Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Ehpro Armor Prime Mod Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Ehpro Armor Prime Mod. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links.

Introduction:
The Armor Prime Mod is the latest time from longtime vape manufacturer Ehpro. They were famous many years ago for making great quality clones but for the last 2-3 years have been making their own designs doing a decent job at it. The armor prime mod looks just like a mech tube but it’s not a mech. I was actually pretty surprised because from the pictures it looks like a mech. It feels like a mech in the hands. But it isn’t a mech. Instead it’s a protected non adjustable tube mod made to simulate the usage of a mech but with safeties. It is single battery and can take an 20700 or 18650 battery. It’s only available in the 1 color which is a black splatter with the gold ehpro and armor engraved in. Heaven gifts has it on pre order currently for 27 dollars.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • 24.7mm Diameter
  • 90.5mm Tall
  • Material: Brass
  • Spring Loaded 510
  • single 20700 or 18650 battery (not included)
  • screw on bottom cap for battery loading
  • Overheat protection
  • 10 second cutoff protection
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Low Battery Protection
  • Reverse Polarity Protection
Included in box:
  • 1 Ehpro Armor Prime Mod
  • 1 Safety Card
  • 1 18650 battery adapter
  • 1 Instructional Manual
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I was expecting it to be a mech. It’s listed as a mech mod on HGs site and i only seen a couple of pictures of it before getting it. I was surprised to find out it isn’t a mech at all but a protected non adjustable mod made to look like a mech mod. It’s made of solid brass and has a coating on the outside to give it a nice look and grip as well. It just has the one color which is a matte black finish with a shiny black splatter on it and it looks great. Overall i was really liking it from the start.

Performance
Overall this mod performed for me as it should and as expected with no issues. I tested it with the efest 5 leg 20700 batteries (same cell as the ijoy 5 leg). At a .12 resistance the mod output 3.156 volts 83 watts and 26 amps. With a .15 build it put out 3.366 volts 76 watts and 22 amps. With a .2 ohm build it put out 3.576 volts 64 watts and 18 amps. With a .6 ohm build i got 3.997 volts 26 watts and 7 amps. It performs like a good mech mod would and no complaints from me there. It works exactly as it should.

Other Usage Notes
The mod uses a 5 click to turn on and off of the fire button. The fire button is a nice size round button and is nice and clicky. There are 2 small pin holes on each side of the fire button where the LEDs shine through. The LEDs are active when firing and green means 70% or more battery while yellow means 30-70% battery and red means less than 30% battery. There is no USB or on board charging so you’ll need an external charger. I don’t recommend charging mods internally anyway so not a big deal to me.

The mod can be used with a 20700 battery or an 18650 with the included adapter. I do need to note that my ijoy 20700 5 leg batteries would not fit due to the thick wraps but my efest 5 leg batteries fit fine as did any 18650 with the adapter. The mod is made of solid brass and has some nice weight to it. The black coating feels great in the hand and provides grip while looking great and has shown no signs of wear. The mod itself is build solid with no rattle at all. The Battery door is a screw on bottom cap like most mech mods use and the threading is really nice and smooth and easy to get on and off. The spring loaded 510 pin is great and gave me no issues at all with all atomizers sitting flush. The 24.7mm diameter makes it look good with 24mm and 25mm atomizers. 22mm ones look a little small on it in my opinion.

The Ehpro Armor Prime Mod has plenty of protections as well. If battery resting voltage is below 3.2V or if the battery sags below 2.7V the mod won’t fire and will blink red 5 times. If the output overcurrent, low load, or short circuit protection is activated it won’t fire and will blink red 10 times. If the chip overheats it’ll stop firing and blink yellow 10 times (i never had any issue with this at all) and if you vape longer than 10 seconds it’ll stop firing and the light will blink green 5 times.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • Nice simple looks and form factor
  • good size for portability
  • looks like a mech mod but safer
  • no button rattle
  • nice fire button
  • Battery compatibility (20700 or 18650)
  • good 510 pin
  • performance
  • Price point (27 USD on heaven gifts)
Cons:
  • not all 20700 batteries fit (my ijoy ones wraps were too thick)
  • More color options would be nice
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not? I don’t like to do the hard yes or no, but for this i have to lean towards the yes for this one. It’s a great device for those who want to try mechs or like mech looks but don’t want to worry about doing something unsafe. At 27 dollars it’s cheaper than a decent clone mech and way safer and not much more expensive than a poor quality mech clone and again safer. If you wanted to try a mech this is a great way to start to learn how to build for one without worrying about safety. I’ll be adding this to my sheet

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

it's available for pre-order for 27 USD here https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Ehpro-Armor-Prime-MOD.html

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from heavengifts

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors