All Things Genesis (NOT THE BAND)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
For you old school genny fans, those returning, or newbies wanting to venture into the loved/hated Genesis style atomiser.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have one myself.

Still trying to get the damn thing to work!

Not quite giving up yet......................Sigh.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Gennys are my favorite Atty to build close to a RDA on flavor but no need to drip. I just got a authentic gold (not brass gold plated)kraken and loving it.built it with ss cable with elkwool sleeve
f70150a702c62c86ebc73d20375e4e1d.jpg

Sent from my XT1030

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have one myself.

Still trying to get the damn thing to work!

Not quite giving up yet......................Sigh.
A great number of people have issues not so much with coils, but the ss mesh. Thing is, it's not necessary to built with mesh. I have a Sat22 built with rolled Japanese cotton inserted as one would a solid wick. This basically turns the genny into an "Auto-dripper" and works nicely. You still need to vape with the coil facing down and a tilt.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A great number of people have issues not so much with coils, but the ss mesh. Thing is, it's not necessary to built with mesh. I have a Sat22 built with rolled Japanese cotton inserted as one would a solid wick. This basically turns the genny into an "Auto-dripper" and works nicely. You still need to vape with the coil facing down and a tilt.
How's the sat 22 draw us it tight like a cigalike? That's NY next Genny but the tiny airholes puts me on the fence about it

Sent from my XT1030

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
EgDkkiD.png

I had the fine people (Mike the owner) at 510 Vapers drill out the top hole for me. Perfect draw, not unlike an Orchid.
To answer your question...yes, it is unreasonably tight without modification.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a single wick RSST modified for a SS Mesh U Wick-A Kraken Clone that leaked until I replaced the bottom O Ring for the tank and a iHybrid Pure which Maximum Vapors had on clearance for $40. I use SS Mesh-#400 and 500 and SS Cable with SS Mesh. Have tried cotton wick prefer SS Mesh wicking

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thou art a St Louisan? Nevermind, you are in MN. I was asking because Maximum is located here in St Loo.

Last edited:

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I
Gennys are my favorite Atty to build close to a RDA on flavor but no need to drip. I just got a authentic gold (not brass gold plated)kraken and loving it.built it with ss cable with elkwool sleeve
f70150a702c62c86ebc73d20375e4e1d.jpg

Sent from my XT1030

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I seem to be a bit of a freak at the shop,im the only one who still uses a genni. Every one else either drips or runs the kayfun types. I use them too but my kraken with a .4dual coil build or an AGA t2 at .6-.7 are where its at for me.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just rebuilt my kraken with straight SS cable it wicks like a hose I like it better then mesh or even cellucotton

Sent from my XT1030

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that Peter Gabriel was much better, that Phil Collins dude should have just stayed on the drums and stfu.
Oh not the band? Nvm then:)

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a few of those and one of these
Ozu8hnu.jpg
I miss my lil penelope. I have the glass as well.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two krakens and love them. But I have since moved on to modified Kayfuns. Not quite the clouds that the kracken puts out but a close second. waiting for my orchid to come in.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You posted detail photos of this build somewhere but I don't remember where. Would you mind re-posting here? I have a Sat22 arriving in a week. Thanks @franciscan.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Deleted by the author who was shamelessly using the thread to drive traffic to an auction listing or otherwise troll for tasty trades... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
MZZurCH.png

Sorry for the blur...but you get the idea. Make certain that the cotton is not rolled in the tank area. I spread mine out so it will contact as much juice as possible.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MZZurCH.png

Sorry for the blur...but you get the idea. Make certain that the cotton is not rolled in the tank area. I spread mine out so it will contact as much juice as possible.

So, long spread out tail touching the bottom of the tank. Coil ID the size of the juice hole. And twist cap full counter clockwise to avoid short, I imagine. Hope it works out better than my GS experience. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dmska

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wanted to like genesis atomizers, and bought an aga-t to try. Never got it to work satisfactorily and gave up. I'd still like to pick one up and give it a shot again.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wanted to like genesis atomizers, and bought an aga-t to try. Never got it to work satisfactorily and gave up. I'd still like to pick one up and give it a shot again.
it took awhile for me to warm up to my genny's. you really have to set it up properly and learn to tilt when you vape. I use SS rope which has worked the best for me because it's already 1/16" and the coils are wrapped tight on the rope. not super tight but you get the idea. still have to work out hot legs but once I got it set up I don't change it anymore. I have had the same coils and SS rope in one of my genny's forever. and my new one I just built took about 30 mins to set up and vapes perfect. just have to be patient when building them.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Auto dripping with Japanese cotton is worth trying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Franny, just got my Sat22 and will do a build as soon as I'm done with the obligatory drill-press dance. (Air holes!!!) Any savvy advise on avoiding coil-on-cap shorting?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Nothing thicker than 24g or more than 2mm inside diametre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sat22 is tasting very good, nice vapor density and pleasingly warm. Also admiring how small it is, yet holds a bona fide 3 ml. Makes my Kayfun Nano look chubby. Build: 28 gauge, 2mm, 1.2 ohm, j-cotton per your suggestion. Have no idea how you get the tail in the tank to spread out though. :confused:

PB011885 edit.jpg

Last edited:

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@TheWestPole did you try a mesh build on the Sat22 before you drilled out the holes?

I may be wrong, but found that if the airhole is airy, the mesh doesn't wick as well. I only mention this because I just tried my friends Nahualon cap that he bored out on both inside and out; and while I definitely get more vapor, I cant go more than 2-3 draws before I get an immediate dryness.

He vapes his with cotton, and it doesn't taste bad with his cap on, but vice versa, if I use my Nahualon cap on his build, I get a slightly burnt taste.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the comments. I did try with the stock air holes, just couldn't stand the draw that tight and wouldn't settle for it. I still don't have a consistent wicking method, but have to admit other stuff has pulled me away from the Sat22. Will let you know if I have any good results when I get back to it.

Meanwhile, would be good to get pics of your Nahualon builds if you get a chance. Cheers.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I can definitely see how the stock airhole would be a turnoff for many; I personally wouldn't have touched either the Nahualon or Sat22 a few months ago, but as tastes change, so does vaping habits, and mine really went a full 180 degrees ;)

The Nahulaon is built pretty much the exact same way as the Sat22 except I have the length and width of the mesh shorter and wider on the Nahualon.
20j304j.jpg

I stick to 30g wire, aprox. 3-4 wraps around 400ss mesh that is tubed in the center. Resistance is around 1.1-1.2 ohms.

My Sat22 is a V1 so the air-holes are .06mm each. (V2 is .08mm) The Nahualon is tighter, it has a single 1.1mm on the outside but also has a even smaller chamber even though it looks rather large.

Nice thing about the Nahualon is that I never have to tilt the device, wicks absolutely perfect every time regardless of which direction I orient the tank towards. With the Sat22, I tend to keep the airhole towards me when I vape it, but that's just about all the "tilting" I really need to do.

The Sat22 is extremely easy to build, not to say the Nahualon isn't, but between the two, the Sat is much easier. Which do I like better? I dunno, would be nice to combine both aspects, but for now, on the go, I take the Nahualon, and at home, I pretty much only vape the Satburn.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I can definitely see how the stock airhole would be a turnoff for many; I personally wouldn't have touched either the Nahualon or Sat22 a few months ago, but as tastes change, so does vaping habits, and mine really went a full 180 degrees ;)

The Nahulaon is built pretty much the exact same way as the Sat22 except I have the length and width of the mesh shorter and wider on the Nahualon.
20j304j.jpg

I stick to 30g wire, aprox. 3-4 wraps around 400ss mesh that is tubed in the center. Resistance is around 1.1-1.2 ohms.

My Sat22 is a V1 so the air-holes are .06mm each. (V2 is .08mm) The Nahualon is tighter, it has a single 1.1mm on the outside but also has a even smaller chamber even though it looks rather large.

Nice thing about the Nahualon is that I never have to tilt the device, wicks absolutely perfect every time regardless of which direction I orient the tank towards. With the Sat22, I tend to keep the airhole towards me when I vape it, but that's just about all the "tilting" I really need to do.

The Sat22 is extremely easy to build, not to say the Nahualon isn't, but between the two, the Sat is much easier. Which do I like better? I dunno, would be nice to combine both aspects, but for now, on the go, I take the Nahualon, and at home, I pretty much only vape the Satburn.

I may go back to SS mesh. I really want to master this thing because I really like the small dripper quality when its good. May try your 30 gauge too. :)

Question: Do you know of a gennie with a horizontal post/coil orientation and dual juice holes? I've haven't found one, and I'm thinking of constructing one if I have to. Again, to get that small dripper quality with a tank.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly, I've only been using genesis atomizers for about a week now; I'm fairly new to this myself so my knowledge of other gennies is still very limited ;)

My coil builds are pretty much copied from igetcha69's reviews on various genesis atomizers.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

20j304j.jpg

Hey @KKen, I'm trying 400 mesh tonight, rolled 4 layers. Coil is 2.4 mm ID, 28 ga, 1.4 ohm, using the bigger juice hole left of the screw. (I have tried both, the other using a 2 mm coil.) Still getting burnt hits.

Should I try rolling a wick with more layers or less?

VU Sponsors