Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Auro Salt Tank Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Auro Salt Tank. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: this is not marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Auro Salt Tank is the first tank from new manufacturer Auro. They aren’t completely new per se however, but are a new brand from kangertech who has been around forever it seems and who used to be very popular many years ago but has kind of fallen out of being popular over the past few years. The Salt tank is a simple MTL tank with 2 coil options and a 2ml capacity. It’s available in 1 color only SS. Looking around online i see it under 20 USD on a few sites in china and the US.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Diameter: 22mm
  • 2mL Capacity
  • Triple Bottom Airflow
  • Adjustable Airflow
  • Stainless Steel Construction
Included in box:
  • 1x - Kanger Auro Salt Tank
  • 1x Auro ST 1.50 ohm Replacement Coil
  • 1x Auro ST 1.80 ohm Replacement Coil
Coil Options (coils are Ni80)
  • Auro ST 1.50 ohm Replacement Coil
  • Auro ST 1.80 ohm Replacement Coil
Picture Album
album

Looks and Design
The Auro Salt Tank is a pretty standard looking MTL tank. It’s smaller than a lot of other ones on the market though as it’s only 22mm and that’s rare to see these days as most have gone bigger than that like the zenith which is 23mm but not much to compare it to as not many MTL tanks are being made these days. It comes with 1 size capacity which is 2ml and a spare glass. Outside of that it’s a standard looking metal tank and has some nice knurling and cutouts on the bottom for design. I have the SS one which is apparently the only color i see available. The included metal drip tip is a tall 510 tip but matches the tank well. Overall a nice looking tank.

Features and Functions
The Auro Salt Tank uses a standard 510 drip tip so you can also use your own if you’d like. It requires the use of a o-ring fit 510 tip but all the ones i tried fit fine however i like it with the original one it comes with personally. The drip tip is a basic metal tall one and the only option in the package. A 2nd drip tip would have been nice too. All the threading on this tank is excellent. It’s a very nicely built tank with good quality. The coil system is a screw in type into the base much like most tanks on the market. Since it’s a bottom fill tank (yeah you heard that right) you can replace the coils with a full tank. Airflow is 3 sided spaced equally apart and requires 1 hole to be open on each side always so there are 3 air options that always have 3 holes open just different sizes. There are 3 size holes that range from a semi-tight MTL to a loose MTL vape. There is a slight whistle on the tightest setting. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust even on mod thanks to some cutouts as well and it’s on a stopper. Filling it felt like a blast from the past. Not sure why they didn’t include a top fill for this but to fill you have to unscrew the base with the coil in it, then fill directly in the glass tank around through some large holes in the chamber so you have to be careful not to overfill and also works best with a fine tip bottle or a glass dripper. Not a fan of the bottom fill method at all. It comes with a standard 2 ml capacity tank and 1 spare.

Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? There are 2 coil options in total and no RBA head. It comes with 1 of each of the coil options which are the 1.5 ohm and 1.8 ohm coils. Both are Ni80 (Nichrome) coils. I started with the 1.5 ohm coil and flavor was ok for what it is which is a low watt MTL tank with premade coils nothing great but acceptable. It’s rated at 8-10 watts and i found it best around 9 watts so good rating there. The coil life was pretty bad only lasting for around 4-6 ml For low watt MTL coils i usually look for 10ml minimum and have gotten that from other MTL tanks and pod systems. Then the 1.8 ohm coil. Again flavor was acceptable not bad but not good. Not much of a difference if any between this and the 1.5 ohm coil really. It’s rated at 7-9 watts and i found it best in the 7 watt range so good rating there. The life again was pretty bad too, It only lasted 2-4 ml so again. Overall pretty disappointed in the performance in the coils, even with the huge lack of options out there for MTL tanks this one can’t stack up.

Pros
  • Build Quality
  • Looks
  • No Leaks
  • Standard Metal 510 tip
  • AFC adjustable easily on mod
  • thread quality
  • good capacity for MTL tank (2ml)
  • spare glass tank included
Cons
  • Coil performance (flavor is just acceptable)
  • Coil Life (is really bad 2-6 ml average per coil)
  • no RBA deck option
  • Bottom Fill method is old and outdated
  • Lack of Color Options (1 total)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this tank or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but i’m going to have to just say no here. When they contacted me i was hoping for something to rival the zenith as it’s a good tank but there are no other options really in the past year but sadly this one doesn't stack up. I won’t be adding this to my sheet of recs linked below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Kangertech

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors