 promised. The last lasimo i tested (snow wolf 200 plus) also claimed 235 watts but maxed out around 200. It’s possible with a resistance between the .14 and .19 (likely .17) it could reach around that 200 mark but it’s going to fall well short of the 235 spec. The max amps (37) is right in line with most dual battery mods as is the 7.153 volts which falls a little short of the 7.5 spec but close enough IMO and in line with most dual battery mods. The mod makes really fast adjustments which is nice during testing. The watts moves really fast when adjusting them.

The mod never got hot, it got a little warm at max wattage testing but overall one of the cooler running mods out there. There is more than meets the eye on this mod however. The output signal is really shakey. It’s consistent but not smooth. Also on long puffs (around the 3-3.5 second mark) it’s output begins to dip, almost like temp control would or a watt curve setting. So even though the mod technically hits high, overall it feels like a weaker hitting mod especially when taking long puffs. In general you’ll want to set your mod a few watts higher. It feels like a weaker hitting mod when using it. Overall I wasn’t impressed with the watt mode performance. It wasn’t terrible, but i’d consider it just “passable”

Temperature Control
Using SS wire in SS316 mode, Overall i was very impressed with this mods ability to do temp control. It handled every build I throw at it, however with really massive builds the ramp up wasn’t as good as i expected regardless of the watt setting. Also if you set the watts to high it has some sort of extra anti-dry hit protection that shuts it down. So you’ll want to set an appropriate wattage for your build, don’t just use max wattage for instant ramp up, it won’t work. I generally found about 20-30 watts higher than you would use in watt mode as the best range. Temp wise it feels very accurate. 420-480 is best depending how hot you like to vape. Even turning it up to 600 wont’ burn your cotton or give dry hits. I’m really impressed with it’s ability to prevent dry hits. The throttle is smooth and works well. It’s just a great vape in temp control with lots of room for error for people just getting into temp control.

Other Usage Notes
The fire button position plus the front screen makes it really comfortable for right handed thumb fire vapers like myself. It feels very natural in the hand. It’s a pretty small size, similar to the alien. It can handle 25mm atomizers without overhang but any more will overhang. The 510 pin is designed very well and will give no issues with any atomizer. It’s secured from the inside, the chip is grounded off on the negative and it has a ton of throw to it. It’s one of the best 510 pins I’ve seen on a mod. The battery sled itself has the “clip style” battery contacts and make getting batteries in and out easy with minimal chance to damage a wrap. The battery ribbon is really long and can easily wrap around both batteries. The Battery door is held in place by a bottom clip and magnets. It’s easy to take off by sliding down 1st and easy to get on. There is no rattle with the door or buttons. For such a light mod, it feels really well built. I wouldn’t call it a mod that can handle a ton of drops however. The screen is super bright and large and easy to read, even in sunlight. The menu system is very simple and easy to use. Every Time you put on a new atomizer it senses it and allows you to select new or old. If you select new it goes into the menu automatically for you to select the mode. Much like the snow wolf 200 plus however if you leave it sitting or when you replace batteries it’ll ask new atomizer upon powering up again.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Overall Impressions
Overall i was pretty happy with my purchase of this mod. Cheap mods that do a good temp control are few and far between. The huge color screen is a nice touch to make it look more expensive than it as, as is the overall design of the mod. The menu system is clean and easy to use as is the UI. I don’t foresee people having any issues learning this mod. It’s light and easy to pocket. The mod feels like a weak hitter but it’s not the first mod to feel like that and won’t be the last. I wish the wattage output was better, I was annoyed how short it fell of the 235 promised but same goes for their snow wolf 200 plus. I wish it was labeled as a 200 watt mod, it would have made me feel better personally about how it tested out. Still as cheap as it is to provide a good temp control and have an excellent 510 pin and large color screen makes it seem like it’s worth much more.

Pros:
  • Large Bright Color Screen
  • Temp Mode Performance
  • Battery Tray and Battery Door
  • Excellent quality 510 pin
  • Looks and style
  • Fire button placement
  • Price
  • Simple and easy to use
Cons:
  • Ramp up in temp control could be better

• Watt mode performance

• Falls way short of the 235 watt spec
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod? I don’t do hard yes or no and this one was super tough for me to peg. I’m gonna lean ti a bit towards the yes but i’ll tell you why. My only issue is it SHOULD perform better IMO in watt mode, however it’s temp control performance is really good especially for such a cheap mod. It’s well built, great 510 pin, has a nice large color screen, and easy to use. It’s hard for me to lean no. Usually mods will be good for watts mode but not temp control. This is was first mod I considered adding to my sheet as a temp control mid range option but not as a watt mode device as i feel there are better options. So I polled some friends and they said that it should lean towards the yes but with the caveat of it’s not great in watts mode and really not great if you want to vape high watts. In the same sense since most of us use 20 amp batteries i Don’t recommend vaping over 150 anyway and this mod will generally cover that. Also personally I purchased the mod and I'm very happy with it and I think anyone that does as well will be happy with it. It’s a much better mod than most people are vaping on and everyone i know who has one is happy with it. Plus the 510 isn’t going to break and it’s not going to just brick on you from what i can tell which is sadly a step up from most mods lately.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it. It has 3 tabs one for juice, one for mods, and 1 for attys

I want to thank you guys for reading (or watching or both). There is a running contest to win one of these ending 08-06-17 watch the video on youtube for more info.
This is anthony vapes and i’m just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on the next review. Tomorrow will be the Vapresso Tarot Pro 160 watt mod, Wednesday will be the vapeston maganus cloud blaster sub ohm tank, and Friday will be an info video about battery life in regulated mods. Also remember that an open mind is one that is willing to learn. Always be open and willing to learn and not set in your ways, that is the only way to advance knowledge. There are a lot of really smart people here and we can all learn from each other to build the best and most informed community in vaping :) Also if there is anything you’d like reviewed, please let me know. I do my best to try and review stuff people want to see and even though I get sent stuff for review, I still spend plenty of money on stuff myself. For example I purchased a serpent SMM recently because a lot of people wanted me to do a review on it. I can’t purchase and review everything as my process is quite long, But i do my best to give people want they want.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great review as always mate

Looks to be a good performer in the 80-120w range mate, goes bit haywire after that you were right to call it out on power mode I think

VU Sponsors