Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Joyetech ATOPACK Dolphin Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the joyetech atopack dolphin. Disclaimer: this product was sent to me for the purpose of this review

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies on some to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The Joyetech ATOPACK Dolphin is the latest AIO pod system from joyetech. It features a large 6ml capacity refillable pod so you can use your own juice. It comes with a sub ohm coil at .25 ohms and a MTL coil at 1.2 ohms. It’s a non adjustable output rated at 50 watts max. It features a built in non replaceable 2100mah battery and is available in 5 colors orange, black, white, yellow, and blue all with the black pod and fire button. There is 5 LEDs on the front that act as the battery life indicator

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Size: 100.0mm50.0mm31.0mm
  • Weight: 91.0g
  • Cartridge capacity: 2ml/6ml
  • Battery capacity: 2100mAh
  • Max charging current: 2A
  • Colors: black, white, orange, blue, yellow
  • Output mode: direct output (Max: 50W)
  • Features: dolphin-like appearance, JVIC system, mouth-to-lung,
  • direct-lung, easy refilling, transparent tank, 2A quick charge
Included in box:
  • 1 ATOPACK DOLPHIN battery
  • 1 ATOPACK DOLPHIN cartridge
  • 1 ATOPACK coil ( JVIC3 1.2ohm)
  • 1 ATOPACK coil ( JVIC2 0.25ohm)
  • 1 QC USB cable
  • 1 Quick start
  • 1 Warranty card
  • 1 Warning card
  • Spare parts
Pictures
Stock Shot colors:
ATOPACK_DOLPHIN_01.png

Stock Shot Filling:
ATOPACK_DOLPHIN_08.png

Size Comparisons

7WCbLCr.jpg)

iwiN5AP.jpg

Broken Down

reZhUYJ.jpg

jeXpiWG.jpg

Box and contents:
5yF283f.jpg

Features and usage
This is a pod kit that is typically aimed for new vapers looking to quit smoking so 1st thing i did is check the manual. The manual is really good and also easily available on their site if one was to lose it so have to give them credit for that. It explains the simple operations and the features. I’ve seen reviews where people mistakenly said the pod was hard to remove. It’s user error so i want to clear that up. It’s very easy to remove. There is a locking mechanism on the front so to remove it all you have to do is push back on the pod and it unlocks it and pops it out. Putting it back in is easy as it’s guided on rails so just line them up. The Pod itself has an easy to fill large fill port with a rubber plug. Just open the plug and fill it up. The pod is tinted however so it can be hard to see the juice level in lower lights. The have a sticker on the pod to label the juice inside of it if you have multiple pods. The fire button is large and sits flush with the body and is nice and clicky.

There are 5 white LEDs on the front that display battery level. The USB is on the front and the LEDs will turn off after charging is full. It’s a very light and comfortable set up and easy to pocket. It follows the 5 clicks on and off like most mods. The pod is easy to wash out. The bottom has a silicon cover that you can remove to rinse the whole pod out to clean it. The coils load in from the bottom and go into the silicon cover. The entire body is plastic and smooth. Overall i found it has all the features you’d want and the size and comfort that should make most people happy as well as being easy to use.

Performance
The Dolphin has 2 coil options a 1.2 ohm MTL and a .25 ohm DTL coil. The coil design is a pretty smart one. It sits at the bottom of the pod with the wick hole always under the juice so you can run the pod all the way dry before refilling and the wick holes are large enough that even with the 1.2 coil i was able to use a 70/30 (VG/PG) juice, but of course you can use 50/50 or 60/40 as well. 80%VG is a bit too much though. The airflow makes a “U” like flow where the input is above the fire button but on the pod it travels through the coil then out of the back and up the top to the mouthpiece. The coil uses standard wire (I assume kanthal as they don’t specify) and cotton but is housed in a ceramic housing. The whole design leads to the vape always being cool. It never produces a warm vape with either coil. The air isn’t adjustable but you can put a finger over the holes if you want to close some off, but i didn’t find it necessary. Included is a reduced size mouthpiece via a silicon cover that goes over the mouthpiece to use with the MTL coil. Honestly I didn’t think it made any difference anyway so opted not to use it most of the time. Had it not been for doing a review i would have used it once and threw it away.

Coil wise i found the .25 coil to give really good flavor for a pod system. I’ve preferred it to all the pod systems i’ve tried including the mi one which i used the joyetech BF coils in as well. I was able to vape on that coil for 10 days and it was still like new so coil life is great as well. I believe most people will be able to get 2 weeks out of them. I used 70/30 only in it. It provided a nice restrictive DTL hit. With the 1.2 coil the flavor wasn’t as good as the .25 but it wasn’t bad for what it is. The draw is more restricted than the ,25 but not a true MTL where the draw is tight. It was more of a really restrictive lung hit. Even covering up 1 air hole and using the silicon smaller mouthpiece adapter didn’t give it a MTL tight draw. Still even after 10 days the coil was still performing like new so i believe most people will get at least 2 weeks on one coil as well. Overall it’s a nice little performer that isn't going to overwhelm a new vaper with its output and you can take long draws on both coils. Coil life is good and should last most people a full day on one charge.

Pros:
  • 6ml capacity refillable pod
  • Looks and size
  • Coil Life and performance
  • 2100mah battery capacity
  • Price point (around 30 bucks)
  • easy to use
Cons:
  • no true MTL option
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this pod or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no but this one leans very heavy towards the yes. It’s one of the best pod systems i’ve used and i couldn’t find much to complain about with it. It’s simple it works i can use my own juice and it has a large capacity. I prefer this to the mi-one personally. I think it’ll make a great stealth vape system and a good system to get people off cigs for beginners. I’ll be adding this to my spreadsheet in the AIO section.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank Joyetech for sending me this for the purpose of this review.

I have no affiliation with these sites but here are the cheapest i found for sites i’ve used and trust before.

China: Fastech: here https://www.fasttech.com/products/3099/10012927/9435701-authentic-joyetech-atopack-dolphin-2100mah-e for 23.93

USA: Vaporbeast: here https://www.vaporbeast.com/devices/joyetech-atopack-dolphin-kit.html For 28.49

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the joyetech atopack dolphin. Disclaimer: this product was sent to me for the purpose of this review

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies on some to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The Joyetech ATOPACK Dolphin is the latest AIO pod system from joyetech. It features a large 6ml capacity refillable pod so you can use your own juice. It comes with a sub ohm coil at .25 ohms and a MTL coil at 1.2 ohms. It’s a non adjustable output rated at 50 watts max. It features a built in non replaceable 2100mah battery and is available in 5 colors orange, black, white, yellow, and blue all with the black pod and fire button. There is 5 LEDs on the front that act as the battery life indicator

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Size: 100.0mm50.0mm31.0mm
  • Weight: 91.0g
  • Cartridge capacity: 2ml/6ml
  • Battery capacity: 2100mAh
  • Max charging current: 2A
  • Colors: black, white, orange, blue, yellow
  • Output mode: direct output (Max: 50W)
  • Features: dolphin-like appearance, JVIC system, mouth-to-lung,
  • direct-lung, easy refilling, transparent tank, 2A quick charge
Included in box:
  • 1 ATOPACK DOLPHIN battery
  • 1 ATOPACK DOLPHIN cartridge
  • 1 ATOPACK coil ( JVIC3 1.2ohm)
  • 1 ATOPACK coil ( JVIC2 0.25ohm)
  • 1 QC USB cable
  • 1 Quick start
  • 1 Warranty card
  • 1 Warning card
  • Spare parts
Pictures
Stock Shot colors:
ATOPACK_DOLPHIN_01.png

Stock Shot Filling:
ATOPACK_DOLPHIN_08.png

Size Comparisons

7WCbLCr.jpg)

iwiN5AP.jpg

Broken Down

reZhUYJ.jpg

jeXpiWG.jpg

Box and contents:
5yF283f.jpg

Features and usage
This is a pod kit that is typically aimed for new vapers looking to quit smoking so 1st thing i did is check the manual. The manual is really good and also easily available on their site if one was to lose it so have to give them credit for that. It explains the simple operations and the features. I’ve seen reviews where people mistakenly said the pod was hard to remove. It’s user error so i want to clear that up. It’s very easy to remove. There is a locking mechanism on the front so to remove it all you have to do is push back on the pod and it unlocks it and pops it out. Putting it back in is easy as it’s guided on rails so just line them up. The Pod itself has an easy to fill large fill port with a rubber plug. Just open the plug and fill it up. The pod is tinted however so it can be hard to see the juice level in lower lights. The have a sticker on the pod to label the juice inside of it if you have multiple pods. The fire button is large and sits flush with the body and is nice and clicky.

There are 5 white LEDs on the front that display battery level. The USB is on the front and the LEDs will turn off after charging is full. It’s a very light and comfortable set up and easy to pocket. It follows the 5 clicks on and off like most mods. The pod is easy to wash out. The bottom has a silicon cover that you can remove to rinse the whole pod out to clean it. The coils load in from the bottom and go into the silicon cover. The entire body is plastic and smooth. Overall i found it has all the features you’d want and the size and comfort that should make most people happy as well as being easy to use.

Performance
The Dolphin has 2 coil options a 1.2 ohm MTL and a .25 ohm DTL coil. The coil design is a pretty smart one. It sits at the bottom of the pod with the wick hole always under the juice so you can run the pod all the way dry before refilling and the wick holes are large enough that even with the 1.2 coil i was able to use a 70/30 (VG/PG) juice, but of course you can use 50/50 or 60/40 as well. 80%VG is a bit too much though. The airflow makes a “U” like flow where the input is above the fire button but on the pod it travels through the coil then out of the back and up the top to the mouthpiece. The coil uses standard wire (I assume kanthal as they don’t specify) and cotton but is housed in a ceramic housing. The whole design leads to the vape always being cool. It never produces a warm vape with either coil. The air isn’t adjustable but you can put a finger over the holes if you want to close some off, but i didn’t find it necessary. Included is a reduced size mouthpiece via a silicon cover that goes over the mouthpiece to use with the MTL coil. Honestly I didn’t think it made any difference anyway so opted not to use it most of the time. Had it not been for doing a review i would have used it once and threw it away.

Coil wise i found the .25 coil to give really good flavor for a pod system. I’ve preferred it to all the pod systems i’ve tried including the mi one which i used the joyetech BF coils in as well. I was able to vape on that coil for 10 days and it was still like new so coil life is great as well. I believe most people will be able to get 2 weeks out of them. I used 70/30 only in it. It provided a nice restrictive DTL hit. With the 1.2 coil the flavor wasn’t as good as the .25 but it wasn’t bad for what it is. The draw is more restricted than the ,25 but not a true MTL where the draw is tight. It was more of a really restrictive lung hit. Even covering up 1 air hole and using the silicon smaller mouthpiece adapter didn’t give it a MTL tight draw. Still even after 10 days the coil was still performing like new so i believe most people will get at least 2 weeks on one coil as well. Overall it’s a nice little performer that isn't going to overwhelm a new vaper with its output and you can take long draws on both coils. Coil life is good and should last most people a full day on one charge.

Pros:
  • 6ml capacity refillable pod
  • Looks and size
  • Coil Life and performance
  • 2100mah battery capacity
  • Price point (around 30 bucks)
  • easy to use
Cons:
  • no true MTL option
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this pod or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no but this one leans very heavy towards the yes. It’s one of the best pod systems i’ve used and i couldn’t find much to complain about with it. It’s simple it works i can use my own juice and it has a large capacity. I prefer this to the mi-one personally. I think it’ll make a great stealth vape system and a good system to get people off cigs for beginners. I’ll be adding this to my spreadsheet in the AIO section.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank Joyetech for sending me this for the purpose of this review.

I have no affiliation with these sites but here are the cheapest i found for sites i’ve used and trust before.

China: Fastech: here https://www.fasttech.com/products/3099/10012927/9435701-authentic-joyetech-atopack-dolphin-2100mah-e for 23.93

USA: Vaporbeast: here https://www.vaporbeast.com/devices/joyetech-atopack-dolphin-kit.html For 28.49
Nice review.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I tried this out myself as the local vape shop has it out for sample. The little fucker Chucks for real. I wouldn't ever but it, it's not my kind of vape very very cool vape with no throat hit. All I'm saying, is for 50 Watts Max it does it's job. Plain and simple.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors