Become a Patron!

AIMIDI Curve V8 240W 20700 TC Box MOD

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the AIMIDI Curve V8 240W 20700 TC Box MOD. The AIMIDI Curve V8 240W 20700 TC Box MOD was sent for the purpose of this review by Lily Pan from the Healthcabin.

https://www.healthcabin.net/index.php

In the Box

Contents:

1x AIMIDI Curve V8 Box MOD
1x 18650 battery adaptor
1x Silicone Sleeve
1x USB cable
1x Manual
1x Warranty card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Aimidi Curve V8 is a big device as you can see from the specs, yet with it's very curved design is very comfortable to hold and fire. I say it's comfortable to fire that is for me with having not the largest of hands when firing with my finger using the side fire button, those with larger hands will find it just as comfortable thumb firing using the front fire button, that's correct there are 2 fire buttons. While being designed with ergonomics in mind the device is more of a desktop device than an out and about one due to it's size (you would need a large pocket). The device is quite plain which will appeal to some and is entirely in the colour of choice, i received the Black version which is a Matt Black, it is also available in White and Yellow. The only features of the curved sides and back is a large curved fire button towards the top one side and on the back we have the word "AIMIDI" with the letters being made up of small hole cutouts, when the LED lighting is turned on the word lights up. The front of the device see's an alternative round fire button central top, two thirds down we have to the left and right the + and - buttons and central bottom is where we find the micro USB port. Between the fire and navigation buttons is where we find the 1.33 TFT colour screen which sits centrally. The bottom of the device is where we find the battery hatch door which has branding and safety stamps but no visible venting (i know devices are designed to allow heat to escape if venting occurs but as i have pointed out before i still like to see visible venting). The top of the device has a 25mm 510 plate sitting centrally with spring loaded 510. The supplied silicone sleeve is a great fit, normally i don't use a sleeve if it's provided but i really like the sleeve with the Curve V8 so i did. The build quality and finish is very good apart from a lot of movement with the battery door when open but once it's shut with batteries fitted there is no movement and it seems very secure. The only other thing i noticed is when 18650 batteries are fitted with the adaptor there is a slight rattle but it's very slight and to hear it you do have to give it a very vigorous shake so no big deal in my opinion.

Aimidi Curve V8 Specs:

Size: 101 x 58 x 43mm
Max wattage: 240W
Mode: VW/TC(Ni/Ti/SS)/TCR
Input Voltage: 6.4V-8.4V
Output Voltage: 1.0V-7.5V
Max Output Current: 40A
Support Atomizer Resistance: 0.05-3.0ohm
Display: 1.33-inch TFT color
AIMIDI LED backlight
Real Time Clock(RTC) function
Ergonomic design for comfortable hand feel
Temperature Control Range: 100℃-300℃/200F-570F
No overhang of plate with 25 mm tanks
Massive tanks can be used without overhanging device
Battery type:
2x high-rate 20700 battery (NOT included)
2x high-rate 18650 battery with adapter (NOT included)
USB Charging: DC 5V/2.5A
Thread: 510 thread
Colours: Yellow, White, Black

Using the Curve V8

You can fit 2 20700 batteries or 2 18650 batteries using the supplied silicone battery adaptor via the bottom hatch door, orientation is marked. The device is the normal 5 clicks on and off and 3 clicks to enter the menu system. The pictures i took make the display look blurry but that's just my camera not coping with the vibrant colour and brightness of the screen. The main screen graphics are a circular design with your wattage or temperature when in temp control displayed centrally, just below this is your 2 battery status bars. The screen displays further information in the four corners, top left is the resistance, top right is voltage, bottom left is time vaped and finally bottom right is the puff counter. There are a number of combination key presses which are, pressing the - and fire together for 3 seconds locks and unlocks the device, pressing + and fire for 3 seconds when in wattage mode allows you to set preheat and the same combination in temp control is where you can set your wattage for temp control. The menu screen brings up the following options, mode, clock, LED and return, selecting mode gives the following options, WATT, NI, TI, SS and TCR, selecting TCR brings up 5 memory slots. Selecting Clock allows you to set the time and screen timeout settings, selecting LED allows you to set how you want to set the lighting display on the back of the device. The LED settings give you the choice of 6 colours which you can have constantly on or on when vaping, you can also choose breathing effect of multicolour, of course if you don't want the lighting display you have the option of turning the lights off. The device is very easy to use and both fire buttons can be used to select. The clock on the device will i think devide opinion, the graphics are very outdated and looks like it belongs about 30 years ago but i think it has a retro charm to it.

Performance

I was impressed, the device fires instantly and seems to hit hard, for me firing using the side fire button was very comfortable. The only thing i noticed was the device reads the resistance higher than other devices and i did try different tanks and compare it with a few other devices and the Curve is the odd one out so the resistant reading isn't very accurate but it still gave a great hard hitting vape. I only used 18650 batteries with the device and battery life is what i would expect, the Curve V8 is capable of 2.5A charging but did not manage to confirm if it's firmware upgradeable. As you can see by it's dimensions the Curve V8 will accommodate pretty much any tank without overhang.

Conclusion

An instant firing, hard hitting, high wattage device but due to it's size isn't very portable.

Good Build Quality
Centre 510
Fit huge tanks
Fires Instantly
Hits hard
Vibrant colourful bright display
20700 or 18650 batteries
Perfect fitting silicone sleeve
Feels comfortable firing
LED lighting (can be turned off)
2 fire buttons
2.5A charging

Dislikes

Resistance Reading not accurate
Not very portable
Movement on battery door when open

I would once again like to thank Lily Pan from the Healthcabin for supplying the AIMIDI Curve V8 240W 20700 TC Box MOD for the purpose of this review.

https://www.healthcabin.net/index.php

VU Sponsors