Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
minor rant.....

first, please know i am far from a prude. i use curse words on occasion when i get pissed about something. but i have noticed that in most of the vape shows i have watched, it's nothing but fucking this and fucking that. do vapers as a rule talk like this? or is it just because they are doing an online show, they are "showing off"?

to me it gets tiresome. i mean, cursing to make a point is fine, but using it prolifically in normal conversation sounds crude and socially backwards. i am not offended by it, but to be honest i am embarrassed for the ones doing it.

i am sure to be castigated for my opinion on this, but i just tell things like i see them. sorry.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it may be more of a hanging out with friends thing. Most people need to filter for work and general social situations so when it's just you and your buddies you sometimes slide further in the other direction. Or not.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You're referring to YouTube product reviews, in part?

If so, the crude language usually just washes over me because I'm a guy and I often talk with my friends in that manner.

I'm in 100% alignment with the comedian Lewis Black in this regard ...
"There's no such thing as bad language. I don't believe that anymore. It's ridiculous. They call it a debasing of the language. No! We are adults! These are the words that we use to express frustration, rage, anger . . . In order that we don't pick up a tire iron and beat the @#$%&*! out of something!" - Lewis Black, "Red, White & Screwed."

Btw, Vulgar Vape Dude rocks!
sm_rock.gif

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You're referring to YouTube product reviews, in part?

If so, the crude language usually just washes over me because I'm a guy and I often talk with my friends in that manner.

I'm in 100% alignment with the comedian Lewis Black in this regard ...
"There's no such thing as bad language. I don't believe that anymore. It's ridiculous. They call it a debasing of the language. No! We are adults! These are the words that we use to express frustration, rage, anger . . . In order that we don't pick up a tire iron and beat the @#$%&*! out of something!" - Lewis Black, "Red, White & Screwed."

Btw, Vulgar Vape Dude rocks!
sm_rock.gif

yeah i love lewis and i understand the whole frustration, rage and anger thing. but when "fucking" is used as an adjective for EVERYTHING, it gets old. just sayin....

and i know, if i don't like it, don't watch it. gotcha.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Are they trying to set a tone .? Music in the background , laid back style , like your hanging around with friends in a bar ? I just ignore that part though .

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
minor rant.....

first, please know i am far from a prude. i use curse words on occasion when i get pissed about something. but i have noticed that in most of the vape shows i have watched, it's nothing but fucking this and fucking that. do vapers as a rule talk like this? or is it just because they are doing an online show, they are "showing off"?

to me it gets tiresome. i mean, cursing to make a point is fine, but using it prolifically in normal conversation sounds crude and socially backwards. i am not offended by it, but to be honest i am embarrassed for the ones doing it.

i am sure to be castigated for my opinion on this, but i just tell things like i see them. sorry.
rW0MhbNs.jpg

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What vape shows? I'm missing out again:p

A curse word fitly spoken really drives a point home, especially if you're pissed off about something. But F this and F that.. maybe unsubscribe and find something a bit more educated, unless they're a New Yorker. I like how they say fucking. And buddy. But why do they call the police a cup? Somebody call a cup!

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the word fuck. I like all of the different ways it can used. Pretty fucking universal word for a pretty fucked up language we have. That's my opinion, so fuck it.

However, I actually don't use it every other word nor do I use it in every sentence. It makes me sound ignorant. As if I were unable to use other words to express my thoughts or feelings. Valid points can be easily disregarded because the speaker uses language that makes the speaker seem uneducated or like a dumbfuck.

I can express my thoughts, feelings and opinions more effectively without fuck.

But fuck is just a fun word. lol

egomama

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have found that is a little bit of a few things. For some it's the stressing the point these shows are for adults, not kids, for others it's the "hanging out with buddies" vibe, and there are some that its the shock value or the Im cool cuz I can cuss a lot ideal. There are quite a few shows that the cussing is set to a minimum ;)

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The vaping community is a cross section of society , just because some one vapes it is not a necessity , to have half a brain , be able to communicate ,or
be honest . Some are just followers , they do it because some one else does . Your post made me think .

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What vape shows? I'm missing out again:p

A curse word fitly spoken really drives a point home, especially if you're pissed off about something. But F this and F that.. maybe unsubscribe and find something a bit more educated, unless they're a New Yorker. I like how they say fucking. And buddy. But why do they call the police a cup? Somebody call a cup!

why do you call them bobbies? :p

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like the word fuck. I like all of the different ways it can used. Pretty fucking universal word for a pretty fucked up language we have. That's my opinion, so fuck it.

However, I actually don't use it every other word nor do I use it in every sentence. It makes me sound ignorant. As if I were unable to use other words to express my thoughts or feelings. Valid points can be easily disregarded because the speaker uses language that makes the speaker seem uneducated or like a dumbfuck.

I can express my thoughts, feelings and opinions more effectively without fuck.

But fuck is just a fun word. lol

i agree it's a fun word, but anything that is overused gets tedious. even fuck. :p

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you kelli.That video brought a tear to my eye. I feel as if you posted it just for me. ;)

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fuck, I posted a vid too late. heheh

Fuck it. :)

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well Fuck is my second favorite F word… I do use it to extremes at times as well and because of that I totally get were Kelli is coming from. It does get tiresome.. It also makes me question the intelligence of the person that is constantly using it. Especially if I don't know them. Now when my friends do it I don't even give it a second thought. But when someone new I meet does it then I am wondering if they were dropped on their heads to much as a child or just never took the effort to learn a more diverse vocabulary.

Now if you knew me this would make you laugh hysterically because I swear all the damn time.. I have to make a real effort to not do it. So I understand where people that do it frequently may not even know they are doing it to the point that they are.

So in conclusion… If you know someone who likes to "fuck" a little bit to much maybe the best thing to do it bring it to their attention and see if they could work on it a bit. Otherwise its all good.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I read all 3 paragraphs of that post and never got to find out what your first favorite F word is!?

Fuuuuuuuuck.
First is Friday. Lol.

I have a cousin that lives in your state. I really need to make it a point to visit with her.

Sent from that squirrel, in that tree, watching you.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't get it Kelli, there are lots of very popular reviewers that don't use the kind of language you're talking about. Guys like Busardo, Green, Dimitri, Todd, Rip, and many more. They may let a little language slip on very rare occasions, but for the most part they are very PG. Just watch the reviewers that don't offend and forget the rest. What's the big deal?

I appreciate guys like Damien and Twisted that do use a bit more colorful language because that's who they are. You can tell they really do talk like that and I don't find that offensive personally, but if you do then don't subscribe and don't watch. I would much rather see someone who is talking as they normally would than a politically correct version of themselves that doesn't reflect their real persona.

Don't watch what you don't like.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

i already said that ;)

and i'm not talking about the reviewers so much as the ones who do live vape shows.

also, i never said i found it offensive....:)

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like some reviews, mostly for the chuckles, but I just can't get into the shows. Way too long and dragged out. 5 minutes in and I'm walking around cleaning the house. And I have to be REALLY bored to clean.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
minor rant.....

Yeah I know what ya mean Kelli but see I want to form a "Steel Panther" type vape show here is an example
Just change things up a bit "I vaped 17 mods in a row" hahaha

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Most vape shows I have seen, are jammed full of PRETENTIOUS cock knockers....Friends dont let friends be hipsters.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most vape shows I have seen, are jammed full of PRETENTIOUS cock knockers....Friends dont let friends be hipsters.
yeah that hipster stuff is for the crapper but I still would like to do a parody of another vape show but well done :)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol, ill as boobies!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I know what ya mean Kelli but see I want to form a "Steel Panther" type vape show here is an example
Just change things up a bit "I vaped 17 mods in a row" hahaha

thaaat was charming.

VapingHippie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well what the fuck is this fucking world fucken coming to? I mean FUCK!!! why the fuck do these assholes have to use such damned foul language all the goddamn mutha fucken time, I mean shit e-fuckn-nuff is enough. Jesus fucking Christ on a cracker.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well….. fuck…..

Alan Woltemath

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i have never seen the word fuck so much in my life. :D

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
and you have a f'ing problem with that? WTF ... :cool:

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont care for all this fucking fuck talk all the fucking time,,,,,,, bunch of crazy fucks.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
minor rant.....

Look what you started Kelli.......:D I hope ,your proud of yourself young lady..:rolleyes:

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
L O FUCKING L

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
minor rant.....

Ha Ha have you ever watched Mod Envy? I refrain from using profanity unless it is provoked but boob talk is always welcomed, just saying.

1524866_10202751114600492_672966314_n.jpg Are you ready.jpg Mmod envy.jpg , but boob

minor rant.....

Well first its after hours which most children or under age individuals shouldnt be watching, 2nd it does notify you that its adult only and must be over the age of at least 18. 3rd Any time I have watched, an occasional cuss word comes out but to some it comes as second nature. Not everyone feels they need to be proper 24/7..... 4th Its not a doctors appointment or a court house, its a show about vaping and right now most vapers are fighting an uphill battle with the FDA and most likely had a somewhat bad day at one point or another. 5th We are a community, We are one, we do not judge and we feel free to be comfortable with each, comfortable enough to let out those words we are not allowed to use throughout the day because people like you become uneasy when you hear the word F**k....... Sorry! And You want to talk about socially backwards? They say those who swear more then others are most likely to be more social then those who hold back due to feeling unacceptable by the other person. Social People are not afraid to speak their mind and say Fuck! Its those that create a thread already assuming people will castigate you for your opinion when in fact the only reason you wrote that was So people would agree with You! Well sorry hun not this girl! All I see is someone who cant think of anything important enough to write, so instead you write about things that make you feel uncomfortable! Get a councilor hun! Sorry if this was to harsh, I tell em like I see em!!!

I don't get it Kelli, there are lots of very popular reviewers that don't use the kind of language you're talking about. Guys like Busardo, Green, Dimitri, Todd, Rip, and many more. They may let a little language slip on very rare occasions, but for the most part they are very PG. Just watch the reviewers that don't offend and forget the rest. What's the big deal?

I appreciate guys like Damien and Twisted that do use a bit more colorful language because that's who they are. You can tell they really do talk like that and I don't find that offensive personally, but if you do then don't subscribe and don't watch. I would much rather see someone who is talking as they normally would than a politically correct version of themselves that doesn't reflect their real persona.

True, I forgot to mention the fact she put all vapers in one category as far as speech. Everyone is different and again nothing wrong with cussing but not all vapers do cuss!!!!! Thanks for that Drone!!! Good looking out!

VU Sponsors