Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Aspire Feedlink Revvo Kit Tech Review. New Sqounk mod from Aspire!

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Aspire Feedlink Revvo Kit. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Aspire Feedlink Revvo Kit is the latest kit from aspire and their first attempt to enter the sqounk market. The Aspire Feedlink Mod is a single 18650 battery non-adjutable sqounk mod with protections, and comes with a soft silicon 7ml bottle. The included tank is the new Revvo Boost tank, which is very similar to the Revvo tank that launched with the Aspire Skystar Revvo Kit, with the major difference being that you fill it by squonking instead of the top fill of the original. It’s available in 5 colors Silver, Black/Blue, Gunmetal/Chrome, Silver/Sunset Red, and Black/Nightsky.

Manufacturer's Specs: Mod
  • Dimensions: 30 x 87mm
  • Output Voltage: 3.0V - 4.2V
  • Squonk Capability
  • Integrated Silicone Bottle
  • 7.0mL Bottle Capacity
  • Top Mounted Fire Button
  • Ergonomic Shape
  • "Pistol Grip" Style Shape
  • Threaded Battery Access Cap
  • Requires (1) 18650 Battery (Battery Sold Separately)
  • 510 Threaded
  • 510 Squonk Pin
Manufacturer's Specs: Tank
  • 24mm Diameter
  • Stainless Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Glass Tank Section
  • 2.0mL Tank Capacity
  • Wide Bore Delrin Drip Cap
  • Top Mounted Adjustable Airflow
  • ARC Coil Heating Element
Included in box:
  • 1 Aspire Feedlink mod
  • 1 2ml Revvo Boost tank
  • 2 ARC Coils (0.10-0.14Ω)
  • 1 Spare Glass tube
  • 11 Spare O-rings
  • 2 Warning cards, 1 User manual, 1 Warranty card
Coil Options (coils are kanthal)
  • Aspire ARC Coils for Revvo boost (.10-.14 ohms) (best 70-80 watts)
  • Aspire ARC coils for Revvo (.1 to .16 ohms) (50-100 watts, Best 80-85 watts)
Picture Album
https://imgur.com/a/a1psZbE

Aspire Feedlink Mod
Initial Impressions and features

When I first got this Mod, I really liked the size and feel of it. It’s a small mod but it has a little weight to it. There are 2 types the all metal ones have metal plates that are kinda diamond plated for grip and have a nice almost anodized looking finish to them, The “resin” looking one’s are not resin as one would think. Or at least that’s what I thought when i seen the pictures. Instead the have a rubberized feel to them, it appears to be a rubber coated hard plate of unknown material (could be resin under it) with a similar feel to the minikin 2 mods. It’s nice and soft, but also provides plenty of grip as well. Personally I prefer that one to the all metal one, but both are nice. Overall though I was pretty impressed with it to start off, but also wondered if they would have been better off making it an adjustable mod, especially with how much i like the aspire chips.

Performance
It’s a basic mod with no adjustments. I did a small round of testing using a fully charged Sony VTC5A Battery. Power output will depend on your build. With a .11 build I was able to get 85 watts (28 amps, 3.051 volts). They don’t list a max watts on the mod but 85 is more than enough for a single battery mod. With a .16 ohm build i got 66 Watts (3.261 volts) with a .21 ohm build I got 57 watts (3.471 volts) and with a .5 ohm build I got 30 watts (3.892 Volts). If using a rebuildable you’ll want to build for it like you would a mech sqounker. As far as performance goes with the Revvo Boost Tank itself, I’ll go over that later. The mod itself however performs as expected. Pretty much the same as the wismec luxotic which is the same type of mod, as in a non adjustable but protected sqounk mod that puts out power based on the batteries and build.

Other Usage Notes
The mod uses a 5 click on and off. It’s nice to have an easy way to turn it off for sure. There is a somewhat hidden 2 LED lights (orange and blue) that are under the fire button. The light stays on when firing so it’s easy to tell if it’s on or off. The lights tell you the charge of the battery. If it's blue only the battery is 3.9-4.2 volts, If the Blue and Orange are on it’s 3.5-3.8 volts. Only orange means less than 3.5 volts. The battery tray is a bottom fed style where you have to unscrew a recessed cap much like the sith V2 mech or the geekvape aegis. Personally I don’t like that style, but objectively the cap itself is pretty light and thing and the threading is decent at best so it’s not easy to get it on and off. Often i found myself using a small pair of pliers to remove and install it. It’s a pretty glaring con on an almost perfect mod.

The bottle it comes with is amazing. It’s a tinted firm silicon bottle. The perfect amount of softness IMO. Firm enough to go back to shape quickly but soft enough to squeeze easily. It also uses a proprietary bottle system. Inside the bottle is a metal tube and the bottle has no tube coming out of it. Instead it presses against a flat part on the indie of the mod to the flat top of the bottle with rubber seals creating a seal. It works really well with no leaks and no mess really compared to removing bottles with external tubes. The bottle itself goes inside of a plastic bracket which is loaded from the bottom like the battery. It’s not a full twist off though. To remove just turn a quarter turn counter-clockwise and it pops out. To put it back in just slide it in, line up the notches and push up and do a quarter turn clockwise and it locks into place. It does have a nice 7.ml capacity as well. I wish they included a spare bottle since they can be hard to come by and aren’t universal.

As far as looks go all the mods have a silver or black frame. Maybe in the future they will offer more colors? That would be nice. Branding is barely there. Just Aspire engraved into one of the side panels. The Fire button is nice and is a metal with textured bumps. The shape of the mod is excellent for both rightys and leftys. It has “gun handle” ergonomics but without looking too much like a gun at all. Great for thumb fire and your middle and ring fingers can squeeze to refill your atomizer.

The listed safety features are as follows, 10 seconds cutoff, Reverse Battery protection (batteries go in positive side up), Short Circuit Protection, Over discharge protection (battery below 3.2V won’t fire), Overheat Protection on the chip.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Revvo Boost Tank
Looks and Design

The Revvo Boost Tank is a Beautiful Tank. It looks like an RDTA with the tank being under the coils and is the follow up to the original Revvo tank with a few minor changes. The Blue kit has a matching boost with a blue AFC which is nice. Th resin looking kit I have comes with an all black tank. The tank uses ARC coils which i’ll go over a little later. The coils go on top of the tank and are screwed into a center screw and then secured in place by an inner ring that triples as an air director and spitback guard. The top cap actually screws onto the base as well and isn’t o-ringed on. They also lowered the amount of air as well from the original Revvo tank. It’ a pretty slick looking tank and the only premade coil tank you can sqounk with.

Features and Functions
The Aspire Revvo Boost tank uses a Proprietary drip tip so you can’t also use your own. Also the top cap is delrin and threaded which i’m not a fan of. All the threading on this tank is good. It’s a very nicely built tank with good quality. The coil system is locked into the base by being screwed on and then secured via the spitback guard/air flow channel cylinder on the top. You don’t need the tank to be empty to swap coils. Airflow is 2 medium sized holes equally spaced apart on the top. It’s plenty of air, easily made for DTL vaping but less than the original. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust and has a nice texture for grip and it’s on a stopper. It’s nice and smooth. Filling is the interesting thing on this tank however. The original Revvo you filled on the top through the drip tip via a spring loaded fill tube, with the Revvo Boost however, the only way to fill it is with sqounking so it’s not very usable on a non sqounk mod, on top of that if you want the full 9ml capacity (7ml bottle 2ml tank) you need to sqounk the tank full then take out the bottle again and top it off. I found this annoying personally and would have liked another fill method. Also anecdotal but a single battery was enough for me to vape the whole 7ml bottle without needing replacement when using the revvo boost tank. Also be careful not to overfill the tank or you will flood the coil as there is nowhere for the juice to go but directly over the coil

Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? There is some conflicting information about the coils that this tank uses. It does and can use the ARC coils like the original Revvo tank. They can share coils. However, the coils are different. The original revvo has .1 to .16 ohm 50-100w rated coils best at 80-85 watts. The ARC coils for the boost however have less mass and are .1 to .14 ohm coils best at 70-80 watts. They have a slightly lower resistance and require a few less watts which is important and smart. In my testing with a full battery at .11 i got 85 watts, at .16 i got 66. So a .14 resistance would be estimated around 70 watts, So in short the coils were designed to work better with the mod then the original Revvo coils. You should be getting around 70-85 watts with the boost coils which is well within their range, but if you use the original revvo coils it could be as low as 66 watts and personally I think they worked best in the 85-90ish range, so you will want to use the revvo boost coils for this tank and the not original revvo coils even though they fit. If you wanted to use this tank on a dual battery sqounker like say a drone or gbox S200, you can use the original revvo coils in it if you please.

With all that said, I used 1 of the 2 coils it came with, it’s pretty gunked up but i ran 156ml of juice through it and it’s still decent but doesn't have much longer left on it so good coil life. The flavor is average. It’s not RDA level by any means, but it’s the only pre-made coil tank worth anything for sqounking so hard to complain and better than some sub ohm tanks i’ve had, but nothing to write home about. It’s good for what it is since it’s unique as an option for people who want to sqounk but don’t build. There isn’t a better option out there currently. Vandy vape made the maze but it was junk, the revvo boost is much better.

Overall Impressions
Overall i’m not a huge fan of the tank, but it is the best option for sqounking without rebuilding currently and works well with the type of mod it comes with. As long as you don’t expect RDA flavor from it, I think most will be pretty happy with it. I think it’s a little better than the original revvo tank and might be even better using the original coils with a dual batt sqounker, i might even give it a go myself just to see but it’s not a bad tank, it’s just not a great tank. It’s an average tank with good quality that fills a niche.

Pros: Mod
  • Build Quality
  • Nice looks and form factor
  • color options
  • Small Size
  • no button rattle, solid built
  • works like it should
  • Battery Level Indicator
  • nice 7ml soft silicon bottle
  • nice fire button
  • has protections
Pros: Tank
  • Build Quality
  • Looks
  • No Leaks
  • AFC adjustable easily on mod
  • Coil Life
  • only sqounkable sub ohm tank on the market
Cons: Mod
  • a little pricey for the kit (60-80ish USD)
  • not sold separately
  • battery screw cap
  • no spare bottle
  • Proprietary Bottle System
Cons: Tank
  • 2ml capacity is a little small
  • can only fill by sqounking
  • Really specifically made for the feedlink mod, not much use outside of that
  • coil flavor is just average
  • Proprietary Drip Tip and delrin threading on it
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? It’s hard to seperate it since i don’t see either sold separately. It’s also a bit on the pricey side which I think will hurt it’s popularity. Personally I love the mod, it’s great, it works as expected i’d gladly pay the price for the mod alone despite the annoying battery screw cap. It feels like a much higher quality then i got from something like the wismec luxotic which is the direct comparison in type of mods. And I love the look of the feedlink. But performance wise, the 2 are the same pretty much. Still I think the mod is worth every penny so i’ll lean towards the yes on that, for the tank it’s not really worth it unless you want to sqounk and don’t want to build as that’s it’s only function. For me i’ll keep using the mod but with RDAs and push the tank aside. I wish the mod could be purchased separately personally. I’ll be adding the mod to my sheet

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Aspire

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good stuff bro and a real looker of a mod. I just can't go back to a single 18650, well at least not at that price. It really does look bad ass, maybe the next major holiday weekend sale.....lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor