Become a Patron!

Smilks

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, I just returned to Ohio from a trip to Yellowstone. My trusty Alien 220 took the trip with me (it's pretty much an extension of my right hand). It worked fine when I returned. I took the batteries out to charge them while I slept, woke up, put the batteries in...and NOTHING happened. I have tried 3 different sets of "married". Nadda. I changed the coil and cleaned all connections. Nothing. I hooked it up using the cord that came with it and ran the updates. Still NOTHING. I've also tried pressing the fire button 5 times, it's not in stealth mode. I have only had it for a few months. I called Madvapes (warranty call center). They sent me an email with a million and one instructions to follow to get my warranty going. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I don't want to go through all of that. I'm using my iJoy RDTA Box for now, but I'm not a pro at building and I'm having Alien withdrawals. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Debbie J

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am having the same issue, I am so frustrated. It is out of warranty by 10 days,

Smilks

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I finally got mine to work. I noticed that it would power up when the battery door was halfway closed. So, I started looking around the door area. I'm not sure if your issue is the same as mine, but if you open it and look at the door hinge there is a little knob sticking up back there. Not the gold one that's obvious, but a tiny hidden one right at the hinge. I noticed that the part of the mod in that area was worn out (from opening and closing so much). So, I started trying to stick a little piece of rubber band in there to see if that's what was preventing it from powering up (maybe a safety feature that makes the mod think that the door isn't shut?!). I couldn't get the super tiny piece of rubber to stay in place. Plan B was to paint a few coats of nail polish on the worn out area to build it back up, but I decided to try to close it and start it up as normal one more time...and it worked! My next issue was that it would randomly power off after not using it for 60 seconds. Then it would randomly flash the logo screen and turn off again. I would have to restart it after the logo flashed, and the new coil screen would come up every time. I did some reading and found that, that is common with the vb 1.0.3 upgrade - it powers off when the screen times out and sort of has a mind of its own. I found a thread with instruction on how to reset to the earlier version, and I plan on doing that, but in the meantime I just upped my screen time-out to the maximum allowed (4 minutes roughly). I hope this helps!

VU Sponsors