Become a Patron!

Annoying cough started.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone.

I have been vaping for about 2 years now I think, and use DIY juice and have done for a long time.

Since I started vaping, things have been great. The only time they wasn't was when I had a bad chest infection, but this was just unlucky and not due to vaping.
However, since yesterday every hit I take I am coughing a lung up. Also this morning my cough was really bad.

I haven't changed my nic level or PG/VG mix, and am using flavours I have used in the past with no problem. I don't feel as if I am ill, so am a bit puzzled as to why this has started to happen now.

It feels as if the juice is tickling my chest/ throat whenever I take a hit. Obviously, this is not ideal and I would like to sort it out as quickly as possible.

I don't want to waste my Dr's time if it is something I am doing, but I really can't think of anything it could be? If anyone has any ideas that would be great, if not I guess it will be time for an appointment just in case it is anything causing it.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try vaping with 0 nic and see what that does. I've played with vg and pg a lot and find that neither one of those changes irritation much (for me anyway). I found that some nic rubbed me the wrong way.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try vaping with 0 nic and see what that does. I've played with vg and pg a lot and find that neither one of those changes irritation much (for me anyway). I found that some nic rubbed me the wrong way.

I could give it a try if the cough continues most definitely. I am using the same Darkstar nicotine as always though, so am a bit confused as to what is happening, and why it is only when I am vaping.

It could be the start of an infection maybe, and the vaping is irritating my throat or lungs while it is coming on. I hope not though, as they make you feel crappy.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had an infection in my chest when I first started vaping. Vaping definitely irritated it, but wasn't the cause of it.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had an infection in my chest when I first started vaping. Vaping definitely irritated it, but wasn't the cause of it.

Same here, I know vaping did not cause it though, I was just unlucky with the timing of the infection and starting to vape. It is that time of year here in the UK when people seem to get ill though, so it could be an infection coming on.

I hope it isn't, but if it is hopefully it isn't too bad, and at least I will be able to vape normally afterwards if it is, if not I would be a bit lost without all of my flavours I enjoy vaping.

Shawn

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i just went through that.. was post nasal drip from the weather changes here in florida. unfortunately only a doctor can figure that out for you.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I have come to the cause of the problem- I was simply becoming ill.

I feel quite rough today, and in the night had a fever, I usually sleep with no cover but even with a thick duvet I could not stop shivering. The cough has got worse, so I gather I have a virus. If it doesn't pass soon, I will go to the Dr's but do not want to waste their time in case it is just a virus and not an infection.

Hopefully it passes soon, and I can enjoy all my flavours again :).

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Funny.. I haven't actually had a cold since I started vaping 9 months ago. Side effect of not smoking and inhaling PG/VG probably. I do cough if i vape to much, but that is clearing the pipes or if i don't drink enough water. I found keeping a water glass in the bathroom helps me keep hydrated enough to reduce coughing and counter the thirsty feeling from vaping. The plus side is the extra water helps flush out other toxins too.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny.. I haven't actually had a cold since I started vaping 9 months ago. Side effect of not smoking and inhaling PG/VG probably. I do cough if i vape to much, but that is clearing the pipes or if i don't drink enough water. I found keeping a water glass in the bathroom helps me keep hydrated enough to reduce coughing and counter the thirsty feeling from vaping. The plus side is the extra water helps flush out other toxins too.

That is good man, did you used to suffer with colds more when you did smoke? Thinking about it, since I started vaping fully, I have had a lot less colds and infections than I did get previously.

Now, I am unsure if this is my age, or the vaping, or a combination of both. I used to get a lot of bouts of tonsilitis, and they say if you don't have them out, by your mid 20's they usually stop happening as much. I am now 26, and they have calmed down- I used to get it multiple times per year, it has been a long time since I have last had it now.

I drink quite a lot of fluids, this may be a carry over from when I was a big drinker, and had a drink in my hand constantly throughout the day. Since I stopped the alcohol though, I mainly drink tea (Yes, I am English, we don't all drink as much tea as I do though lol), or water.

It is good to stay well hydrated wether you vape or not, and if you do vape due to the nature of the vapour a lot of people do find they need to drink more fluids.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had that. Was coughing non stop while at work in Florida. Went to the Urgent Care. Had an ear infection and Bronchitis. Took like two weekd to go away with medicine. Go get it checked out !

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
That is good man, did you used to suffer with colds more when you did smoke? Thinking about it, since I started vaping fully, I have had a lot less colds and infections than I did get previously.

Now, I am unsure if this is my age, or the vaping, or a combination of both. I used to get a lot of bouts of tonsilitis, and they say if you don't have them out, by your mid 20's they usually stop happening as much. I am now 26, and they have calmed down- I used to get it multiple times per year, it has been a long time since I have last had it now.

I drink quite a lot of fluids, this may be a carry over from when I was a big drinker, and had a drink in my hand constantly throughout the day. Since I stopped the alcohol though, I mainly drink tea (Yes, I am English, we don't all drink as much tea as I do though lol), or water.

It is good to stay well hydrated wether you vape or not, and if you do vape due to the nature of the vapour a lot of people do find they need to drink more fluids.
I used to get more lung infections when I smoked. I had Pneumonia 3x in one year. And a chest pain that was a lingering touch of infection that lasted 8 months, but stopped soon after i started vaping. Felt more like it was in my back though. But since I started vaping, I haven't had even a chest cold. Sinus sniffle, yes, chest cold, no. (I think its more a sinus infection, pretty sure the paint fumes damaged something in there)

VU Sponsors