Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Eleaf Basal Kit Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Eleaf Basal Kit. Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for the purpose of this review from Eleaf

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The Eleaf Basal kit is a new kit from Eleaf that’s one of the slimmest mods around. At only 15mm Wide there isn’t much that won’t overhang on this mod outside of the included GS Basal Tank which is 15mm diameter. The basal kit is a simple and stylish kit that feels like something from yesteryear of vaping. There are no modes outside of power mode. It has a 30 watt limit and the lowest resistance it fires is a .6 ohm. The included Basal tank looks like an old school atomizer as well. It’s available in 3 colors Rose Gold, Gold, and Brushed Silver.

Manufacturer's Specs: Mod
  • Size: 36.6mm15.0mm76.6mm
  • Weight: 120.26g
  • Battery capacity: 1500mAh
  • Maximum charging current: 2A
  • Thread type: 510 thread
  • Output wattage: 1-30W
  • Output mode: VW
  • Resistance range: 0.6-3.0ohm
  • Colors: brushed silver, rose gold, gold
Manufacturers Specs: Tank
  • Diameter: 15mm
  • Height: 57mm
  • Weight: 24g
  • E-liquid capacity: 1.8ml
Included in box:
  • 1x Eleaf Basil Mod
  • 1x GS Basil Atomizer
  • 1x GS Air 0.75ohm Head
  • 1x GS Air 1.5ohm Head
  • 1x QC USB Cable
  • 2x User Manuals
  • Spare Parts
Pictures and test results
Stock Shot colors:
BASAL_16.jpg

Size comparisons
KT6UVKt.jpg

wHtSShV.jpg

Handchecks:
B12sIou.jpg

uirtXKC.jpg

0sRADQ7.jpg

Box and contents
omiOduz.jpg

Basal Mod
This is a simple mod so i’m going to keep it all in one section. Also there was no testing done, if you’re familiar with my reviews all my testing is done at resistances below .6 ohms. This mod however has a minimum of .6 ohms so it wouldn’t fire any of my test builds. It claims a maximum of 30 watts and with a number that low, I really don’t see how it could be overrated. It’s as simple of a mod as you can really get these days. It has a small screen that shows battery level, watt setting, and resistance. There are no other modes or settings on the mod. It’s a simple 5 click on and 5 click off. It’s only 15m wide so one of the slimmest mods i’ve seen around with a built in 1500mah battery. It features 2 amp fast charging as well as pass through vaping. It does have a few other setting as far as info shown. You can adjust the screen to show your puff timer or puff count or voltage (fire and up), lock the adjustments buttons (up and down) or turn stealth mode on or off (fire and down). Overall it’s a pretty simple mod that’s made to go with the tank as a slim, portable, low watt set up.

GS Basal Tank
The GS Basal tank is a MTL mini tank. Only 15mm in diameter and 57mm tall including the drip tip, it’s one of the smallest atomizers you’ll come across nowadays. They claim a 1.8ml capacity but it’s a bottom fill so you have to remove the base and coil to fill ti so you can’t really ever fully fill the tank. It does use a 510 drip tip but the stem for it is so thin that wider bore one’s will look funny so it’s best to stick with the included one. It’s a bottom airflow that’s easy to adjust and on a stopper. It has 4 small holes and then 1 wide slot. Using only 1 hole it gives a tight MTL draw while opening all the way gives more of a restricted DTL vape. However due to the low vapor production of the coils i find it best with the air on the lowest setting as fully open gives more of a muted flavor

It comes with 2 coils the “GS air” coils. One is a .75ohm 8-25 watt coil and the other is a 1.5ohm 8-20 watt coil. Both coils worked well with 50/50 and 70/30 (VG/PG) juices. I found the 1.5 to be best around 12-14 watts and the .75 coil best around 20 watts. I was able to get plenty of usage out of both. 2 weeks weeks of vaping so coil life is good. If you are a heavy vaper you should still get at least a week from each coil. Personally I found the .75 to be the better of the 2 flavorwise. As far as flavor goes, it’s pretty much what I’d expect from a MTL premade coil tank. It’ll get you by but it’s not going to blow your mind by any means. It’s there but not what i’m used to personally as i’m a higher watt vaper. Overall it’s really best in the kit with this mod not really something i’d buy seperate.

Pros:
  • Slimmest mod i’ve seen
  • Easy to use menu system
  • Simplicity
  • Color Options
  • Build Quality
  • Seek simple design
  • Included tank isn’t bad
  • Price point (under 40 for the kit)
Cons:
  • Included tank is bottom fill
  • Lacks Modes
  • Some may find the .6 ohm resistance minimum high
  • Really best suited as a kit and no very useful as separate items
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not. I Don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this leans a little towards the yes but with the disclaimer that it’s really best as a kit and i wouldn’t recommend either separately. If someone was looking for an old school style really slim set up it’ll get the job done without any complaints. While i listed the lack of features as a con, I do think it could benefit some of the more technologically impaired people with it’s simplicity. I’m adding it to my sheet in the AIO category.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Big thanks again to Eleaf for sending me these for the purpose of this review

VU Sponsors