Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Armageddon Vital RDA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Armageddon Vital RDA, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is the retail version.

Introduction:
The Vital RDA is the latest RDAs from vape manufacturer Armageddon MFG and designed in collaboration with Immortal Modz. I’ve never had anything from either of them i can remember as they seem to be a 528 like company that is based out of the US but manufacturers in china and geared towards the “vape bro” instagram scene which really isn’t my scene at all so I guess I don’t pay much attention to that. Still it’s nice to try something from a company I haven’t reviewed before. The Vital RDA is a dual coil DTL RDA with an included squonk pin. It’s available in 3 colors SS, Black, and Rainbow. Elementvape has them listed at 46.95 and the normal retail price from them is 50.00 so a small bit pricey but not too bad and on par with most of their products as they tend to be a bit more on the pricey side like most US companies.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 24mm Diameter
  • 5mm Deep Juice Well
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • 21mm Gold-Plated Build Deck
  • Two-Post, Dual Terminals Per Post Design
  • Bridge-Clamp Mechanism - Top-Mounted by Slotted Screws
  • PEEK Insulated Positive-Post
  • Dual Slotted Side Air Slots - Fully Adjustable
  • Teardrop Slotted Airflow Design - Wide Range of Sizes
  • Conical Top Cap - Flavor-Enhanced
  • 810 Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • Serialized Engravings
  • Squonk-Ready BF 510 Contact Pin
  • Gold-Plated 510 Contact Pin
Included in box:
  • 1 Vital RDA
  • 1 Squonk BF 510 Pin
  • Spare Parts Bag
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions
When I first got this RDA i wasn’t really impressed with the design of it. I don’t normally talk about packaging but it comes in a little plastic cheapo box. Not what I would expect from a 50 dollar RDA but it has a little cloth bag which is nice and probably the intent to throw out the plastic case and keep it in the bag. It also lacked accessories. The RDA itself however instantly reminded me of the shuriken RDA it’s the same deck. Also the lynx RDA and kind of the Aura RDA. So it’s a pretty old deck that isn’t a great one IMO. Outside of that it’s very basic just a simple side airflow dual coil RDA with a not so good deck. Overall I wasn’t impressed from the start.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s pretty much the same as the lynx and shuriken RDAs which both came out around 2016. It’s a non staggered 2 post clamp deck meaning that you have to straighten your leads to be equal and install both coils at once. The clamps also aren’t reverse threaded like the core RTA or spring loaded like some others. Not really sure what they were thinking as much better decks already exist. Each clamp has a single center screw and they screws are some pretty heavy duty flat head screws so no complaints there. Overall an outdated build deck that should be better by 2018 standards

Wicking on it is quite easy. It’s an RDA so nothing fancy just drop your leads to the bottom.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a Dual Coil RDA only, you could run a single coil if you wanted like any dual coil RDA but there is no blocker and but you can close off one side of air but not sure why anyone would. I ran 4 builds in this a fancy 3mm ID build, a fancy 3.5 mm ID build, a fancy 4mm ID build and 1 simple round 4mm ID build. For size I found it worked well with all those sizes and as many wraps as you can fit comfortably in it. It definitely likes a big coil and has plenty of air. Even with the round build though it was great. The flavor is excellent and one of the better dual coil RDAs for sure even with the simple round wire. Overall a very good dual coil RDA flavorwise.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
Let’s talk about the airflow now. It has side airflow with 1 large circle on each side that you close off by spinning the top part of the top cap as it’s a 2 piece top cap. The Air Holes are pretty massive but they use a “teardrop design” cut out on the inside so you have a good amount of control over how much to close off and it does it equally and you can get a pretty restrictive DTL vape at the lowest setting for a dual coil RDA. Since the top cap locks into place and the top part has plenty of size and grip it’s easy to adjust on or off a mod. Very well done there. The top cap o-rings are good and it’s easy to pop off and on. There is a stopper so you don’t have to line up the air manually so it’s easy to screw on and off your mod even without that.

It comes with 1 standard 810 friction fit drip tip, which is a standard black delrin one. Other 810 tips fit well if they are friction fit but I had issues with o-ring drip tips fitting. They should have included a 510 adapter and at least 1 other drip tip at the price point. The Drip tip fits very well in the RDA. snug, not loose, not tight. The quality on the Armageddon Vital RDA is excellent. The o-rings for the top cap onto the base feel right and the top cap is snug but not tight. Very easy to take apart with no issues. The AFC is easy to adjust, the o-rings fit just right and everything is nicely done. The top cap does lock into place so it was easy to get on and off mods. The post screws are excellent quality as well and 2 spare screws are included , all are flat head screws. It comes with a standard 510 pin and a BF 510 pin like most RDAs these days as well the regular pin is gold plated but the squonk pin is not.

The juice well is a good size. Not massive but pretty large. The over squonk protection and Over drip protection is pretty good. The side airflow is high enough up that it doesn't cause any issues leaking when dripping or squonking. I only used it as a dripper as i’m not currently working on a review for any squonk mods but i did put it on a squonk mod just to test it real quick and it worked well. As a dripper you can drip right down the drip tip without taking off the top cap.

It’s a 24mm diameter so should not overhang on most mods on the market today. The lack of accessories was disappointing. There is plenty of spare o-rings and 2 spare post screws for it, but only 1 spare clamp, no screwdrivers, no 510 tip adapter, no coils, no cotton, and only the 1 drip tip. Bad amount of accessories overall. Branding is a bit too much IMO on it. They have the Armageddon Logo on one side taking up the whole side and the word Vital on the other. It’s not too bad on the SS since it matches the color but on the black and rainbow one’s looks too cringy to me but i’m probably not the target audience on that.

Pros:
  • Standard 810 drip tip
  • standard 510 pin and squonk pin included
  • plenty of spare o-rings
  • Color Options
  • great quality Flat Head post screws
  • Good over squonk protection
  • works well as a dripper or squonker
  • great flavor
  • Decent size juice well
  • good build quality
  • top cap locks into place
  • good easy to adjust AFC
Cons:
  • no included coils or cotton
  • no 510 tip adapter
  • only 1 drip tip
  • branding is a bit too much for my tastes
  • build deck is outdated and not builder friendly
  • Price point (around 50 USD)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and for this one i’ll have to keep it at a 50/50. The performance is there so that’s the saving point for me and why it won’t lean towards the no, but at the price point with an outdated not easy to build on deck, and huge lack of accessories I can’t recommend it either. I won’t be adding this o my list of recs linked down below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Elementvape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors