Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Ijoy Capo 100w 20700 Sqounk Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here Today with my review of the Ijoy Capo 100w 20700 kit Disclaimer: This product was sent to me from heavengifts.com

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Ijoy Capo 100w 20700 Sqounk Kit
Introduction:
The Ijoy Capo 100w 20700 squonk kit is Ijoys first attempt to hit the sqounk market with a regulated sqounk mod. The kit i received came with an included 20700 ijoy 5 leg battery not the worse off 4 leg battery. They have a couple of versions, the version i received came with the ijoy combo RDA triangle in matching color. The kit is available in 6 colors, Black, Green, rainbow, gun, SS, and gold. Each with a black body and colored trim. The gold and green come with an ultem combo RDA while the other 4 colors match.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Size: 78.2mm (Height) x 52.3mm (Width) x 30mm (Thickness) x 25mm (Diameter)
  • Tank capacity: 9ml
  • Max wattage: 100W
  • Resistance range: 0.05 - 3.0 ohm
  • Suitable tank: no overhang with 26 mm tanks
  • Battery type: 21700, 20700, 18650
Included in box:
  • 1x IJOY CAPO SQUONK BOX MOD
  • 1x 20700 battery cell
  • 1x 18650 adapter
  • 1x COMBO RDA Triangle
  • 1x Squonk Bottle
  • 1x Accessory bag
  • 1x USB Cable
  • 1x Manual
  • 1x Warranty Card
Pictures and test results
Chart:
DMICXEx.png

Spreadsheet:
TY40aki.png

Stock Shot:
201710161408583600.jpg

Size comparisons

fUlDiWb.jpg

jVtdjy4.jpg

tdwsqXJ.jpg

SzaUuTG.jpg

Handchecks:

E8TZH02.jpg

Bottle

UzjFTnw.jpg

RDA

1FKPQpM.jpg

1kaFY9f.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I really liked the looks and design of it. It’s similar in design to a pico with the extending battery cap and can handle up to a 25mm atomizer without overhang. The rainbow trim matches the RDA beautifully. The sqounk bottle is nice too with a big capacity. The included RDA is pretty nice too but has drawbacks. It can use a 2x700 or 18650 battery which is nice and mine came with the ijoy 5-leg one. The mod has a simple screen and nothing but power mode only

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. Testing resistances were done at .12 , .16, .21, and .51 ohms. wattage points were max (100), 75, 50, and 25. At .12 ohms it maxed out at 78 watts and 25 amps. The rest of the testing it hit really week 13-23 watts weak. At .16 it maxed out at 66 watts. The rest of the testing it was really low again 9-20 watts. For the .21 test it maxed out at 57 watts and the rest of the testing again very low hitting 9-16 watts weak. For the .51 testing it maxed out at 30 watts and 3.892 volts. The volts shows there is no boost circuit it’s buck only which is really bad for a single battery mod.

The mod is buck only which really limits voltage output. The most i got in my test was 3.892 but this will be dependant on battery sag and efficiency. The mod uses PWM to buck voltage but is fully protected (like the sxmini mods also use PWM in TC mode but work much better) I had some issues with consistent output as well at lower watt settings. The mod works fine when it doesn't have to buck voltage very much, but when it has to buck voltage a lot it falls flat on it’s face often being 20 watts or more low in those cases. The mod also makes a high pitched screeching noise at times while bucking down the voltage via PWM. Not “rattlesnaking” which is a term we really need to stop using since it was made up to describe a noise and vapers ran with it. It’s not a real technical term or industry term or even slang.

Overall I find it to be a poor performer limited by the battery since there is no boost and it also performs poorly at bucking down. It only works ok if you build for it like you would a mech and don’t plan on bucking down much

Ijoy Combo Triangle RDA
The kit i got included the Ijoy Combo Triangle RDA. I wish they would have included a single coil RDA for this kit instead due to the mods limits. They also have a version with the Combo SRDA instead which isn’t even an RDA it uses premade coils but you can rewick them apparently. Anyway i’ll focus on the one that I have. The build deck is pretty good actually. It’s a 2 post with 2 holes per post and the holes are staggered so you can do bottom lead and top lead. It’s very easy to build on, however it has poor post screws. My 26G wire wouldn’t stay in place the screws didn’t tighten enough You’d need bigger wire than that. It could be a QC issue but i can only review what’s in my hands. The airflow is the same as the mad dog RDA which desire 1st started back with the yuri. It’s a great airflow for flavor for sure. This RDA works best with thicker wires and fancy wires where it can hold the leads in place better but it’s not a great RDA for this mod. While to do like it, it’s really not much different then the mad dog. The build deck screw issues (which are phillips as well which i dislike) are my main draw back and why I wouldn’t recommend it over getting a mad dog personally. It does kick out some serious flavor though and obviously has a sqounk pin included. And the rainbow one is beautiful. It has a standard 810 tip.

Other Usage Notes
This mod has no modes other than power. No pre-heat options no temp control. The buck only is a big issue it only works well with builds .2 or lower. The included RDA isn’t a great match for this either. They should have made a smaller single coil one. The sqounk bottle is great it’s got a hard silicon structure but a soft silicon squeeze part. It works great and has a big 9 ml capacity. I prefer it to most silicon bottles which are too soft at times. This one feels just right. It uses the “metal tube” sqounk system like that of the gbox and dripbox. The door to remove the bottle comes off easy and is magnetic. It’s really easy to refill the bottle. Mine included a 5 leg 20700 ijoy battery as well. The battery cap has good threading. No complaints there. The fire button is large and clicky. The screen is basic with your setting, battery meter, and resistance. It’s a 5 click on and off.

Pros:
  • Looks
  • Sqounk Bottle
  • Color Options
  • Included RDA gives great flavor
  • Included 20700 battery (5 leg ijoy)
  • Color Options
  • Bright screen
Cons:
  • Performance when bucking
  • no additional modes or options. Power only
  • doubtful it does 100 watts
  • no boost circuit
  • included RDA needs bigger build then mod can power
  • included RDA has bad post screws and needs big wire
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not. I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one is an easy no. It doesn't do what’s promised and not something I would personally put my name on. The RDA doesn't really match the mod either. I won’t add it to my list, with that said though realistically speaking If you used it like you would a pico squeeze and built to the output like you would on a mech it’s really no worse off than a squeeze but with a nicer bottle and nicer looks.

It can be purchased here https://www.heavengifts.com/product/IJOY-CAPO-Squonker-Kit-100W.html as a kit for 76.99

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations and my past reviews, feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again i want to thank Heaven Gifts for sending me these for review.

VU Sponsors