Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Desire Bulldog Tank Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Desire Bulldog Sub Ohm Tank. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: this is marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Desire Bulldog Sub Ohm Tank is the latest sub ohm tank from long time somewhat popular manufacturer Desire. I’ve always liked their RDA offerings for years, but this year they really came on strong with some good squonk mods (rage and cut) a really good single 2x700 mod (mad mod), a great RDA (mad dog V2) and even a good subohm tank (m-tank) so we’ll see if they can continue that trend with the bulldog. The Bulldog tank is a pretty standard sub ohm tank that borrows some designs from their m-tank and of course has a mesh coil option as well. The subohm tank market is kind of dominated these days by freemax and the falcon so we’ll see if this one can stack up. It’s available in 5 colors Black, Purple, Silver, Blue, and Red. Looking around online i only see it available from china sites in the 20-35 USD prince range

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Size: 24.5mm x 49mm (w/o thread)
  • Material: Stainless Steel/Aviation Aluminum
  • Drip Tip: Resin
  • Capacity: 4.3ml
  • Coil: 0.18ohm Mesh Coil, 0.2ohm Triple Coil
  • Thread: 510 thread
  • Colorful resin drip tip
  • 0.18ohm Mesh Coil & 0.2ohm Triple Coil
  • Intuitive push-top refill design
  • Adjustable bottom airflow system
  • SS & aviation aluminum construction
Included in box:
  • 1 x Bulldog Tank (0.18ohm Mesh Coil, 4.3ml)
  • 1 x 0.2ohm Triple Coil
  • 1 x Glass Tank
  • 1 x Accessories
  • 1 x Manual
  • 1 x Warranty Card
Coil Options (coils are kanthal unless otherwise stated)
  • BBC mesh (single mesh) .18 ohms 50-110 watts
  • BBC Triple (round wire) .2 ohms 80-130 watts
  • BBC Quad coil (round wre) .15 ohms 90-140 watts (not included)
Picture Album
album

Looks and Design
The Desire Bulldog Sub Ohm Tank is a pretty standard looking sub ohm tank. It’s smaller than a lot of other ones on the market though as it’s only 24.5mm and that’s rare to see these days from a 100+ watt tank. Many are going into the 25-28mm range now. It comes with a regular class for 3ml capacity and a bubble glass as well which gives it a 4.3ml capacity so good to have both options. Outside of that it’s a standard looking metal tank but has a nice color contrast design with anodized aluminum accents on the SS tank. I have the red one and it’s red and SS so gives it a unique look. They also include a resin dragon scale drip tip with metal ring that looks great. Overall though this type of tank is pretty popular these days so nothing stands out really about it outside of the color contrast. They offer it in 5 colors so good variety and the red i have is quite nice with a shiny finish on the SS but a more matte finish on the red parts. Overall I find it to be a nice looking but mostly a pretty common looking tank.

Features and Functions
The Desire Bulldog Sub Ohm Tank uses a standard 810 drip tip so you can also use your own if you’d like but no 510 adapter to use a 510 tip as well. The Drip tip does need to be an o-ring one as friction fit won’t work and takes the “TFV8” styled ones used on many tanks these days. The drip tip is a matching resin one so it’ll differ based on the color you choose. One thing to note is there is a slight raised area for the drip tip which is covered by the included one so will show with a different tip. Still it looks quite nice with different tips too but i love the included one so no need to change it for me personally. All the threading on this tank is excellent. It’s a very nicely built tank with good quality. The coil system is a screw in type into the base much like most sub ohm tanks on the market. You need the tank to be basically empty to swap coils. Airflow is 2 large holes equally spaced apart on the bottom. It’s plenty of air, easily made for DTL vaping. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust even on mod thanks to the nice raised bumps on it and it’s on a stopper. Filling is easy as well, it uses the standard slide back top fill and it’s clearly marked with knurling on the push side and slides back easy and doesn’t protrude when shut so shouldn’t open in your pockets. It didn’t open in my personally. Like all these top fill designs if using a large 100ml or more bottle you’ll want to remove the drip tip to make it easier. The 1 fill hole is a good size and easy to fill with any bottle type but you can’t just pour into it. It comes with a standard 4.3ml capacity bubble tank and 1 3ml capacity standard tank.

Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? There are 3 coil options in total and no RBA head. It only comes with 2 of the coil options which are the BBC triple coil and the BBC mesh coil. Both are KA1 (Kanthal) coils. I started with the .18 BBC Mesh coil and it was just ok. Pretty average for flavor for mesh and good in the 65-75 watt range. The life was pretty bad though, I ran 30ml through it and It’s pretty toast so average flavor but poor life. Then the BBC triple coil coil. I found it best at around 90-110 watts. Flavor again was not very good for such a high watts and worse off it died after 22mls of juice. So below average flavor and poor life. Overall pretty disappointed in the performance in the coils, so not impressed and right now the market is saturated with good sub ohm tanks so the coils is what really sets them apart and this does nothing to do that.

Overall Impressions
Overall not impressed with this tank. It's a pretty average tank that’s similar to a dozen others on the market. The 4.3ml capacity is a good enough but only 3ml without the bubble glass, and mostly the issue is the coils.

Pros
  • Build Quality
  • Looks
  • easy to fill
  • No Leaks
  • Color Options (5 total)
  • Standard matching resin 810 tip
  • AFC adjustable easily on mod
  • thread quality
  • good capacity 4.3ml
  • bubble tank included
Cons
  • no drip tip 510 adapter
  • Coil performance (flavor is just average to below average depending on coil)
  • Coil Life (is really bad 26ml average per coil)
  • no RBA deck option
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this tank or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but i’m going to have to just say no here. Lots of good tanks on the market for this watt range and 3 stand out more than the others to me and this tank just didn’t have great flavor or great coil life so i can’t see a reason to recommend it. I won’t be adding this to my sheet of recs linked below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Desire Designs

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors