Anthony Vapes: Asmodus Minikin 2 Text Review and Tech Test

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here

for my honest review of the Asmodus Minikin 2. Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for the purpose of this review from elementvape.com That will in no way shape or form affect my opinion.

Introduction:
The Asmodus Minikin 2 is a dual 18650 mod that features one button operation and a touch screen to make adjustments. It’s got a similar shape to a battlestar but a little more rounded with a backplate battery door. It’s capable of 180 watts and features temp control, TCR, and TFR modes and a watt curve setting

Manufacturers Specs:
asMODus GX-180-HT Chipset

Wattage Output Range: 5-180W

Max Voltage Output: 7.5V

Work Efficiency: 95%

Min Atomizer Resistance: 0.1ohm

Temperature Control Range: 212-572F

Ni200 Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Support

Technology Similar To Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (TCR)

Temperature Factor of Resistivity (TFR) Functionality

Natural Rounded Contour - Ergonomically Driven

Durable Soft Paint Finish

Intuitive Touch Screen - 1 Inch Display

Rapid Response Control

Intelligent Gesture and Visual Interface

Simple Navigation Menu

One-Button Firing Mechanism

Magnetized Battery Cover

Reverse Polarity Protection

High Voltage Warning

Low Voltage Warning

Low Resistance Protection

High Resistance Protection

Chip Temp Protection

MicroUSB Port - Firmware Upgrades

510 Connection

Available in Black, White, Purple, Olive Green, Coffee, Raw Silver, and Rainbow

Testing Results
Product Image:
asmodus_minikin_2_180w_touch_screen_mod_cover_2.jpg

Chart Link:
JFyXQRC.png

Spreadsheet:
4TqknKV.png

Soft Cell cutoff. I'm going to call it 3.3V per battery as they were at 3.29 and 3.3 when the check battery popped up.

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this mod, My initial impressions was It’s extremely comfortable and feels well built. The texture was a rubberized finish and the shape is extremely comfortable to hold i your hand. The menu system is simple and easy to use and the touch screen works great. It has some weight to it and feels just really well built. It’s a mod i can see myself using a lot

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. I ran tests at .1, .15, .2 and .54 for the high resistance to get the voltage limit. The first thing that impressed me was unlike most mods it didn’t fire weaker at .1 ohms. It actually fired a little high. Even more impressive it was able to put out it’s full 180 watts (and then some 186 actually) at .1 resistance. Very few mods can do their max watt output at .1 ohms. Overall it hit higher across the board anywhere from 2 watts (at the 150 setting) to 7 watts (at the 100 setting) the same goes for the .15 where it hit high from 12 watts (at the 180 setting maxing out at 192 watts) to 2 watts (at the 25 watt setting) with the .2 setting again hitting high from 12 watts (at the 150 setting) to 2 watts (at the 25 setting) with the .54 i found the volt limit to be 6.637 and it hit high from 6 watts (75 setting) to 2 watts (25 setting) Overall it was a very smooth firing and consistent mod that hits a little on the high side from 2-12 watts but mostly around 3-7 watts on most settings. It reads live resistance but resistance was stable and the 510 pin made a great connection. The watt curve mode also works perfectly and is a great feature. The mod also never even got warm during my testing. It’s underrated if anything and performs excellent.

Temperature Control
Using SS wire in SS mode, my test builds didn’t fare very well. Only at 550 with the dual coil was vaper production descent. In my actual usage i found it to cut off way too early even at over 500f. It was also very pulsey and couldn’t produce a good vape. The temp control gets a fail from me. Not a good vape. It won’t burn your cotton though.

Overall Impressions
This mod in watt mode really impressed me. Not only did it fire it’s full watt range at .1 it’s actually an underrated mod that fires a bit high. But every fire was smooth and consistent which will result i a great vape. You’ll just have to set your watts a few watts lower than normal but once it’s dialed in it’ll give you the same output every time. The 43 amp limit was on the high side for dual battery mods, probably the highest i’ve tested. the watt curve mode feature works excellent and is a great addition. Mixed with the comfort and nice to use touch screen i came away really impressed. If the temp control worked though this would be pretty close to a perfect mod.

Pros:
  • Looks and comfort (nice shape and size, rubberized paint job)
  • Touch Screen

• Watt Curve Mode

• Watt performance

• Build Quality

• Fire Button

• Menu System
Cons:
  • Temp Mode Performance
  • Slide to unlock can be annoying at times
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this one leans heavily towards the Yes as a watt mode device. The performance especially for people who like to build at .1 is impressive. The high amp limit and the fact it can output it’s whole 180+ watts at .1 makes it stand out in a crowd of mods. Combined with the nice touch screen, simple menu, excellent build quality (which seems rare these days) and the fact it never even got warm during my testing shows why many people love this mod. As a temp control mod it gets a no. I’ll be adding this mod to my sheet of dual battery watt mods

Feel free to subscribe to my channel to see all my reviews and receive notifications when they get posted.

As always I am Anthony Vapes and I’m just keeping it Honest, Hopefully you all can say you are doing the same and I’ll see you on the next review

Again another big thanks from element vape for providing me with the mod for review.

Minikin 2 Link : https://www.elementvape.com/asmodus-minikin-2-180w-touch-screen-mod

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks for the review mate loads of info here!

VU Sponsors