Become a Patron!

Am going to get a few more regulated mods. Recommendations?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people.

I asked in another thread what will be a long lasting regulated mod, and got told to get a mech, so I thought I will change the question.

In a few weeks, when I have the money, is the IPV 3 LI or IPV 4 good value for money? After getting my first IPV(D2) Yesterday, I fancy a few more due to the quality, and I feel superior temp control.

The IPV 3 LI is £20 more than the IPV 4s, and is 165W, upgradeable to 200 watts.

May I ask how it is upgraded to 200 watts, not that I need 200?

After I have that, to make it an number I like, 6, I will need one more mod. I have no idea what this mod could be though, I want something quality, up to £100, and something that will last a fair few years.

It does not have to be IPV or sigelei for the last mod, but the next mod will probably be the IPV 3 LI. The 4s Is 120W, Ipv 3 LI is 165.

If the IPV 4S is better though, I will get that.

I think if I use my mods in rotation, they will last a lot longer than a single unit would.

I am not counting the mech mod, as that is just an emergency device I ordered in a panic, but it will get used at 0.4-0.5 with a dripper, pulling 8 and 10 amps respectively.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If you are careful with your gear, your mods should pretty much last if not forever at least a very long time and long enough to become completely outdated!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The IPV3Li is upgradable by plugging the supplied cable into it with the batteries out of it. You have to download the communication software and the update from P4Y it's super easy to do.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The IPV3Li is upgradable by plugging the supplied cable into it with the batteries out of it. You have to download the communication software and the update from P4Y it's super easy to do.
That sounds really easy. Does it only work on windows though?

How much would a device set me with the DNA200 board? Will this last well?
If you are careful with your gear, your mods should pretty much last if not forever at least a very long time and long enough to become completely outdated!
The way a shop was talking to me was they only last a year or 2 then they stop working, and with the sig 30 breaking just after 3 months I was thinking maybe this to be true.

If I was just unlucky, should the devices I have last me for years to come?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think dual battery is a must this time round though. I got enough singles. So, what good dual battery mods are out there? Apart from the sig 150, I already have, and I do not like the look of the TC version, and if its the same as the 75's TC I dont go much on it.

I much prefer the IPV way, it seems I get a smoother pull, not full power for 2 seconds, then hardly anything for 1, power for 1, and none again for a 5 second pull.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would spend the money on something with a dna200 or yihi 350j board in it.

You can find them in single or dual battery enclosures, a bunch of different companies sell boxes with the 350j in it and I haven't looked much for the dna200 as I'm not in the market for one right now but I'm sure there will be a bunch of cool boxes coming out with the dna200 if there aren't already.

I would spend good money on 1 mod as opposed to buying multiple lower cost mods but that's just me.

The guy at your local shop probably sells the lower cost ones that he see's coming back within a year;)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I am looking around £120+? If I know this will last longer than cheaper mods, I will get something with that chip. I just do not know what devices have it, apart from the yihi sx and that is around £170!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yihi's sx mini or others that buy the board and put it in their box... I'll have to google it to find a few. I have seen some bad ass mods posted here with the 350 chip in it but I just wanted basic with the 350 chip in it

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yihi's sx mini or others that buy the board and put it in their box... I'll have to google it to find a few. I have seen some bad ass mods posted here with the 350 chip in it but I just wanted basic with the 350 chip in it
Thats what I want, basic with the good chip.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The others will be more, but you are getting a lot nicer enclosure.
If your not in the $200+ range you can get one but the enclosure will be on the low end and you'd probably be better off finding something else.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If uncle RJ is right, and the mods I have will not break for years if treated correctly, I see no need to spend that much on a mod actually. I tend to think of things quickly due to my brain damage, but rationally I know spending £170 on one mod is insane.

I would rather have more, cheaper mods, that I won't get upset if it scratches or even breaks after a few years. With a £170 device I would be quite upset.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For sure, if you don't want to spend the money just forbtye sake of having a high end mod, then don't.

Sounds like you have a couple now so if one breaks, you have a back up to hold you over while the shiny new one is in the mail.
And if that's a year from now there will be even cooler stuff to spend your $$$ on ;)

Last edited:

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like my ipv4. Easy to maintain and use. Dropped it and scuffed and dented it a bit so I dismantled it, sanded it and spray painted it white. At the price for which I bought it I don't have any problem with a few bangs and bumps and the internals are fairly sturdy. As for battery, go with duals. I bought 4 HE2s that I rotate thru and they last two days with my herakles and at least one when I'm dripping and I think I'd go nuts having to worry about swapping them any more frequently than that. If you can get the ipv3 li I'd go with that but the ipv4 is a good value buy. Just my 2¢ as far as the ipv line goes...

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, there's a lot to be said for something you don't mind dinging a little bit but still has a good chip in it.

Main thing I would look for if I were you is ability to buck voltage down to around 1v since you like a cool vape. Not sure if you have a device like that yet, most of the lower priced mods don't but if you can find one that does... bonus!

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dual micro @ .24ohms with 26ga on a 2 mm wrap runs pretty well from 2.3v to 7.5v. Haven't gotten anywhere near 1v but that's still a pretty nice operating range. Kinda bottoms out below 25 watts but with an rda that can provide a cyclonic type of draw you should get that cooler vape

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know I'll be picking up one or two of the new istick100W units. 100W for $33 seems attractive, and it seems to have decent reviews. Like you, I am all set on 1 battery mods. I need more to power multiple RDAs now that I am dripping. And of course, to feed my obsession. haha. And I'm not in love with TC yet.

AndyRoundhead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi people.

I asked in another thread what will be a long lasting regulated mod, and got told to get a mech, so I thought I will change the question.

In a few weeks, when I have the money, is the IPV 3 LI or IPV 4 good value for money? After getting my first IPV(D2) Yesterday, I fancy a few more due to the quality, and I feel superior temp control.

The IPV 3 LI is £20 more than the IPV 4s, and is 165W, upgradeable to 200 watts.

May I ask how it is upgraded to 200 watts, not that I need 200?

After I have that, to make it an number I like, 6, I will need one more mod. I have no idea what this mod could be though, I want something quality, up to £100, and something that will last a fair few years.

It does not have to be IPV or sigelei for the last mod, but the next mod will probably be the IPV 3 LI. The 4s Is 120W, Ipv 3 LI is 165.

If the IPV 4S is better though, I will get that.

I think if I use my mods in rotation, they will last a lot longer than a single unit would.

I am not counting the mech mod, as that is just an emergency device I ordered in a panic, but it will get used at 0.4-0.5 with a dripper, pulling 8 and 10 amps respectively.
I love my ipv 4 but I Vape inside all the time so the mirrored screen does not bother me.

Sent from my Z995 using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I should have a SMOK XCUBE 2 coming today, so I found the dual battery mod I wanted. Something a little different, and liked the user upgrade bit and the bluetooth.

I also have the sigelei 150, thats quite a good chip isn't it on the sig?

Just hurry up mr postman! He didnt get here till about half 11 yesterday, our normal postie Mark is either off sick or on holiday, I will ask him when he is finally back. We get out post about 10-10:30 with him.

smoke free vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Sigelei Mini Mod is a regulated box mod made of aluminium alloy having adjustable variable wattage output from 5 to 30 watts and is 510 threaded.

VU Sponsors