Another noob post about mods

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm making the leap into "advanced" vaping.

It looks like a VW/VV battery is the first step into AV life.

But I'm really unsure which kind to buy.

I hear good things about the sigelei ZMAX...but also about Vamo and Vivi.

I don't need something with all the bells and whistles - just a reliable model that I can build on.

Tips, suggestions, questions are most welcome. ;)
Cheers!

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have both, Vamo 2 and Sigelei ZMax. I would recommend either of them. The Zmax is probably a little sturdier build-wise, but the Vamo is easier to make adjustment on. Features are the same, just different way to go about accessing them.

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I should add, the Vamo can be used with either an 18350 or 18650 battery. The Zmax that I have, only 18650. I know some Zmax are either or, but I don't know if any come with extension tubes to use both.

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well that's good to know - thanks a lot. :)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I should add, the Vamo can be used with either an 18350 or 18650 battery. The Zmax that I have, only 18650. I know some Zmax are either or, but I don't know if any come with extension tubes to use both.
Which zmax do you have? I had one last year. It was telescopic. But that have it issues because you could easily over tighten it and lush up the circuit board. Also, the zmax had button issues which I won't go into. An svd is also another good vv. Brilliant mod. Btw hi Carla :)

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
V2, like this one, but not so scratched up. I'm a bit anal about that kinda thing. :rolleyes:

Sigelei-ZMAX-Review-Title.jpg

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine has held up fine, though I always used my Vamo more. Just easier to check ohms, battery voltage, and change watts/volts.
The Sigelei, with the tapered top, doesn't match up well in the 22mm tank world.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine has held up fine, though I always used my Vamo more. Just easier to check ohms, battery voltage, and change watts/volts.
The Sigelei, with the tapered top, doesn't match up well in the 22mm tank world.
It's not tapered anymore.
At least I don't think so. Can't be bothered to go and look lol
Ah I'll look in my photos

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I think V3 and after had non-tapered, even some were removable.
I got mine from a forum I used to hangout in, Ecig Advanced, for free. It looks good with my Igo-L and other 19mm stuff.

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Carla,I don't know if you have your heart set on a certain brand or not,but the Innokin MVP2 was the next step up for me from a vision spinner type battery.
It's VV-VW,ego/510 connection,has ohm reader,great battery life,and can fire down to a .8ohm build,but you won't get the full effect as using a higher wattage mod or mechanical.I got it at a great deal,so that was a plus,So far I have no complaints about it all!Just another option.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Carla,I don't know if you have your heart set on a certain brand or not,but the Innokin MVP2 was the next step up for me from a vision spinner type battery.
It's VV-VW,ego/510 connection,has ohm reader,great battery life,and can fire down to a .8ohm build,but you won't get the full effect as using a higher wattage mod or mechanical.I got it at a great deal,so that was a plus,So far I have no complaints about it all!Just another option.
All I have my heart set on is a better vape. Open to whichever works for me. (I use a kanger minipro3 on this garden variety 650 battery that lasts a fee few hours .)

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy shit Batman!!! is that $332.00 price on that thing legit???:eek:
No. It's bc they'll be out of stock and it stops ppl buying it. EBayers do that to save having to relist whilst restocking.
All I have my heart set on is a better vape. Open to whichever works for me. (I use a kanger minipro3 on this garden variety 650 battery that lasts a fee few hours .)
@Carla I guarantee you'll find what you're looking for real soon, won't she people !

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes she will!!!!
RJ, saw another one list at 31.25

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anything listed above is going to be miles ahead of that little battery,they do not last long at all,I feel your pain.Another thing about the MVP2 I like a lot is that you can vape on it while it's charging(pass through),you can charge your cell phone with it,plug your ipod into it,etc.

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes she will!!!!
RJ, saw another one list at 31.25
with all the new devices coming out,the lower wattage unit like the MVP2 are starting to come down,you can find some good deals on them now.

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No. It's bc they'll be out of stock and it stops ppl buying it. EBayers do that to save having to relist whilst restocking.

@Carla I guarantee you'll find what you're looking for real soon, won't she people !
I hope so,she'll go crazy trying to keep that 650mah battery charged.I went through the same hell.lol

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Holy shit Batman!!! is that $332.00 price on that thing legit???:eek:
Anything listed above is going to be miles ahead of that little battery,they do not last long at all,I feel your pain.Another thing about the MVP2 I like a lot is that you can vape on it while it's charging(pass through),you can charge your cell phone with it,plug your ipod into it,etc.

Oh that's a huge plus.

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm resisting the urge to ask:

"Someone tell me what 2 buy right now pls. K thx."

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
with all the new devices coming out,the lower wattage unit like the MVP2 are starting to come down,you can find some good deals on them now.
I meant one of those chargers. But you're right about the mods too.

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm resisting the urge to ask:

"Someone tell me what 2 buy right now pls. K thx."
One of each, of course. lol. I would say, just my opinion, if you prefer the tube style...Vamo, if you think you would like the box type, the MVP2 is a great choice.

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hope so,she'll go crazy trying to keep that 650mah battery charged.I went through the same hell.lol
I do go a bit coconuts trying to keep it charged! That's partly why I vape 18mg juice. More bang for your buck.

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I meant one of those chargers. But you're right about the mods too.
do you have a link for where you found it,I have had no luck,just the link Hobby put up,and they're out of stock

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
do you have a link for where you found it,I have had no luck,just the link Hobby put up,and they're out of stock
Not sure what version it is.

Add my vote to the Innokin MVP2 or the more sleek Innokin VV V3. Both are awesome vapers in variable voltage/wattage. I can't say enough good things about them.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OP you won't be disappointed with either of these. Spend a little more now and you won't have to spend more later. No charger or battery to buy. Both have usb on board charging. Quality and top notch customer support. Small and powerful, Both have a genuine Evolv DNA 30 board.
http://www.vaporshark.com/advanced/mechs-mods/vs-rdna
http://www.vaporshark.com/advanced/mechs-mods/dna-buy-now
Here is a Canadian company that has a nice device too. Post # 11 in this thread http://vapingunderground.com/threads/best-50w-mod.2322/

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Don't forget those Chana DNA 30 mods.

Vaping mine right now. Also they have an internal charger wich could be a cost savings.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Indeed. The tattoos can wait. Nicotine trumps ink.
Hell ya it does.
So are you looking for a device that leaves options open for you down the road or the right now factor?

OK I second the MVP2 for a sub 50 buck device, or a groove 2. Not really ment for vaping lower than 1.1ish but kick ass on some of the kanger stuff. these would be the right now factor only limited lower ohm stuff.

I had an issue with my Vmax where some of the threading on the tube came apart and cut the hell out of a battery. As much as form factoring telescopic mods get to be a serious pain in the ass.

A dna or ChiNA device leaves you with a bit more flexibility, they can fire drippers in a sub ohm set up with ease or the carto tank styles.

But I agree check with TygerTyger's Canadian deal site you might get better prices on shipping.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Get a Provari or Vaporshark and be done with it already!!

I agree.

However trying to respect the charge card bill in advance!

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hell ya it does.
So are you looking for a device that leaves options open for you down the road or the right now factor?

OK I second the MVP2 for a sub 50 buck device, or a groove 2. Not really ment for vaping lower than 1.1ish but kick ass on some of the kanger stuff. these would be the right now factor only limited lower ohm stuff.

I had an issue with my Vmax where some of the threading on the tube came apart and cut the hell out of a battery. As much as form factoring telescopic mods get to be a serious pain in the ass.

A dna or ChiNA device leaves you with a bit more flexibility, they can fire drippers in a sub ohm set up with ease or the carto tank styles.

But I agree check with TygerTyger's Canadian deal site you might get better prices on shipping.

Is it an either/or thing? Def want something now-ish....anything would be better than what I'm using now.

The "upgraded" kanger coils give me one day of decent vaping. But only last three days.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is it an either/or thing? Def want something now-ish....anything would be better than what I'm using now.

The "upgraded" kanger coils give me one day of decent vaping. But only last three days.
scuba posted an ok dna device that would be a now device and down the road.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

The VaporShark rDNA was just released. It preforms great. The new Aspire Nautilus mini with the BVC is a pretty nice tank set up.

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm about to pull the trigger on the HANAA modz DNA 350 w the adaptor

Hesitant to look at tanks (brain full) but I may as well....

@Scuba-Matt thanks for that link.

VU Sponsors