Become a Patron!

An amatuer Vaper with a common question!

Do you find most Youtube E-Juice reviews too long or without structure?

• Total voters
I've been vaping for a couple months now and what I care most about is flavor chasing.

Not necessarily hardcore about flavor chasing hardware yet, but just trying to find some of THE BEST juices out there.

I've grown really tired of long and strenuous youtube video reviews on e juice flavors, many going over 10 minutes, so I created my own channel called Quick Vapes. 3 minutes or less is the name of the game, one flavor per video.

After reviewing a handful of flavors from a company, I will make a short company review that is under 3 minutes. I only have a couple vids up, but I'd love it if you guys stopped by and checked it out, maybe sub if you dig the structure and content of my vids.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCslccabXA9WUT7-lHc-A_6A

The point of this channel is to amass as many subs as possible, not to make money from Youtube, hell no, but to receive free juice from companies and give straight forward, honest reviews. No selling out, no bullshit lol, period. Also, with enough subs, I could coax companies into doing Juice giveaways and also doing personal giveaways. Buy a 30-50ml bottle, review it with one drip session, and then send it out to some using a random number generator.

For me, this is about fun, fan/community interaction and finding that perfect juice.

My vaping back story: I smoked for 7 years straight and never tried to quit. Once I invested in a Sigelei 50 watt regulated Box Mod and a Little Boy RDA Clone, it was over rover! I'M LOVING THE VAPE LIFE AND HAVEN'T LOOKED BACK!

If any of you out there have gone through many juices and would list your top 3 favorite flavors, I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers!
-Dane

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never understood E-liquid reviews - or cigar, beer, wine, or food reviews for that matter. How do you rate a flavor? One of my favorite juices tastes of eucalyptus and camphor wood, but most vapers who try it think it tastes of an extremely nasty cold medicine. How would I review it impartially? One person's good flavor is another person's most atrocious juice in the world.

Imho, the only juice that can be reviewed on video is the RY4: it's so common everybody knows what it tastes like. So it sort of makes sense to compare a new RY4 variant with the original - just like it would make sense to compare a new burger with a Big Mac, because everybody knows what a Big Mac tastes like. People have a reference point. But reviewing other juices? That's a crapshoot. Tastes are just too subjective.

On the subject of video reviews, yes they're all too long. WAAAY too long.

I've never understood E-liquid reviews - or cigar, beer, wine, or food reviews for that matter. How do you rate a flavor? One of my favorite juices tastes of eucalyptus and camphor wood, but most vapers who try it think it tastes of an extremely nasty cold medicine. How would I review it impartially? One person's good flavor is another person's most atrocious juice in the world.

Imho, the only juice that can be reviewed on video is the RY4: it's so common everybody knows what it tastes like. So it sort of makes sense to compare a new RY4 variant with the original - just like it would make sense to compare a new burger with a Big Mac, because everybody knows what a Big Mac tastes like. People have a reference point. But reviewing other juices? That's a crapshoot. Tastes are just too subjective.

On the subject of video reviews, yes they're all too long. WAAAY too long.

Taste is subjective, but it's nice to hear other people's input on something, especially with something tangible like a quick video to watch. If it isn't science, it's theoretical or opinion based. My palate is not your palate, but what I'm trying to bring to the camera is honesty and personality.

Someone can sit there and review something with a straight face and say it's awesome or terrible. My combination of body language, facial expressions and vocal range leads to nothing more than a fresh face to watch in a timely manner. That is all sir. Thank you for responding. What juice is it that tastes like eucalyptus and camphor wood? I'd love to try that lol. I'm not opposed to RY4 flavors, I'm just looking for stuff out of the ordinary and unique, as the e-liquid gives us many novelty sounding ideas; some bad, some addicting depending on who you are.

Again, I appreciate the comment. Cheers

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[...]What juice is it that tastes like eucalyptus and camphor wood? I'd love to try that lol.[...]

It's this one: Tervaleijona from Nordic Vapours. It's supposed to mimic the flavor of the Finnish candy Terva Leijona - which is salty liquorice with wood tar, a local delicacy from the area of Oulu, Finland. Only they completely messed up the flavor: if this tastes anything like salty liquorice or wood tar, then I'm the Queen of England... Instead, its flavor is almost exactly that of Vicks VapoRub. A couple of vapers I met in Finland even called it "sauna bench seat flavor" :).

I love it myself, but your mileage may vary. If you like juices that are out of the ordinary, you'll be well served with that one.

Everyday Vaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ive been doing short 1 flavour reviews for quite a while now. I tell folks to disregard wether I like it or not. I try to describe the flavour profile as much as possible.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey glad to see more channels popping up. Don't forget to go subscribe to mine! Link in the signature. I'll sub you.

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good job so far, subscribed! One note, watch out. Youtube will nail your ass for using copyrighted music in your vids!

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yo quick! Best way to avoid that is to go to soundcloud and download uncopywritten tunes such as remix songs and what not.

Good job so far, subscribed! One note, watch out. Youtube will nail your ass for using copyrighted music in your vids!
Bah, I'm not too worried about that. It's only to be worried about if you overlay a track onto a video. It's much harder for it to pick up what song is playing when it's in the background along with other hums, whirs, voices and sounds going on.

It also depends who "owns" the music. Most of the time if you do get a copywright claim, it gives you the option to automatically link the video holders info into your video description. Others are weak and penalize your account, but it only ends with the audio being removed completely from your vid, making it worthless.

I have plenty of experience with this shit, I have non-vape related channel with 80k views and have dealt with said bullshit many times haha! Thanks for the sub, much appreciated!

Yo quick! Best way to avoid that is to go to soundcloud and download uncopywritten tunes such as remix songs and what not.
You can also take any song, throw it in an editing program like FL Studio or Garage Band and barely adjust the pitch. The best way however, is to physically play the music through speakers and not layer the mp3 over the video while editing. Layering makes it much easier for the tubes to identify the music. When you first upload, it rips the audio from your video (it doesn't give a shit about your video), and starts scanning it's banks and libraries like a thumb print scan to see if anything matches.

I've actually received the thumbs up in writing to use Sumerian Records music before. Other people are also pretty damn forgiving if you give proper links and titles in your video description, which I do every time ;) Fuckin fat cats with their copyright claims on small ass channels. BLOW ME hahaha :D

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol I know man its really irritating. But that's the law of the land

VU Sponsors