Anthony Vapes: Joyetech Cuboid Tap Kit Text Review and Tech Test

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here

for my honest review of the Joyetech Cuboid Tap Kit. Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for the purpose of this review from healthcabin.net That will in no way shape or form affect my opinion.

Introduction:
The Cuboid Tap kit comes with a ProCore Aries Tank. The mod itself is a 228 watt mod. It’s available in 5 colors Silver, black, blue, red, and yellow. Each come with a matching tank and a different artwork that matches the color. The reason it’s called the tap is it uses touch button instead of normal buttons.

Manufacturers Specs:
Size: 28.0mm41.0mm134.0mm

Colors: silver, black, red, yellow, blue

Weight: 174.5g (with coil, without cell)

Aries capacity: 4.0ml

Output mode: Power/Clock/Temp (Ni, Ti, SS316)/TCR (M1/M2/M3)/USB Charge mode

Applicable heads: ProC series heads

Features: TAPTECTM, pressure-sensitive, vibration motor, 2A QC,power bank, preheat, custom logo, real-time clock

Output range: 1-228W

Depth of 510 pins applicable: 4.0-5.5mm

Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm under Temp/TCR mode

0.1-3.5ohm under Power/Clock mode

Temperature control: 100-315 degree C/ 200-600 degree F

(continuous discharge current 25A) Max charging current: 2.0A

Max output current: 50A

Testing Results
Product Image
CUBOID-TAP-with-ProCore-Aries-10.jpg

Spreadsheet:
TG3Wxhm.png

Soft Cell cutoff. I'm going to call it 3.3V per battery as they were at 3.28 and 3.30 when the check battery popped up.

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this mod, My initial impressions was It looks like a smaller version of the captain, but since it’s like the original cuboid i guess it’s better to say the captain is like a bigger version of the cuboid. None the less it’s a square-ish shaped mod with rounded edges. The paint job is really nice on it and it features only 1 side fire button. The rest of the “buttons” are touch sensitive. Over the course of using the mod however the tap buttons have degraded and are getting harder and harder to use.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. I found it very hard to test this mod and in the end had to give up. I started out with the .11 228 watt test and it wouldn’t fire long enough for e to get a reading 3-5 seconds. It cut off at about .5 seconds each time and overheated. I dropped it down to 200 and got the same result. The fire button was really hot to the touch and the mod itself was really hot as well. I still wanted to get a result so i decided to just test 150 and lower. I let it cool off and started my test again after it cooled. It actually performed pretty good hitting 1-6 watts high across the board. Output was smooth and consistent. Then I went to do the .15 testing and the still overheated. My 1st and 3rd tests at 150 and .15 resistance the mod shut down again. At this point i stopped the testing giving it a fail. Also the buttons really suck for making adjustments.

Temperature Control
Using SS wire in SS mode, I used a few different builds, I never tested it formally since it failed the watt testing, but my impressions were it was far too inconsistent to give a good vape. It did work pretty well at times but then out of nowhere it would suddenly not fire much or get hot enough to burn cotton. Overall since it’s too inconsistent, it gets a fail from me

Procore Aries Performance
The procore aires tank is a standard design. It has screw in coils with 5 options. The only options in the kit are the C1 and C4. The top fill is really nice where you slide the top back and it springs open and shows the fill holes. The tip is proprietary and isn’t replaceable with standard 510 tips. The C1 Coil i used 1st. It sucked, had no flavor produced decent vapor and burned out in 3 days. The C4 coil didn’t fare much better flavor was still pretty poor and it started to get burned out in about 3-4 days. Overall nothing about this tank impressed me. It’s on the poorer side for mini sub ohm tanks.

Overall Impressions
Not really impressed with anything on this kit. The mod itself was actually the best performer of a joyetech mod i’ve tested but that isn’t a high bar. Still it overheated and ran too hot for my liking. The touch buttons don’t work very well either. It’s a nice looking mod and comfortable and i didn’t disassemble it as I had no need to due to its poor performance. The Tank didn’t fare any better, the coils don’t produce any good flavor and don’t last very long. It’s one of the worst sub ohm tanks i’ve used

Pros: (mod)
  • Looks and Paint
  • Matching Tank
  • Color Options
Pros: (tank)
  • Color Options
  • Top Fill
  • No Leaks
Cons: (mod)
  • Touch buttons suck
  • Run too hot and overheated
  • Shut down on temp during testing
  • Temp control is inconsistent
Cons: (Tank)
  • .4 coil was terrible
  • .15 coil wasn’t very good either
  • Small capacity
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this Kit? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this one leans heavily towards the No. Starting off with the mod i will say it’s the best joyetech one i’ve tested and had it not overheated or had the bad touch buttons it probably would have gotten a yes. I’m not sure what they were trying to accomplish here but they failed pretty hard. The tank was pretty poor as well, probably the worst sub ohm tank i’ve used. Not really the tank itself but the coils which is the most important part. The Procore Aries tank gets a hard no from me. Neither of the products will be making my spreadsheet

Feel free to subscribe to my channel to see all my reviews and receive notifications when they get posted.

As always I am Anthony Vapes and I’m just keeping it Honest, Hopefully you all can say you are doing the same and I’ll see you on the next review

Again another big thanks to www.healthcabin.net for providing me with the kit for review.

And even though I can't recommend this kit they do have some killer deals going on

Ijoy Maxo Zenith Mod $22.99 : http://www.healthcabin.net/ijoy-maxo-zenith-300w-vv-box-mod-p/12995.html

Cuboid Tap Link: http://www.healthcabin.net/joyetech-cuboid-tap-228w-kit-with-procore-aries-tank-p/14340.html

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Lol it's insane they haven't recalled it yet

It's disgusting I'm appalled they just tried to push a firmware update out as if that's ok they should have asked all retailers to contact customers who purchased that product and offer to replace with a different device up to the same value except the predator of course

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It's disgusting I'm appalled they just tried to push a firmware update out as if that's ok they should have asked all retailers to contact customers who purchased that product and offer to replace with a different device up to the same value except the predator of course
yeah and firmware can't fix the hardware issues

VU Sponsors